Sign in to follow this  
ANTH

Arma has it lost or gained?

1.12 is almost OFP 1.9x level. Yet before it was lacking in many areas.

FPS, mouse lag, mouse movement not precise, death anims, game

destroying cheats, overall amount of bugs.

1.12 infantry anims are better, yet still buggy in some parts.

Overall the anim system is sluggish, not flexible and visual wise

for some parts good, yet for some very outdated and not good looking.

Can someone enlighten me why some of you feels that ArmA is such a "disaster" when it comes to PvP? I play co-op's as well as PvP and don't really understand what the fuzz is all about?

Sure PvP it's not as fast paced like CS/CoD4 but it was never meant to be (and it's equally "slow" for both sides)!

/KC

A while ago there was a lot of issues with regards to animations and stuff and the PvP players felt that it was too difficult to negotiate simple actions. I can see the frustration if the majority of the time you die because you're in the middle of an uninterruptable animation sequence. Personally, I think that the frustration chalks up in part to poor planning and execution on the part of the player, but there is little reason for some of the very elaborate actions that the characters go through, or the clunkiness of some of the controls, like changing stance while running causes the player to stop, change stances, and then continue and a jogging pace.

Regardless of how ArmA plays, as for changes towards OFP and it will make towards ArmA2, it's still a matter of taste.

I for one love playing ArmA, because it's something I completely live in and enjoy to the fullest, which I'm sure is how most people enjoy it as.

Most people from ArmA were hardcore OFPers as well, and this community likes coops, at least, most do. Most of the people who go to these forums are mature and would prefer a coop over some silly (T)DM any day.

If you don't like the game, then I'm sorry, it's your taste, go play something else.

Yours,

Sorry Viper23rd but useless crap like what you have posted here really irritates me! most people don't just like co-ops. There are many other games that involve team play.

You obviously know nothing about the past community to even write this s**t lets list to name a few of the big games that used to be played every single day of every hour.

co-op

ctf

c&h

cti

rts

dm

Most of the hardcore players did not even get involved in this forum because most people don't even bother. Why should they with one way comments like yours. There's many people on this forum like you that think about nothing else but co-op and screw the rest it bugs the life out of me.

It may look like most people like co-op to you if you look at the server list lately but that's because 95% of the pvps hate what bis have done to arma...

End of the day to put my point across of this type of thread I see time and time again on this forum, is that the game was not just about co-op it never was.

Hey Anth

I remember you from the Ofp days and great days they were to M8. I really wouldn't waste your time posting here, believe me, its pointless. Your only going to attract idiots telling you to find another game and move on.

Most PvP have gone already m8, thats a huge amount for Bis to lose, but they dont seem to care? Most PvP already voiced there concerns here early on about the changes, but sadly its fallen on deaf ears. Seems anyone who mentions PVP now, gets told to move on lol.

I saw the PvP dying out each week and tried to do something about it straight away. My efforts were laughed at, but whos laffing now? 3 or 4 CTF servers, now that is a joke.

MadMatt can you resist in answering this one?

Also, topics seem to be around for days here, Is nobody answering them? If this was in Ofp days, It would be answered quick and in full by now.

What do you mean by answered?

And what evidence of caring do you need from BI? It might help the clarity of your point if you quantify what BI has done to abandon the PvP community... like, in what way has BI singled them out and failed to meet their minimum expectations?

And what evidence of caring do you need from BI?  It might help the clarity of your point if you quantify what BI has done to abandon the PvP community... like, in what way has BI singled them out and failed to meet their minimum expectations?

Do you want me to list all the PvP that have left? or just the clans? I am not bothered anymore. I moved on, like you told me to do, but i also live in hope. Maybe Anth can elaborate.

And what evidence of caring do you need from BI? It might help the clarity of your point if you quantify what BI has done to abandon the PvP community... like, in what way has BI singled them out and failed to meet their minimum expectations?

Do you want me to list all the PvP that have left? or just the clans? I am not bothered anymore. I moved on, like you told me to do, but i also live in hope. Maybe Anth can elaborate.

Nope, none of that is even close to what I asked. I asked what BI has done to push away the pvp community, and what reason you have to think BI doesn't care.

And what evidence of caring do you need from BI?  It might help the clarity of your point if you quantify what BI has done to abandon the PvP community... like, in what way has BI singled them out and failed to meet their minimum expectations?

Nope, none of that is even close to what I asked.  I asked what BI has done to push away the pvp community, and what reason you have to think BI doesn't care.

Well, Your in for alot of reading then, but with your amount of replies.... I'm shocked you didn't come across it already.

You haven't contributed to this thread before this page, have you?

I finished talking its Anths thread.

MadMatt can you resist in answering this one?

