Sign in to follow this  
ANTH

Arma has it lost or gained?

Why is this thread still open? Apart from the fact that it has turned into yet another pointless complaint party, I doubt even the original topic was legitimate. It's pretty obvious that the OT had already answered the original question for himself and was just looking to start a discussion about how BI has allegedly been ignoring the PvP community..

It was legitimate topic that was started but obviously it pointed towards one thing. I knew the answer but I wanted to see the answers of others mainly co-op players as there's not many pvp players left in the game let alone on these forums.

As for the rest of your post your totally right and I already have moved from this game I once loved just came back to check the recent patches and post experiences, post suggestions, provide feedback etc.

Now I will leave this thread with my last feedback. My 2 main big ones are :-

Anims are poor still runs like robot on crack (Slow, confused and unresponsive)

Aiming is not up to much scoping very inaccurate. Mainly long distance shooting.

*Overall back to the topic arma has lost what I mean by lost is a lot of players and money the server lists says it all.

I'm sorry MadDogX, I just can't resist m8:

I doubt anyone who anticipates and promotes the feature of an animated pig in ArmA2 fully understands the gameplay issues brought up (over and over and over and...)

tounge2.gif

thumbs-up.gif

I doubt anyone who anticipates and promotes the feature of an animated pig in ArmA2 fully understands the gameplay issues brought up (over and over and over and...)

I, on the other hand, don't believe that someone who sums up the new features of ArmA 2 as "5 new flies flying around the forest", deserves to be taken seriously in any way. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm not here to argue with you, and I'm certainly not going to be flamebaited by such obvious remarks. Taking my comments out of context doesn't make your point any more valid. It just makes you look foolish.

Maddog

Anyone who has bought a copy of ArmA is more than entitled to post whatever comment he or she feels about the game.. This is a public forum and as long as you stay within the forum rules, you can post what you want..

And remember, just because you dont agree with someone elses point of view, doesnt mean its bollocks. I have seen far more 'reasoned' arguments from people with legitimate concerns about ArmA and its development than I have seen from people defending it.

whistle.gif

#C

I have made it clear that I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone has the right to like or not to like anything they want, and everyone has the right to voice that opinion in a public forum. My only gripe is with people who are unable to do this in a civilized manner. Pointing fingers, making false claims, distorting facts and blatantly provoking others is not a way to voice an opinion.

If some people think ArmA is not suitable for PvP - fine. I actually agree. Some people aren't looking forward to ArmA2 - their choice. No objection from me. Some people think OFP2 will be the dog's balls - possible, I neither know nor care.

But those aren't the statements I consider to be bollocks.

People who have a gripe with certain bugs/features, and then have the impertinence to claim they speak for the entire community when they complain ("The community has been let down"... etc.). That's bollocks.

People who state totally unfounded or just plain false claims as fact ("BIS has revealed that no big changes to the game will be done regarding ArmA2"). That's bollocks.

People who blatantly exaggerate their statements just to make a point ("Flashy textures, 5 more flies in the woods, AI's doing handsignals while refusing passing a bridge or sniping you from 500m or 10 more scriptcommands to bug up the missions with is not anything revolutioning compared to ArmA."). That's bollocks.

Sure, there are totally legitimate opinions hidden in those quotes. My problem isn't with the opinions themselves, it's with the way they are voiced. It is completely possible to voice an opinion without totally distorting facts, making false claims and accusations and thus provoking people like myself to respond the way we do.

And, as you say, everyone here is entitled to an opinion. Including me. So I have no problem with calling people out on their b*s* statements when I feel the need to do so.

About time you stopped blaming the PVP community for complaining here. Bis themselves could of put an end to our concerns along time ago. Most PvP complaint was about the Animation/Transitions. Now, If Bis had no intention of fixing this, then at any given time, they could quite easily of addressed the PvP community and told them that there was no intentions of fixing it and that they felt happy with it. We all then could of moved on along time ago. People just don't like been ignored and if you ever did play Ofp, you will remember back then, that Bis normally did speak back to the community and address its concerns.

Thanks MadMatt

Elaborate? I would love bis to do that for me but looking at the arma 2 videos some one has just posted, the question has been answered for me. Not that they will listen Dwarden, Franze, hoz, Kronzky, Major Fubar, OFteam, Placebo, raedor, RalphWiggum, Rhodite, Sniperwolf572, W0lle any chance of some input?

Hey.

Dudester

Enough with the pointless spamming and flaming here. I don't know how many threads you already spammed with your constantly bitching about the oh-so-bad PvP gaming.

This has come to an end now. The animations won't be changed in ArmA, I think that should be clear by now as they haven't been changed in the past 4 huge patches.

Constantly complaining about it doesn't make anything better. And like someone said before: The clumsy animations affects both sides in a PvP game, it's not that one side has a disadvantage.

With the next spamming post you earn box #4, consider yourself warned.

Well long time comming, but thanks for telling me that it will not be fixed. "Better late then never" I say. However, I started to figure it for myself after so much time passed without reply, but I just wanted an answer to a question that so many wanted to know. Sorry I have had to drone on about it for so long, with what you call "Bitching" and "Spamming" before getting an answer. But like I said already, this could of been cleared up along time ago.

BTW, Sorry for discussing my concerns for a game that is fast fading out. Clumsy animations may affect both sides, but thats not the point! The point is, People don't want to play a game that has clumsy animations. Well not PvP gamers.

It wouldn't be a problem if it were just graphical, but when the clumsiness affects the gameplay (for example, players getting shot because the animations cannot be aborted, or because the animations make them halt briefly when switching default stances or the direction of travel), then it's a big problem. I'm hoping that Armed Assault 2 amends this problem, or else I won't be getting Armed Assault 2. It was bad enough in Operation Flashpoint, but Armed Assault actually made the movement worse.

