Sign in to follow this  
.kju

A.C.E CWC Island Pack - beta-1 release

@koronzon2 re: pixel shader flag.vonid error...

I found that error sometimes with other addons too, and moving the 'beta' word around to a different position in the

-mod= list stopped the error.

I think 'beta' needs to follow many other addons/mods in the list.

@the F/Q : I also noticed while experimenting with Visitor3 that on the islands I made any grass clutter worked for 1.08, but using the beta 1.09 (maybe same for later ver?) stopped the grass clutter working...

Perhaps the same could be true for your islands?

I have no idea WHY the grass didn't work for the beta, unless it's cos the exe is in a different folder, perhaps the full patch will make the grass work again later.

Beta 2 is out.

See first post for changelog.

GREAAT!!! I've been expecting for OFP islands looooong time. Now, you're very very close to finish your work. This Beta2 is great!!! Can't wait to see a final version or a release candidate!!! biggrin_o.gif

At first sight, the only thing left to do is satellite and layer masks... the hardest job comes now... :O

! (mmhh... Kolgujev should not be north of Everon??? For those of us who have played CWC campaign, strategically Everon should be between Malden and Kolgujev, and if Kolgujev is so cold and is all full of snow, should be the norther island. If you could shift Everon's with Kolgujev's position, OFP World would be perfect then)

I am sorry i can't help you with any constructive information, because Islands/Maps making is not my cup of tea, but i want to thank you for your efforts to bring old OFP islands into ArmA.

I am so looking forward to see the Nogova finished.

Thank you, and please, don't be angry for this otherwise useless post.

brilliant update guys  smile_o.gif , i haven't run around all the islands in depth yet but so far all is looking good, i have noticed that no ladders seem to be working on objects though, but a small bug like that can't spoil this for me  thumbs-up.gif

Is there really not one bit of grass on any of that islands?

I checked the complete "OFP-World", but there is no grass. huh.gif

Is there really not one bit of grass on any of that islands?

I checked the complete "OFP-World", but there is no grass. huh.gif

you can have clutter, like grass, if you use the ArmA textures.

you can have clutter, like grass, if you use the ArmA textures.

Thank`s, will check that out. smile_o.gif

It`s the "ace_island_select_texture.hpp" in the data folder, that can be opened with any text editor.

Hi i tested island some and flying around so far in aircraft and chopper and i noticed that nogova island is missing desert texture in the south east side where the big airfield is and all islands miss the sand beach texture, atm its only grass grass grass texture everywhere except for kolgujev wich has snow and thats pretty cool with snow kolgujev.

anyways hope you guys can fix the islands up so they have deseet / sandy beach textures cause it really looks a bit boring with only grass texture everywhere. Can't wait for more updates on this great island pack. I love the Ofp world islands that has all the old ofp islands in one load. Now if i just could get some more time togheter to work on a mission or two or a coop mission series i would be more happy. biggrin_o.gif

Imagine a Three part CTI on this map...

BlueFor

OpFor

Res

BlueFor and OpFor has to build bases and conqour towns

res allready has the towns but need to keep em..

That would be awsome

yeah man that would be cool or a pvp version of evo sort of the same thing almost when i think of it. A big project biggrin_o.gif

Im also thinking of the biggest fatest coop mission ever..

fighting your way with some friends and other dudes through all the islands. smile_o.gif

yeah man that would be cool or a pvp version of evo sort of the same thing almost when i think of it. A big project  biggrin_o.gif

Im also thinking of the biggest fatest coop mission ever..

fighting your way with some friends and other dudes through all the islands.  smile_o.gif

OMG yes! Do it!

that would be incredible! 4 islands to conquer!

Would take days to finish from start to finish!!!

mm would take me a while, maybe in a month or two i might have it done  tounge2.gif

Hoorah!

Something to look forward to! yay.gif

My favourite texture choice: Wood01 for Everon and Kolgujev, Grass05 for Malden and Steppe01 for Nogova.

Some things can be improved like at little island NW of Malden change this street texture into small runway texture. Lets see if there will be a "most-wanted since OFP" list. smile_o.gif

Getting better with each release, Q and the-f have done a great job so far. As you can image converting/porting over this stuff isn't an easy task.

I have started playing around with the evo version but i get some strange error i think i need a dedi server or something cause it says that town is clear when i enter it but there is still enemies in the town even though they remove their weapons crazy_o.gif

I have started playing around with the evo version but i get some strange error i think i need a dedi server or something cause it says that town is clear when i enter it but there is still enemies in the town even though they remove their weapons  crazy_o.gif

Noooooo! crazy_o.gif

Just a thought, not sure if it works with ArmA, but in OFP you could run two instances on one machine.

Try running a server and the client, it'll run slow but should run at least.. huh.gif