Big-Rooney

Modern Combat - SLX Mod version 1.1

k thats cool but iv seen the Bleeds UK addon use the Face Texts befor also in the read me file of the Face Texts it says for you to in order to use the face text you would have to put an this in the Int line (_this select 0)exec "\facestex2\basefaces.sqs" but i cant get it to work sad_o.gif Cant i use the face text like this on them units to make them not have the messed up faces? Also the NVG dont come on the US forces and there NVG on there head that are equipped dont fold down. Do you got this problem?

You don't understand.

The BLEED UK addon can never use FaceTex because it does not use the high poly head model that FaceTex needs to map a face texture onto the head model.

MCM mod uses the high ploy head model as standard. It 'replaces' the BIS head model. Thus when you use an addon with it that does not have the high poly head model the face will look strange. This is because the texture it has mapped onto it is for the high poly head model and not the BIS head model.

As I said above you have two options:

- Keep using it with MCM and just put up with the 'broken' faces

or

- Replace the BIS head on these addons with the Llaumax high poly head models. This requires knowledge on addon making.

thanks for the info on this wink_o.gif  I get what your saying in all biggrin_o.gif Ill look at the PBO file of the uint and see what i can do wink_o.gif Also did you have the same issue with the NVG as i said in the last post huh.gif

how can i call in an airstrike or an artillery strike with the an-rpc thing. whenever u have units @ ur command there is that radio thing on ur back. i want to know how to use it.

Yeah, I really wanne know how to call in an airstrike. I try to select artillery date but the counter is zero. How do I mark the place I wanna strike? I am squad leader. A bit of explanation of this is not found in the readme. whistle.gif

Ok lol just was playing with this some more and well the UK units that are in the mod not ADDED are as well messed up huh.gif Also the Mod uses BIS faces not just Face Text ones. I got an question does any one have an addon that uses BIS faces like Bleeds UK ones or any other ones have this issue with the faces being messed up huh.gif

BTW: This mod has an huge impact on fps. While in a AH64D, and launching some FFAR on tanks, my FPS goes from 40-50 down to 10-15. (Normal settings, full visual quality, multitexturing off, view distance 1000). In GRAA 3.0 my fps goes down to 25-30 when attacking tanks. How can I keep soldierdragging and turn off the extra visuals like smoke and fire? Seems to me that all the smoke and fire has a huge load on the CPU, not the videocard which is 8600GT 512MB RAM.

My PC:

P4 3.0 GHZ, 2 GB RAM

Hey everyone,

I moved all the files on njmatrix' server to their own folder so all the links need to be updated in both the 1.0 and 1.1 threads by Big Rooney. until then here are the links:

MCM 1.0 files

http://njmatrix.com/mods/ofp/MCM-SLX.rar

http://njmatrix.com/mods/ofp/MCM-SLX_Readme.pdf

http://njmatrix.com/mods/ofp/MCM-SLXv1.01patch.rar

http://njmatrix.com/mods/ofp/MCM-SLXv1.0fullinstall.exe

MCM 1.1

http://njmatrix.com/mods/ofp/MCM-SLXv1.1.7z

Read ME PDF

http://njmatrix.com/mods/ofp/MCM-SLX_Readme.pdf

Hey, how can we change the models of the campaign, the rebels to the russian rebels

Anyhow cool mod

Hi,

What is the difference between the ZIP file and the fullinstaller.exe? Also, will this mod work with V1.0?

This is totally new version you don't need 1.0 why would you anyway ?.

hi everyone,

i've just tried this new version, but got some problems here..

1. the main menu background animation (what is it called?) is only the sea (like missing island on a custom backgorund anim)

is it normal?

2. after finishing any mission (just tried cleansweep and ground attack), my screen goes black with "mission completed" title left at the center of the screen. I can hear the "click" sound of the main menu items when i move out my mouse...because of this, i cant play it anymore and would have to exit ofp with alt+f4 huh.gif

any help for me? help.gif

thx

My OFP is v1.0, universal..

hi everyone,

i've just tried this new version, but got some problems here..

1. the main menu background animation (what is it called?) is only the sea (like missing island on a custom backgorund anim)

is it normal?

2. after finishing any mission (just tried cleansweep and ground attack), my screen goes black with "mission completed" title left at the center of the screen. I can hear the "click" sound of the main menu items when i move out my mouse...because of this, i cant play it anymore and would have to exit ofp with alt+f4 huh.gif

any help for me? help.gif

thx

Fixed

i've replaced the anims.pbo on the mcm's dta folder.

Quote[/b] ]My OFP is v1.0, universal..

This mod won't work on OFP 1.0. It requires 1.96. No new mods will really work on 1.0.

Hey guys,

Is it me or does anyone else notice that you can't use the "man" (Boonie, Cap, Beret)? I only tried the desert marines so far but this needs to get fixed.

Thanks

Aye, tried the mod last night and that happened to me with the desert boonie Marine. An error message popped up about a missing p3d.

In addition the whole of the config.cpp (regular and editable) is FUBAR. The text is all muddled up which means I can't use the option part of the config (ie enable SLX grass). Does anybody else get this? Was a different program other than notepad used to do the conifg.cpp?

Otherwise I really like the mod. The options, effects, model replacements and model additions are ace.

Thanks Rooney.

Quote[/b] ]My OFP is v1.0, universal..

This mod won't work on OFP 1.0. It requires 1.96. No new mods will really work on 1.0.

There are mods that will work on 1.0?

Snafu...

Do you have the Arma version maybe?

Big Rooney already stated he was heading to ArmA after releasing 1.1 maybe in a year or so longer hill release another patch but not for a while.

What do you mean by ArmA version?

Sorry, I knew Big Rooney was going to Arma, I confused MCM SLX with the SLX that has been released for Arma.

I haven't seen BR make a post since his farewell. The last version still had one p3d missing for for the AH64. That wasn't bad compared to all he fixed. If the game still plays I wouldn't worry about it, Like Halochief says don't expect a fix anytime soon.

Big Rooney already stated he was heading to ArmA after releasing 1.1 maybe in a year or so longer hill release another patch but not for a while.

I know. I have read the first page where it also says he may still fix the mod up. Otherwise what you are saying is just speculation unless he told you himself.

Hey,

I am sorry to be having my dumb moment but, does anyone know where the option system is? I checked the @MCM file, readme, and the config. Maybe I'm not trying or looking hard enough?

Thanks