Sign in to follow this  
william1

Flares countermeasure system standalone addon

Hi , Franze kindly has given me permission to release a standalone addon that enables Flare countermeasures to all choppers and planes in the game.( all BIS choppers/planes - except Camels and DC3- and custom addons XEH compatibles, remember , if you are not XEH compatible, you are toasted, that's the motto).

the flare system is extracted directly from Franze's great F-18 planes so it's all Franze's work.

Extended eventhandlers by Solus and Killswitch is needed.

installation: put Flares.pbo in the mod/addons folder of your choice.

put Flares_config.HPP in the DTA folder of your Arma directory.

credits : all credit goes to Franze , thanks again

smile_o.gif

update 18-04-08

new version 1.21 out:

new version 1.21 uploaded , this version takes in count when the plane/chopper is attacked with RPG's or M136 so is compatible with new ZGuba's compact fix

only enabled flares for BIS planes/choppers with the possibility of

adding the flare system to other 3rd parties addons by editing the HPP file

added a HPP file so you can add any new plane/chopper you want

download link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/111445583/Flares_1.21_signed.rar.html

Mirror by Armaholic.com:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3041

Mirror by Combat-Prison.de

Flares countermeasure system standalone v1.2.1 signed

Mirror by ArmedAssault.info :

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=432

please all people who downloaded before this response was posted download it again , corrected a little bug in one of the sounds paths , sorry the inconveniencies , all working now

Sounds great, now does it really attract missiles or is it more of a visual effect!?

it indeed attracts and deflects missiles smile_o.gif

Yes, just tried it, now thats really great!

Fits perfectly together with my SAM addon biggrin_o.gif

does it automatically dispense flares or do you have to dispense them manually?

thanks Foxhound, added to first post . smile_o.gif

@plaintiff1 , yeah , they work automatically , just like in the F-18

nice addon, but the script is not working with ECS mod huh.gif

i tested and it works with ECS too wink_o.gif

hmm...i dont get it.

I disabled ECS Mod ---> Flares are working fine. smile_o.gif

I enabled ECS Mod ---> Flares are not working. sad_o.gif

I dont use any other mod, just ECS.

Use modified XEH compatible ECS_Core, shown in ECS thread smile_o.gif

Question: could there be an .hpp file where player can modify array containing aircraft classes that shouldn't have flares?

Question: could there be an .hpp file where player can modify array containing aircraft classes that shouldn't have flares?

you can do it including the aircraft classes you don't want to enable flares in the exclude classes of the Flares.pbo config , like this :

class WLM_exclusion_heli {

exclude[]={"my chopper", "my chopper2", "etc"};

class WLM_exclusion_plane {

exclude[]={"Camel", "Camel2", "DC3", "my plane", "etc" };

wink_o.gif

Use modified XEH compatible ECS_Core, shown in ECS thread

Don't do this, use the latest version of ECS together with Themis instead. Download link

Themis was specially created for making ECS compatible with any addon that uses XEH.

We (The ECS Team) wish that sickboy would have never touched our Mod and play havoc with it.

The problem is that the modified ECS_Core is messing up the game for all clients that use ECS in multiplayer.

A while ago when there was only download links available without an official announcement, the ECS Mod was incompatible with XEH, or any other custom EH addons smile_o.gif

This resulted in many ppl wanting solutions as they wanted best of both worlds.

I only jumped in with supplying the means, the ppl did the rest.

I am sorry for the result, however this was never intended and the only intention ever was to serve the Community.

I would appreciate to be excluded from these kinds of posts smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]A while ago when there was only download links available without an official announcement, the ECS Mod was incompatible with XEH, or any other custom EH addons

Have to say that this is very true, when ECS thread surfaced it was 3rd party of a 3rd party type of sideways post about "anyone tried this?" and the info was so sketchy that indeed Sickboy came in simply off the back of "well, know nothing about it but I can get it to work over here for now" type of thing ... that was all really. The rest blew up from that.

Anyway ... on topic ... love to see more stand-a-lones ... great stuff.

Guest RKSL-Rock

you can do it including the aircraft classes you don't want to enable flares in the exclude classes of the Flares.pbo config , like this :

class WLM_exclusion_heli {

exclude[]={"my chopper", "my chopper2", "etc"};

class WLM_exclusion_plane {

exclude[]={"Camel", "Camel2", "DC3", "my plane", "etc" };

wink_o.gif

So we have to edit the flares.pbo file?  If that is the case then its going to cause no end of problems with other addons and MP games... sad_o.gif Ive just tried excluding one of my UAVs and it doesnt work...perhaps a more complete explantion would help.

@plaintiff1 , yeah , they work automatically , just like in the F-18

So basically they are the same thing as decreasing the accuracy of the ground to air missiles except in the case of the prop planes. I think I'll pass. This is not to say that I don't think that this addon is an achievement, but it isn't really my taste.

So we have to edit the flares.pbo file? If that is the case then its going to cause no end of problems with other addons and MP games... sad_o.gif Ive just tried excluding one of my UAVs and it doesnt work...perhaps a more complete explantion would help.

Ok , new version 1.1 out that will fix that MP problem , check first post.I also included a more detailed "how to" inside the rar file

sorry @Stavanger , by five minutes tounge2.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

William I appreciate the effort you put into this but to be honest, I don’t think this is anything close to an ideal solution.

Considering the number of aircraft I have in my addons folder and considering that some already have Countermeasures or some should not have countermeasures I’m going to spend more time adding exclusions than playing....

You would have been better naming the proper class names and having everything else excluded by default. There is just too much scope for exploits and clashes with it set up as it is.

If you exclude everything by default then you will have far less exploits and compatibility issues.

Quote[/b] ]Considering the number of aircraft I have in my addons folder and considering that some already have Countermeasures or some should not have countermeasures I’m going to spend more time adding exclusions than playing....

i think you are exaggerating a little.. crazy_o.gif excluding units is very simple , and you can exclude by groups , putting the classname of the unit from wich the rest of the units inherit

Quote[/b] ]You would have been better naming the proper class names and having everything else excluded by default. There is just too much scope for exploits and clashes with it set up as it is.

that may be your particular case but not the major part of the community, apart from BIS chopper/planes , there are really few XEH compatible addons in wich the flares system works

anyway is impossible to satisfy all people so i have to think in wich is the best for the majority , regards smile_o.gif