Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ArmA 1.12 Linux Dedicated Server Public Beta

Anyone has problem with VonID not showing ingame ?

Quote[/b] ]Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'.

Anyone has problem with VonID not showing ingame ?
Quote[/b] ]Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'.

This error occurs if you try to run the 1.12 server without loading the "beta" mod folder. If you're using the shell script armaserver that comes with the ArmA Linux server archive, you'll have to edit the line that launches the server and add a -mod parameter:

Quote[/b] ]

[... stuff ...]

watchdog)

# this is a background watchdog process. Do not start directly

while [ -f ${RUNFILE} ]; do

# launch the server...

cd ${ARMA_DIR}

echo >>${LOGFILE} "WATCHDOG ($$): [$(date)] Starting server (port ${PORT})..."

${SERVER} >>${LOGFILE} 2>&1 -server -config=${CONFIG} -port=${PORT} -pid=${PIDFILE} <span style='color:green'>-mod='beta;dbe1'</span>

if [ -f ${RUNFILE} ]; then

echo >>${LOGFILE} "WATCHDOG ($$): [$(date)] Server died, waiting to restart..."

sleep 5s

else

echo >>${LOGFILE} "WATCHDOG ($$): [$(date)] Server shutdown intentional, watchdog terminating"

fi

done

;;

[ ... rest of the file ...]

Note how I enclosed the -mod parameters in quotes. This is needed if you want to load more than one mod folder in order to "protect" the semicolon from the shell script parser.

Quote[/b] ]Thank you for this patch.

I just applied it on my root server.

I copied the ArmA files from my windows xp installation, including the 1.12 win beta files (addons and dta). Then applied the 1.12 Linux beta patch.

The server seems to start without any troubles.

However, as soon as i connect and start a map the server fps drops to about 2 fps. help.gif

I can explore the map without any desync, but the ai doesn't react on my presence.

Loading large maps is impossible at all.

I didn't have any problems with 1.08 linux beta, except the script triggering issue on map start.

CPU: AMD Athlonâ„¢ X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350

Mem: 3GB

Debian Etch

server log

Exactly the same.

Server drop to 3FPS, and no AI reaction sad_o.gif

Debian etch

Core2Duo E6550 2x2.33GHz

4 Gb RAM

100 Mbps

does anyone have an actual working 1.12 linux server up and running?

I have gone thru the forums and found each and every problem i have had and used the info to fix them, except now the maps don't load. I get to to select a slot, click ok, and wait forever for something to happen, the little radar thingy spins and spins, but loading bar never moves.

I check the log and find a huge list of errors related to the map, the problem is, it is every map, basic bi maps as well as user made. I end up having to shutdown server because while it is doing whatever it is doing it disappears from mp server list.

Can anyone give me a hand?

Quote[/b] ]Exactly the same.

Debian etch

Core2Duo E6550 2x2.33GHz

4 Gb RAM

100 Mbps

Ok, just to add some stuff.

Server is starting correctly.

Then i connect to play, and while loading any map, server drop to 3FPS and stay at 3FPS even if i go back to missions choice. Memory load is not incredible, just ~80 Mo.

But, if i look my CPU load on server, i see it climbs more and more, then reach 100% even if server is empty crazy_o.gif

And still no AI managed by server reaction, but my local ai group work correctly.

Plz BI, help us smile_o.gif

I try since 60 minutes to connect to my linux server... 5 teammates are already connected... with problems, but they are playing... i made several pc and router restarts... the server is running in persistent mode since 2 weeks... i guess thats the problem?! I always hanging between MP setup and briefing... crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Exactly the same.

Debian etch

Core2Duo E6550 2x2.33GHz

4 Gb RAM

100 Mbps

Ok, just to add some stuff.

Server is starting correctly.

Then i connect to play, and while loading any map, server drop to 3FPS and stay at 3FPS even if i go back to missions choice. Memory load is not incredible, just ~80 Mo.