I stopped answering you long ago wink_o.gif

I just don't care any more whistle.gif

Elaborate? I would love bis to do that for me but looking at the arma 2 videos some one has just posted, the question has been answered for me. Not that they will listen Dwarden, Franze, hoz, Kronzky, Major Fubar, OFteam, Placebo, raedor, RalphWiggum, Rhodite, Sniperwolf572, W0lle any chance of some input?

Elaborate? I would love bis to do that for me but looking at the arma 2 videos some one has just posted, the question has been answered for me. Not that they will listen Dwarden, Franze, hoz, Kronzky, Major Fubar, OFteam, Placebo, raedor, RalphWiggum, Rhodite, Sniperwolf572, W0lle any chance of some input?

Hey.

There just forurm mods what can they tell you, they just know as much as we do with the exception of placebo maybe.

Oh, so no quantifiable reason, just bitching and noise. Okay then. I was really actually interested in what you had to say but I see now that it's just insubstantial noise.

It has lost more than it will ever gain IMHO and i bet Codemasters have monitored these forums and are picking up on all the negatives that have been done with the game so you can be sure that when OFP2 comes out it will be a hit.

And rember

DON'T BLAME THE PLAYER BLAME THE GAME

So are the BIS devs, what's your point? ArmA 2 and OFP 2 may be direct competitors. ArmA and OFP 2 won't be.

If you want reasons there's thousand of other post on here from day one of release of how arma failed the pvp community.

Anims been the worst case.

If none of them mods can say anything then its a pointless thread really isn't it just like many others on here.

Answers the below post also.

If you want reasons there's thousand of other post on here from day one of release of how arma failed the pvp community.

So if there are thousands of other posts about it(and there are), what on earth is the purpose of this thread?  crazy_o.gif

So if there are thousands of other posts about it(and there are), what on earth is the purpose of this thread? crazy_o.gif

The post was, has arma gained people or lossed people since ofp. Its just turned into a complaint thread from the findings and a hope to an answer.

So are the BIS devs, what's your point?  ArmA 2 and OFP 2 may be direct competitors.  ArmA and OFP 2 won't be.

Well i was under the impression that ARMA was a sequal to OFP but that must have been wrong because it has never lived up to what the other had and still has?

So are the BIS devs, what's your point? ArmA 2 and OFP 2 may be direct competitors. ArmA and OFP 2 won't be.

Well i was under the impression that ARMA was a sequal to OFP but that must have been wrong because it has never lived up to what the other had and still has?

Game 2 now Arma 2 was to be the sequel of OFP. ArmA is OFP 1.5.

Your entitled to your opinion of curse but I 100% disagree with you, for me personally ArmA is way ahead OFP!

Lets see... JIP, streaming terrain, TIR support, increased VD, much better graphics on the whole, non deaf AI (moot point here, I know), more flexible key setup, leaning, and so on (I do miss the higher terrain mesh tho)... And especially JIP must benefit PvP type of games more than co-op's.

By the way: I'm not here to pick a fight, I'm trying to better understand what some of you guys are looking for when it comes to PvP.

I can understand the wildly cheating issue on unmanaged public servers and I can somewhat understand the animation issue (but my view of it is that it's "equally slow" for all players) and as Q said it's improved in 1.12 Beta. Personally I never experienced any mouse or aiming issues but if that was/is common I can understand that as well.

It seems like some of you are looking for the same fast paced run-and-gun action other "small scale" shooters are providing in short DM/TDM/CTF matches, is that correct?

Edit: Damn typos wink_o.gif

/KC

I really wanted to ignore this thread until it gets locked, but it's getting kinda hard.

Why is this thread still open? Apart from the fact that it has turned into yet another pointless complaint party, I doubt even the original topic was legitimate. It's pretty obvious that the OT had already answered the original question for himself and was just looking to start a discussion about how BI has allegedly been ignoring the PvP community.

While I absolutely respect the opinion that PvP has suffered (believe me, I have my own problems with the animations and some other features/bugs) I really don't think this topic is getting anyone anywhere. Every single legitimate point here has been raised countless times before. The fact that BI doesn't respond to every single complaint or push out a high priority hotfix just to satisfy your every demand, doesn't mean they are ignoring the community. As for the rest of the useless rants from people who left ArmA long ago, are waiting for OFP 2 and think ArmA 2 will be totally crap... please do the rest of us a favor and move on. I know, you've heard that sentense before. Wondering why? Because this is the ArmA forum - a place where ArmA players, people who actually enjoy playing ArmA, come to talk about their experiences, post suggestions, provide feedback etc.

Just to make this clear, I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. But repeating the same bollocks over and over again, doesn't change the fact that it is total bollocks.