Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

Hifi Sound FX V1.00 Released

Ok mate, tbh with you, I use a folder called @Sound..it doesn't matter if it isn't called @HIFI, you just have to edit your arma shortcut properties.

Under target it should read something like mine..

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -maxmem 512 -mod=@Sound -mod=DBE1

whatever the folder's called (the version of hifi you downloaded) add its name to the above target line in your shortcut properties with the '-mod=' placed 1st. You could always change it the folder name, its up to you...sorry for the hassle, someone else changed that whilst fixing my bikeys..

hope that helped

Regards

Mark XIII

Quote[/b] ]Well, all I ask is you be alittle more specific mate, do you mean the grenade throw sound, or maybe m203, or maybe the Mk19.. or have I got wrong completely..lol..Put it too me another way an I'll do my best to answer.

Sorry I wasn't clear was I ... M203 as the round comes flying in I was referring too.

Just ran a quick test game. Erhm... check out the A-10 and do a quick 4 vs. 4 squads firefight.

Somebody give this man a medal!

Just wanted to say thanks for this release and for all of your hard work before this. I've had fun playing around with the warfare version and I really wanted to highlight the fantastic helicopter sounds. I'm not qualified to comment on the individual sounds, although they are certainly nice and distinctive, but the overall volume and change of volume with distance are simply brilliant. It's the first sound mod that actually sounds as though there is a real-life helicopter going over you. Gone are the days of copters sneaking up to 20m away before their sound registers.

Once again thanks and for god sakes put your feet-up for a while and bask in the glory of a job well done!

Awesome work as usual, hats off to you thumbs-up.gif

The only issue I have is that the M24 sound (with the basic 1.5 config; I've not tried the others yet, so I don't know if it's any different) seems to suddenly cut off at the end. Other than that, it's all fantastic.

Heya,

Glad to see you guys are already enjoying it...

This time round, I got to do alot of online testing, which despite being boring at times, seems to have paid off. Myself & The .D spent many an evening working out the volume over range for many of the sounds. I have to thank The .D bigtime for letting me on his dedicated server an also appologise for the amount of times I flew into him with an A-10...sorry mate, I can fly like yeager in IL-2, but I'm a total noob flying in arma.....

HiFi 1.5 has seen the biggest changes within the config, before 1.5 all the missiles & rockets shared the same sounds. Now in 1.5 every missile, rocket, bomb & artilery shell has different impact sounds..This is no longer a borrowed config file, its pretty much mine now wink_o.gif

For those of you with machines like mine (runs arma like a screensaver..) I would recommend Hifi Warfare, as this is pretty tight alround and keeps sample sizes down. By no means is it lower quality. I just culled alot of stuff that wasn't really needed so it would run well with S**tloads of infantry.

Well, I really hope it was worth the wait!

Best Regards

Mark XIII

I had a few issues with missing sounds, but since I just reinstalled my PC (and ArmA) it could be my PC which is just causing this. I'll check for more missing updates and run some more testing first.

All I'm missing (using the 1.5 config) is:

-Engine sound for the A10

-Explosions/Impact sound for the AT5 (BMP2)

-Explosions/Impact sound for the VIKHR (KA50)

Otherwise it's great smile_o.gif

First off, thank you for the incredible work, detail, passion, and quality you've placed into this addon - by far one of the best improvements to ArmA that I've seen.

Of course, you don't have to take my word for it - that's why there are like 28 pages of comments just hours after release.

I salute you! (And your woman for supporting you in this too...) 

crazy_o.gif  rofl.gif  notworthy.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Congratulations mate!

Great work!

I will try tonight and see you around on MSN!

Haha~ pistols.gif

Mark, if you had to pick a version of this. Which would it be, the one that offers the most.

Warfare is what compared to just the 1.5 version? Still can't get my head around the differences.

Thanks.

For those of us that probably made the same mistake, if you thought that you installed the mod correctly, take your pick of the config files and copy them to the addon folder. heh I'm still new at this whistle.gif

Thanx Mark, I like this version.

can i add another one HUGE thanx for you really hard and really excellent work

downloading now)

Hi guys.

Couple of things, for those of you missing sounds, I shall look into this as soon as I'm able (at work right now, on a quick break!wink_o.gif...thinking about it, I know the sounds are in the pbo, so maybe you got a corrupted copy?!?

Ahhh the other thing, which config would I use....hmmmm

Well, I'm using 1.5 at the moment but I shall switch over to warfare the next online game I have...it just seems perfect for co-op to me, but then again I did design to be used with the warfare gamemode, so I guess that kinda makes sense..

