Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

RealTimeEditor 5

I hate to ask this, but are there any aproximate ETAs? biggrin_o.gif

Also, this RTE shows the lack of objects in vanilla ArmA tounge2.gif. I wish I had more of them. Guess I'll have to make some.... whistle.gif

@i0n0s: I didn't mean that you needed to recreate the units to do it, since, as you say, you would need that to reapply the mode. I meant,

* unit changes to "FLYING" mode, you also set Z=50 (or whatever the standard flying height is).

* unit changes to "NONE", then you also set Z=0.

* unit Z set to 0, then you also change to "NONE" mode.

* unit Z set > 0, then you also change to "FLYING" mode.

I hate to ask this, but are there any aproximate ETAs? biggrin_o.gif

Also, this RTE shows the lack of objects in vanilla ArmA tounge2.gif. I wish I had more of them. Guess I'll have to make some.... whistle.gif

Use the Editor Upgrade 1.02 and you get all the goodies.. or was that not what you meant lol.

Not enough for me. the 6th sense editor upgrade is cool too, the "captive" soldiers are very nice for a base feeling, just I have to keep them looped in an anim if I don't want them to run away, if you're OPFOR. But still, looks awsome.

What I need is more airport objects, trolleys, ladders, bomb racks, etc etc, stuff I'll probably make in the near future for my other other project.

@i0n0s: I didn't mean that you needed to recreate the units to do it, since, as you say, you would need that to reapply the mode...

This don't work. If you have placed a helicopter on ground with special = "NONE", and then change it to "FLY", I can't set him 50 meters in the air because his engine is still of and he would fall like a brick. To have his engine working, I need to create him with "FLY". But I think recreating won't be a problem.

@MehMeh:

If you like to create some IEDs, since the projects I found are abandoned and the bomb creates a crash when using in a sqm-file, I would be really happy biggrin_o.gif

Hi

Im getting an error at loadup of Arma with the mod enabled, says the mod requires 'extended Event Handlers' addon?

Still going to try it, but thats weird, i dont recall seeing any required addons for the mod

Ya, something is wrong, I ran it, there like 3 different menus all on top of each other with buttons scattered alover.

Is this extended Event Handlers addon a required one for this?

Hi

Im getting an error at loadup of Arma with the mod enabled, says the mod requires 'extended Event Handlers' addon?

Still going to try it, but thats weird, i dont recall seeing any required addons for the mod

Ya, something is wrong, I ran it, there like 3 different menus all on top of each other with buttons scattered alover.

Is this extended Event Handlers addon a required one for this?

Yeah its required. Its required for a lot of the latest best addons around. smile_o.gif Makes them compatable..

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=400

Thanks for the clicky m8 smile_o.gif

Learn something new every day, I spend too much time modding and get lost with new updates around here crazy_o.gif

This is a very good tool but does everyone need to install this mod to play missions witch use "object spawn"-scripts made with this? I installed arma again for my new vista and scripts didnt work anymore in pbo-mission until I installed RTEditor. I had copied RTE_Export.sqf to mission folder.

edit: I read RTE manual again and looks like I have to "call" RTE_Export.sqf. How I do that in SQF script? Do I just need to place "call "RTE_Export.sqf"" on the first line of every spawning script?

edit 2: I got it work - I saw the solution on page 3. Sorry about this needless post.

Ok, I hope to get the next revision out in two weeks.

Promo video:

mxdwf78d.jpg

Low quality, 4 mb.

I also have a high quality variant with 40 mb. If someone likes to mirror it, just send me a pm. I won't mirror it since of my traffic limits and more things coming up  whistle.gif

Thanks to loki for cutting the video!

I also have a high quality variant with 40 mb. If someone likes to mirror it, just send me a pm. I won't mirror it since of my traffic limits and more things coming up  whistle.gif

Thanks to loki for cutting the video!

i had a smile in my face when i saw the video biggrin_o.gif

niclely done !!

nice tool, really looking forward to the final mission.

greetz

Hi, nice video, but you could had putted some music on it. Let's C ya

Sweet, does the copy pasting also work for objects?

Yes it works for any object you place on the map.

Using this and the MAP editor update is pretty awesome too, as you can eject what you have done in the editor straight into the mission.sqm so you can just reload your mission in the edtior and wala.. Its all in there..

Can this be used in a MP environment? Effectively one player becomes the DM (dungeon master - for those old enough!wink_o.gif and controls things that happen there.

[TAO] Kremator

About the DM-feature:

I'm not sure if it will get in the release. This is currently in discussion.

ooooh .... who i need bribe to get hands on V5 smile_o.gif ... in other words can't wait really looks great

Ok, now it is clear: the DM-feature will be in the release biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the mirror of the hi res-file.

Additional informations will follow this week!

i0n0s,

This is GREAT news. Many thanks for including the DM option. I can foresee a myriad of scenarios that could develop from this.

Thanks

Looking forward even more to release now !

[TAO] Kremator

Hello,

RTE is so amazing... notworthy.gif

but I should have missed something....? banghead.gif

When I launch RTE I have all "sliding-pannels" on top/bottom and left/right of my screen...

but, I only see F1 and F2 on top ?

No F3, F4, F5,etc...

Even if I select a created unit or group of units...?

I've seen on your very good youtube video that you have special units markers on map... something like USMC markers from OFP... is it included in this version of RTE?

Awaiting for your instructions Commander...

A F***ing Froggy Grunt