But, if i look my CPU load on server, i see it climbs more and more, then reach 100% even if server is empty crazy_o.gif

And still no AI managed by server reaction, but my local ai group work correctly.

Plz BI, help us smile_o.gif

Is it a 64-bit or 32-bit Debian?

Have you run the tolower command?

What mod folders, if any, are loaded on the server?

What mod folders, if any, do you use when connecting to the server?

What mission exhibits this performance drop problem?

Please provide a pastebin link (or equivalent) showing the contents of the server log file (eg "log.2302.txt") from the time the server was started until you log on, load the mission and experience the drop to 3fps. If you feel paranoid, you can "filter out" the player id's from the log file using sed. Example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">sed -e 's/id=[[:digit:]]*/id=xxxx/' log.2302.txt >pastebin_log.txt

Is it a 64-bit or 32-bit Debian?

Don' know what SoldierIsNotHistory did, but for my server i can answer the questions as follows:

(1) 32 bit Debian Etch

(2) yes, compiled and run using the install script included with the patch

(2) no mod file besides the 1.12 beta mod

(3) @AACFSound and @ArmAEffects, but tried it without any mods too (didn't install queens gambit either on client nor server)

(4) seems to affect all missions (e.g. 'Armored Fist' 'Cleansweep' 'Evolution' )

log file

There is no 'connect' from yourself in the log. What's your ArmA.rpt saying?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

1:21:42 Spieler Viper verbindet.

1:21:46 Spieler Viper verbunden (id=xxx).

1:21:55 Admin Viper angemeldet.

Ohm sorry, but for me this looks like you're already connected because you're were able to log in as admin. Or have you startet the mission after you connected and you haven't disconnected for yourself?

If yes, then the strange thing is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Creating debriefing on your PC. Also your left the server 26 seconds after the map has been loaded which is too fast for ping timeout. So your client has a problem and quits from the server after loading the mission.

Never seen that before.

I connected to the server and logged in as admin.

Selected the mission 'Armored Fist', choosed a playerslot and started the map. As soon as the mission briefing is displayed the server fps droped to 2 fps.

The "Creating debriefing" entry was logged, because i ended the mission by disconnecting from server.

There is no connection problem nor some strange behaviour on the client.

Quote[/b] ]Is it a 64-bit or 32-bit Debian?

Debian Etch 32bit.

tolower already ok, and all files in lower char.

On server, to test I only activate "beta" which seems to be the correct way to test beta 1.12 ^^

On client, the same

Every missions has the same problem.

I have no log on my hand atm, but when i took a look on it, i didn't saw anything strange.

It seems that server is not considering paquet from client, and don't move any local soldier, because when a mission is launched, you can travel the map and fire on AI, seems she don't see you and haven't any reaction. And AI don't follow their waypoint, just standing here and wait, etc...

I tried looking through the forum for an answer to this, cause its probably my inexperience with linux:

When running the ./install command i get the error messages below and trying to launch the server after that generates only a lot of error messages and the server then quits. What do i do wrong? Running Ubuntu.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmA Linux Dedicated Server 1.08

Converting ArmA directory:

tolower.c:11:19: fel: stdio.h: Filen eller katalogen finns inte

tolower.c:12:20: fel: stdlib.h: Filen eller katalogen finns inte

tolower.c:13:23: fel: sys/types.h: Filen eller katalogen finns inte

tolower.c:14:22: fel: sys/stat.h: Filen eller katalogen finns inte

tolower.c:15:20: fel: dirent.h: Filen eller katalogen finns inte

tolower.c:16:20: fel: unistd.h: Filen eller katalogen finns inte

tolower.c:17:20: fel: string.h: Filen eller katalogen finns inte

tolower.c:18:19: fel: ctype.h: Filen eller katalogen finns inte

tolower.c: I funktion "convertDirectory":

tolower.c:25: fel: "DIR" är odeklarerad (första förekomsten i denna funktion)

tolower.c:25: fel: (Varje odeklarerad identifierare rapporteras bara en gång

tolower.c:25: fel: för varje funktion den finns i.)