I'll say this...make a small editor mission, plenty of infantry, some tanks and stuff..save it, then try both the configs one after another...that should help you decide which to use...

Well, thanks again for your support guys, always nice to see the regulars back in my thread!

Best Regards

Mark XIII

Mark,

After being quite anal about sound and mixing sound mods and getting things to how I liked, so far in this mod update (infantry, guns / bullet cracks, grenades etc etc) is a keeper without question.

I haven't really checked armored yet or heli's .. all I can say is with TrueGameMods installed with a long range drawn out firefight this mod pretty much has ticked every box for me.

I still like a different mods (naming no names) walking/running/ crawling sounds .. but for on-the-ground firefight immersion, this one certainly has got the dogs nuts about it. I don't think its too "hollywood" either ... I really love the bullet cracks, especially the long one with a reverb tail ... real nice.

Tried a night firefight in Gardinass Island in the massive forest at night with TrueGameMods, supression script your sound with Zguba's updates (with the flares), and dynamic sound AI ... man, just sitting back without night vision and watching and listening to things kick off big time and with infantry firing flares all around, and looking through the trees with the colored flicker, while trailers fly on by .... cant get much better really.

I need to fraps it and up a movie clip ... its worth seeing & hearing.

Good work on this update

thumbs-up.gif

There's something about the M1A1 and T-72 engine idle sounds which I don't like: There's a squeaking included.

I don't have any idea how a running tank engine alone would be squeaking like this. Tracks, dampers, hatches or maybe the trurret could be squeaking like this, but not if they aren't moving on a idle tank.

And what's making it worse, is that especially the frequently squeaking makes it easy to recognize that this sound is looped.

very nice... one gripe is the blackhawk sound...

I don't think it sounds very realistic (well it does a bit), it should sound like this:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3b6_1204932930

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ca7_1202409630

Same with the M134 mini-guns on the AH-6 and UH-60 they sound a bit awkward: Good vid for the M134 Gatling Gun:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3ab_1198447348

OH By the way what is the difference between WarfareACE and Warfare??? and is Movement sounds included (Eg... Walking, Crawling...)???

Thank you for all your time and care into this addon.. I hope this addon gets even better and better and you get a job with BIS as a sound editor

Good Luck for the future because you sure do have one Mark! smile_o.gif

Questions, Questions...

layne_suhr

Quote[/b] ]one gripe is the blackhawk sound...

I don't think it sounds very realistic (well it does a bit)

Ok mate, my own sound is taken from a blackhawk landing (and taking his time about it too) so I'll be leaving it in, I like it thankyou very much.

layne_suhr

Quote[/b] ]Same with the M134 mini-guns on the AH-6 and UH-60 they sound a bit awkward

Well, pretty much the same as above, these are taken from a R/L recording. Not being funny mate, I did watch the clips you so thoughtfully added. Although, am I the only one that thought the ROF resembled an M240 more than a minigun.

Now, thats a minigun!

Trapper

Quote[/b] ]I don't have any idea how a running tank engine alone would be squeaking like this

Haha, I thought I'd manage to release at least 1 version of my addon without such nastiness, but well found, I hate tanking so that would explain alot I guess, but I've just made up 2 new sounds, gonna get afew friends to playtest them for me. then I'll maybe make an update...

EDIT - Tried new sounds, sound much better, the guys like them, so I'll see if I can manage 1 last worthy update before I disapear into the fade.

mrcash2009

Quote[/b] ]Tried a night firefight in Gardinass Island in the massive forest at night with TrueGameMods, supression script your sound with Zguba's updates (with the flares), and dynamic sound AI ... man, just sitting back without night vision and watching and listening to things kick off big time and with infantry firing flares all around, and looking through the trees with the colored flicker, while trailers fly on by .... cant get much better really.

I need to fraps it and up a movie clip ... its worth seeing & hearing.

really glad your enjoying the up date so far, an I'd love to see this mission in a video mate....make it happen wink_o.gif

Well guys, thanks for the lovely comments, also a big shout to all who have so kindly provided mirrors! Cheers

Best Regards

Mark XIII

could you please tell me the difference between Warfare and WarfareACE i'm not sure what the difference is. Is one for high PC and one for Low PC?

could you please tell me the difference between Warfare and WarfareACE i'm not sure what the difference is. Is one for high PC and one for Low PC?

Hmm, did you try to read the readme?

Quote[/b] ]This is exactly the same as hifi warfare except you get some Ambient Combat Enviromental sounds instead of just birds tweeting and stuff.