Also, Dudester has a point; saying "both sides are affected, so it's not a problem" is not a valid argument. If the game featured frame rates of no greater than two frames per second, then both sides would indeed be affected equally. But that would obviously not mean that there wasn't a problem!

Quote[/b] ]

Game 2 now Arma 2 was to be the sequel of OFP. ArmA is OFP 1.5.

lmao now that is a good joke

Quote[/b] ]

Game 2 now Arma 2 was to be the sequel of OFP.  ArmA is OFP 1.5.

You dont seem to remember this?

ArmA used to be OFP:E with some VBS stuff thrown in, then BI decided that probably wouldnt really sell much so they reworked it and added some stuff from 'Game2'. (And hey, they didnt have a publisher anyway so they had enough time to add things.)

Maybe they should have left it as it was, expectations wouldnt have been so high and the game could have been tweaked properly. (Actually still a problem in 1.12b, there is quite alot of wasted potential in the unmodded game because alot of default values are crappy. Not really a problem if you want to download 2 or 3 mods and read around a bit but you cant expect everyone to do that.)

Also, if they had left it as it was the transition between ArmA1 and ArmA2 would have been much bigger, now that they have shifted features around the games are getting kinda the same which leads to even more complaining.

ArmA was geared to being a CooP RTS in first Person from the start.

While it does have the ability for massive-scale battles, that sort of gameplay would require an entire mod to be ready upon release:

Full scale campaigns

The point capturing mod for ArmA was good and would be good for competition, but even when playing that, it got kind of thin cuz we all knew we were only using a portion of ArmA had to offer.

If people have to wait for someone to create full scale campaigns, then the coops will dominate ArmA2 as well.

I bought ArmA in hopes of full scale campaigns where no matter what time or what night of the week I joined, there would be people fighting for control of all three islands. Evolution was the domineering force though and, although I enjoy it, I can't take coop night after night. So, I play ArmA online for a while and then take a couple of months away from it.

If I was a modder, I would start working on the campaigns myself, but I do not have that sort of scripting knowledge.

If a good modder would like to comtact me with the concepts I have in mind, shoot me a PM. I wouldn't want to hijack this thread for that.

Another reason I don't play Armed Assault nearly as much as I played Operation Flashpoint is that Armed Assault was nearly totally missing a story. Operation Flashpoint (and Resistance) had unique, original, and immersive stories with plot twists. Armed Assault really didn't have much of a story at all. The Armed Assault campaign felt like a chore, and I kept wondering when the story would get interesting. Then the campaign ended. Where are the memorable characters? Where are the cutscenes?

Quote[/b] ]

It's amazing how stupid some people seem to be in a public forum huh.gif

I guess you don't know about the history of these games. No excuse to post something as stupid as that though.

This thread had turned into the same idiotic crap that other similar threads have turned into. People here can't seem to keep civil. It's like you're blaming other players because of the problems you have with the game.

I vote to lock the thread tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Never the less, the fact remains.

Thanks MadMatt

Elaborate? I would love bis to do that for me but looking at the arma 2 videos some one has just posted, the question has been answered for me. Not that they will listen Dwarden, Franze, hoz, Kronzky, Major Fubar, OFteam, Placebo, raedor, RalphWiggum, Rhodite, Sniperwolf572, W0lle any chance of some input?

Hey.

The animations won't be changed in ArmA, I think that should be clear by now as they haven't been changed in the past 4 huge patches.

Thats all that was needed from the beginning stops the complaints and nips them in the bud before they explode thankyou for the reply and it proves a mod can answer your questions/rants what ever you want to call it.

*offtopic

have a look at Stalker clear skys thread on our site if you liked stalker you will love the video to the 2nd one very impressive. VIDEO LINK

ARMA HAS GAINED A LOT IN THE LATEST PATCHES.

performance enhancements, stability, voip, and cheat protection are huge additions that make the game much more enjoyable to play.

however.

the current animations will always keep potentially half of this community away from an otherwise excellent game.

I dont ever recall this community complaining that the animations were too fast in OFP. Why did they see fit to change the player movement so much.

If its not broken, DONT FIX IT!

I will continue to play ArmA any way I can, but I know it just wont ever be as popular as OFP, and neither will ArmA2. sad_o.gif

I think they are catering heavily to their military customers who are striving for a training program rather than a game.

They are cheating themselves making one product for two different customers.

Wake up BIS, and capture what made OFP so fun to play, or the success of ArmA2 and the future of BIS will be in doubt .

ps, I will still buy it wink_o.gif lol

-Ziggy- @ April 23 2008,04:32)]I think they are catering heavily to their military customers who are striving for a training program rather than a game.

They are cheating themselves making one product for two different customers.

Yay, lets post more baseless speculation about the business model of BI...

Go read some of the 50 million other posts explaining this situation, then realise that what you're whining about simply inst true...

Well Iconsider myself to be the Average Gamer.

I play lots of games, BF, BF2, BF2142,NavyField, Ultima Online the list goes on.

ArmA was Great but with all the confusion with patches, I wont buy MODs for games so QG is out and with so many free mods that you need thias you need that, and the fact that I wont install betas has me not played for months, even tho I still want to be playing Multi its just all too hard.

WOW WHAT A BUZZ.

Not too long ago I warned you not to spam the forums, no?

Now you're at it again, writing in all capital letters too.

+1 WL for ignoring me and constantly spamming the forums with your crap.

Quote[/b] ]They are cheating themselves making one product for two different customers.

BIS is developing ArmA/ArmA2, BIA develops VBS2. Two different companies for two different markets. Which part of that you and many others refuse to understand?

And before this gets even more out of hand:

closed.gif