Sign in to follow this  
Kaio23

USS Nimitz (CVN-68)

this is a great addon and once all the bugs are fixed it will be even more great

i got the catapults to work....and the arming menu...but one thing isnt right for me...when im in a heli or even a jet coming into land i got the option 'land on deck 1/2/3/4...just wondering what does it do casue nothing happens

ok, i have a question. In the editor, if you place your character over a building, you will spawn ontop of the building... so why cant you do that with the nimitz. I mean it is a static object, so why not have the same config as a builiding? Just a thought/question... or am i missing something?

ok, i have a question. In the editor, if you place your character over a building, you will spawn ontop of the building...  so why cant you do that with the nimitz.
Quote[/b] ]This setPos [ getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, (getPos this select 2) +X]

Use the above setPos code in an objects init line. Alter the +X to be the height of the carrier's deck. Haven't had the chance to try out the carrier yet.

Could at least test the Nimitz in game. It looks good for a start, even though it's not very defined, it fits in the game. I still fall through the deck several times, mainly at blocks junctions.

Is an interior planned ? Would it be possible to have predefined positions on deck, very much like predefined 'rooms' in buildings ?

Furthermore, would it be possible to modify the editor map icon, so that the elevators can be easily located when placing aircraft ?

Anyway, thanks for sharing !

Malick

Malick, this is very much me releasing something into the public domain for others to work on. I am no add on maker at all. All I did was test and help port some parts of the Nimitz. Everything else was done by USMCRP and Franze when porting this into ArmA. I cannot solve most of the issues that are there, though I can find work arounds to them (In this case, my work around is moving the Nimitz around in the editor until it is stable).

As I understand it, it's going to take an entire re-creation of the MLOD model for the ship to fix the issues. The next time a carrier is going to be released, likely, is going to be when Gnat is going to release his navy. And that's probably going to be a long time with the amount of ships that are going to be in his pack.

Jus so you know it seems... there's a pretty dodgy hole in the deck on the landing strip near the left side elevator..... its pretty frustrating to land safely on the deck and then taxi the plane halfway trhought the carrier deck... But must say is a jolly spiffing laugh. Can be a bit frustrating getting the cat to work but.. still great stuff.... id say the next major thing to add would be the meatball...... Great start guys dont give up... Hopefully we'll get some Tomcats and hawkeye's.....

I'm a carpenter. If I had a house with a floor that had some sizable holes in it, I would glue and nail a layer of plywood subfloor over it. Covering the holes and providing a level surface.

Would it be possible to put another layer of modeling on top of the flight deck with the correct whatever? This would at least keep objects from falling through.

I have loaded this into the adddons folder and I cannot get it show up in the editor.

I have also added as a mod and launched witht he @ method to no avail either.

Is it that I am running 1.14 w/ the QG expansion?

From memory its under - US navy and not ships etc in the editor.

Southy

I meant to mention that in my post that it doesn't show up under Hawks OR US Navy. It doesn't show up at all sad_o.gif

I have loaded this into the adddons folder and I cannot get it show up in the editor.

I have also added as a mod and launched witht he @ method to no avail either.

Is it that I am running 1.14 w/ the QG expansion?

No. None of this matters. All you need in do is put it in any mod folder's AddOns folder.

I'd say what's ailing you is that your searching for it in BLUFOR. It's under Empty-> US_Navy. If you can't find it there, you may have a bad DL. I run v1.14 with QG and it's always been there.

Good luck. thumbs-up.gif

Just wanted to mention this addon looks for something named "nimitz"... if you name a non-AI object "nimitz" it will cause spawn error message. If you name an AI object "nimitz" it will use its group to spawn some AA guns... which don't spawn because they're not in the config. So either way...  tounge2.gif Still, the boat is awesome!

Once I loaded a mission to edit (ie Evolution) it showed up. Still don't understand why it's now there when I first open the editor lol!

Do you have a player(BLUFOR, OPFOR, Independent) down before you try to put down the nimitz? Empty won't show up unless a player is on the map.

Place a plane over the deck and then type into its INIT field

Quote[/b] ]this setPos [getPos this select 0,getPos this select 1,19]

Shuffle the planes until they look good and dont fall off wink_o.gif

Gnat @ Nov. 06 2008,14:31)]Place a plane over the deck and then type into its INIT field
Quote[/b] ]this setPos [getPos this select 0,getPos this select 1,19]

Shuffle the planes until they look good and dont fall off wink_o.gif

thats exactly i was trying to bypass by asking for a template   i am plain lazy  tounge2.gif

maybe somebody knows a mission that has the nimitz fully loaded in it ?

Is there a way to prevent the Harrier's gear from automatically retracting when trying to land on the Nimitz? I'm not interested in using the arrestor hook or catapult scripts, I just need to do STOVL for a campaign I'm working on.

Is there a way to prevent the Harrier's gear from automatically retracting when trying to land on the Nimitz?

In a trigger put

Quote[/b] ]dummy = [Plane1,Carrier1] execVM "UGearD.sqf"

or in the INIT of the plane put

Quote[/b] ]dummy = [this,Carrier1] execVM "UGearD.sqf"

"Carrier1" is obviously the name of the Nimitz, "Plane1" the AV8

Then put this script in your mission folder.

UGearD.sqf

Quote[/b] ]//----------------------------------------

//script by Gnat

//----------------------------------------

private ["_plane","_carrier"];

_plane = _this select 0;

_carrier = _this select 1;

while {(alive _plane)} do

{

if ((_plane distance _carrier) < 145) then

{

(driver _plane) action ["LandGear", _plane];

sleep 0.15;

}

else

{

sleep 0.15;

};

};

Tested, seems to work fine.

much obliged, Gnat. you just saved my campaign concept. thanks.

Spent the last 3 days playing around with the carrier. Great fun! Got a couple of frigates sitting near and it looks sweet!

Is there anyway to make the catapults easier to locate? Only managed to get on the catapult once!

Suggestion: Need to get some lights on there for night missions.

Also, very strange thing, if I set the time to earlier than 5.30, heli's and tomcats blow up on the deck as I approach to land! Very odd!

Apart from that, fantastic mod. Cant wait for beta 2!