Sign in to follow this  
Eagle99

ACS accused of hacks !!!

*S* this post reflects the integrity of the Armed Combat Service as a group. ACS salutes all long standing OFP and ARMA groups and organizations for their dedication and professionalism throughout the years. Recently ACS has been accused of hacking and cheating in the SWAT 4 PC game due to a patch (no-cd patch). We understand where someone may have had a problem with various ACS SWAT 4 members using the same no-cd patch. The patch we have used was for multiple family users to be able to play while using a router on multiple PCs. ACS in its many forms (ATEF, ICM and now ACS) has never supported illegal game patches for the purpose of cheating as we stand behind our professionalism and attention to detail, realism, and training of all of our supported games.

ACS has non and serving military service members, as well as many military veterans who are strongly against any form of cheating or enhancements of our supported military games that takes away from "keeping it real" and allowing all of our members to have the closest military simulation they can have in and out of game. As far as the no-cd patch for SWAT 4, it has/will be removed from our main page and apologize for any "bad taste in your mouth" we have caused as our intension's were to only allow some members who chose to, the ability to save the life of their cds and allow multiple use for family members.

We have been a respective gaming organization for many, many years and in no way promote "PIRACY"; all of our members support the companies and software distributers and follow all software laws. Any future dialog, questions or concerns, please contact ACS personally, verses posting to the public or locking forums.

BIS has always been a site/forum that we have highly respected and used over the years and hope the apology and patches of the SWAT 4 no-cd has allowed the group to keep it's respected and honored service to OFP and ARMA. In closing, verses posting to the public (as this defames the repuation and integertry of ACS as a group) or locking forums, we would appreciate a personal PM concerning any future matters.

No-cd patches are perfectly legal and serve a legitimate purpose.

Why do you think the devs of this game decided to make the new versions not require the cd/dvd themselves ?

Anyone that thinks any differently of you for using no-cd patches, are just ignorant.

Dont worry about it.

Your completely correct, if you own the software then and it does not say in it's terms and conditions that you are not allowed to use one, then you are fine.

I have a legal direct to drive copy of SWAT4 on my PC, just because I don't use a CD doesn't mean it isn't a legitimate copy? It comes patched like that...

Sorry to hear your original thread was locked, hope this gets sorted out soon!

It is basically an abuse of power from the BIS admins. That is really what it comes down to. They must not see how posting and then locking a thread gives a clan a TERRIBLE reputation.

BIS admins are normally level headed too, in my opinion. But, not on this issue.

-Ironman-[Maj] @ April 28 2008,02:26)]It is basically an abuse of power from the BIS admins. That is really what it comes down to. They must not see how posting and then locking a thread gives a clan a TERRIBLE reputation.

BIS admins are normally level headed too, in my opinion. But, not on this issue.

+1 WL for discussing on how the forums are moderated.

Eagle99

When I close a topic then that means the case is closed and does not allow you to just start another thread.

Closing.

And don't even think about start another discussion about this.