Big-Rooney

Modern Combat - SLX Mod version 1.1

I think u should change a few things.

1) off ur m1A1's are not really m1a1s they are m1a2's just different models and textures

2) um when i load as us marine special forces grenadier i got this weird error message i forgot. it was something .pac not found.

3) another thing i've noticed is that the stryker still dosen't have correct sights.

4) the aav7 does not have a desert skin. but i don't think thats a bug.

5) the lav-25's wheels don't turn like the btr-80's (yeah i know it's been like that since the original sef lav but i think someone should really fix it.)

I'm commenting again. This has totally changed the way i play flashppoint. This mod is so awesome. i can now add a 2 enemy soldiers and the ai acts so smart that they can kick my a--.

And the New Sounds are awesome. The whole experience is crazy. it's really cool to see the civilians helping soldiers out when they are in need. and the soldiers actually helping other soldiers. it's crazy.

I also got a crash on the resistance convoy mission upon finishing the intro and once it says "Ten Minutes To Convoy Arrival" and then finishes saying it crashes. I just wanna ble able to play the campaign with the mod but I can't with these problems. Also FFUR-SLX 2007 2.5 has fixed stryker/striker optics. I also think RHS weapons should be used (keep ironsight from orcs) instead of ORCS.

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.5 also for example has Makarov not Tokarev, PG-7VL (not PG-7V) etc.... The suggestions for example that I previously noted such as PG-7VL , Makarov , DshkM optics etc... I hope to see in future updates. . Also in FFUR the resistance camouflage etc... is perfect for woodland unlike the current MCM-SLX one.

how can i call in an airstrike or an artillery strike with the an-rpc thing. whenever u have units @ ur command there is that radio thing on ur back. i want to know how to use it.

Hi all!

Can anybody tell me if the javelin works correctly in version 1.1 ? Or, better, can anybody tell me how to use the javelin ? rofl.gif

Even when I lock the target (T-90, for example), the missile will consistently miss the target and hit the dirt on the target's left (direct attack or top attack makes no difference). Same thing with the friendly AI, their missile always miss their target.

Right now, I am still playing v1.02 but I will upgrade when I have some time. Aside from this small problem, I think it's a great mod, thanks Big-Rooney.

I'm encountering a bug where everyone is speaking Russian. The US soldiers all talk in Russian when there fighting. It's really strange.

Hi just dl this mod and wow vary good work on it biggrin_o.gif Is there any way of makeing the 3rd person view a little closer huh.gif  Its kind of out there a little, if can or if some one knows how to make the 3rd person view a little closer plz do would be lovely wink_o.gif Also this could be an bug when i go pron and get back up its like the unit glitchs and the left leg moves out real fast.

been looking at the config in the bin folder is this where i would enable like the bdus and stuff? This config is editable right? Just would love to have the 3rd person view a little closer. If some one could help me smile_o.gif Also when dragging the dead body of an unit the dead unit glitchs realy bad keeps moveing all over like its telaporting.

Also plz plz tell me why dont the NVG have the option to move down??? When useing the NVG the units dont have them on, the Night Vision is on but the Goggles are not on the face there still up huh.gif Now this is an big bug if so plzzz plzz some one fix this issue. This mod is vary nice in many ways and the night vision goggles that dont fold down or appear on the face is one that is not an nice a nice thing crazy_o.gif

Can some one help me on how to make enable the grass and the BDUs how would i do this?

This version is a bit bug ridden , but hopefully future patches will solve the realism and bug issues.

@1in1class:I believe to enable BDU you have to obtain a BDU config from Big Rooney.

Here's something I've run into that might be a bug:

When I try to place a USMC Officer (Desert) in a map, I get the following message - "error loading mcm_us\sol\md\us_officer.p3d.p3d (Magic)" after hitting 'Preview', and then drop back to the editor. If I hit preview, again, I can get into the map but am immobile, with no model present.

If this is something I can fix, let me know how - thanks!

Yes this mod does have some bugs to it like the night vision goggles they dont fold down on the the units that have them equipment on the head and also that when the NVG are on they dont appear on the face its crazy crazy_o.gif This is on all the units in this mod that Have the NVG on there head. Would be nice if they had the option to fold the goggles down. Also in Big Rooney has not evan made an post about the issues and bugs in this game since the release of this mod crazy_o.gif Iv messenged him and nothing.

Yea this version of MCM seems to be an entirely different mod. Also seems to use FROMZ sound mod from ArmA XD

Wow just noticed this also that the faces are all crazy looking like the BIS ones in game. Like say useing an mod like BOH or LOB or just an addon of some unit the face looks crazy. But the unit the use Face Text look fine crazy_o.gif  Why are the BIS faces on units all crazy and the face text ones are just fine? I like this mod a lot but its got a lot of bugs and issues that need to be fixed. All faces look good on the edit screen but when i put the unit in game the faces of all the units look crazy crazy_o.gif

yep just tryed it out some more its the BIS faces that are messed up, all addon/mods that use custom faces are just fine just the original faces are messed up crazy_o.gif Plz some one fix this issue. Is anybody else had this issue for example UK Force addons Bleeds Uk forces they use original faces and they are all messed up in this mod crazy_o.gif

That is because LLaumax high poly heads replaced regular BIS heads and as a consequence units that use regular head model look strange. That is because the texture for Llaumax head model does not fit for regular head model.

Nothing can be done about it.

That is because LLaumax high poly heads replaced regular BIS heads and as a consequence units that use regular head model look strange. That is because the texture for Llaumax head model does not fit for regular head model.

Nothing can be done about it.

thxs but FFUR i have no problem with this mod with the faces and all huh.gif Why would that be? Also something had to be done right in the FFUR mod because i can use the BIS faces just fine, I use the same units that use regular BIS faces that i do in Modern Combat Mod and in FFUR mod and the faces dont look messed up like they do in Modern Combat Mod.

FFUR does not use the high poly head model unlike the MCM Mod. That is why other addons work fine with it.

a few bugs here and there ? meh - its still an awesome mod and Rooney has spent TONS of time on it - big ups for that.

Still - this mod has everything I have been looking for - and the gameplay is unreal - coupled with Pillums updated Fallujah map - this is heart pounding urban battles - the new SFX are unbelievable and make the game extremely realistic.

Thanks a million Rooney for taking the time to create and post this mod for us.

Cheers,

-Chapman

FFUR does not use the high poly head model unlike the MCM Mod. That is why other addons work fine with it.

All ok thats cool thxs wink_o.gif Iv just read the read me file for the Face Text 2 addon and im trying to get it to work like how you would put it in the int line script. I put in like this (_this select 0) exec "\facestex2\basefaces.sqs" in the int line and i get an error like this local veriable in global space and i cant get it to work sad_o.gif Could you give me an example of how to make it work huh.gif

What unit are you applying FaceTex to?

Thanks for this mod Rooney I really like it so far. I still play OFP now and then and it's nice to have a mod I can fire up and have a good variety of units to play about with.

Im useing UK Desert(ed) troops - BLEED by Blackblood units and Lost Brothers israel units them are the only faces that are messed up and im trying to use the Faces Text for there faces.

FacesTex won't work for them either because they still use the regular BIS head.

Your options are:

- Use these addons with MCM and put up with the 'broken' faces

or

- Replace the BIS heads on these units with the Llaumax ones. For this you will need permission from the authors as well as knowledge on addon making.

Hi, folks - real quick: Are you supposed to run the the batch files on the @mcm-slx directory? e.g. Install_win2k_xp.bat

I'm not sure why they are there, if you're not supposed to use them. If I'm missing something in the docs, let me know. . .

Thanks for the help!