tolower.c:25: fel: "dir" är odeklarerad (första förekomsten i denna funktion)

tolower.c:29: fel: lagringsstorlek på "st" är okänd

tolower.c:34: varning: inkompatibel implicit deklaration av inbyggd funktion "strcpy"

tolower.c:35: varning: inkompatibel implicit deklaration av inbyggd funktion "strlen"

tolower.c:39: varning: tilldelning skapar pekare av heltal utan typkonvertering

tolower.c:40: fel: derefererar pekare till ofullständig typ

tolower.c:41: fel: derefererar pekare till ofullständig typ

tolower.c:42: fel: derefererar pekare till ofullständig typ

tolower.c:43: fel: derefererar pekare till ofullständig typ

tolower.c:46: fel: derefererar pekare till ofullständig typ

tolower.c:58: fel: "S_IWUSR" är odeklarerad (första förekomsten i denna funktion)

tolower.c:68: varning: inkompatibel implicit deklaration av inbyggd funktion "printf"

tolower.c:79: varning: inkompatibel implicit deklaration av inbyggd funktion "printf"

tolower.c: I funktion "main":

tolower.c:93: varning: inkompatibel implicit deklaration av inbyggd funktion "printf"

./install: line 8: ./tolower: Filen eller katalogen finns inte

ArmA server was installed.

Its Swedish and "Filen eller katalogen finns inte" means "File or folder doesnt exist" and "defererar pekare till ofullständig typ" means "deferering pointer to incomplete type"

Thankful for any reply...

Ragnar_Darude, the install script needs to build and run the tolower tool. But the compiler/linker did't find the required header files.

You have to install the missing files and try again.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">sudo apt-get install build-essential

Ragnar_Darude, the install script needs to build and run the tolower tool. But the compiler/linker did't find the required header files.

You have to install the missing files and try again.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">sudo apt-get install build-essential

Thanks alot, got it running now!

I'm trying to recreate the performance problem, but haven't been able so far. However, Pupsnases log excerpts show a difference in the files (addons?) between the server and the client:

From the server log:

Quote[/b] ]Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

From the client arma.rpt

Quote[/b] ]<span style='color:green'>Item STR_LIB_HILUX listed twice</span>

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

<span style='color:green'>Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/</span>

<span style='color:red'>Updating base class DefaultWorld->CAWorld, by ca\desert\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Intro/</span>

Now, during my testing, I get this:

<ul>[*] The the parts in black appear on both client and server, as do the bits marked in <span style='color:green'>green text</span> [*] I don't have the part in <span style='color:red'>red text</span> though.

I haven't been able to identify what addons cause the extra arma.rpt log messages just yet, but the first step is to make sure the client and server has an identical set of files.

Also, make sure there are only BIS-provided files on the client and server.

killswitch, thank you for testing this out.

Quote[/b] ]Updating base class DefaultWorld->CAWorld, by ca\desert\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Intro/

This line is caused by the Schmalfelden, Germany Map.

I installed it on the client for testing purpose and forgot to remove it whistle.gif

I am unable to get 1.12 running on Ubuntu 7.10. 1.08 works fine.

I get a lot of messages like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">21:34:21 Reading mission ...

Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/Actions/CivilStandActions/' is not defined ('turnSpeed' accessed)

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/Actions/CivilStandActions/' is not defined ('upDegree' accessed)

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

I start it with this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">./server112 -cfg=arma.cfg -config=server.cfg -mod=beta 2>&1

I have QG installed on both client and server (server PBOs are copied from client).

Any ideas what may be wrong ?

If someone has 1.12 running on linux with QG please post if you did something special to get it running.

I have QB installed on both client and server (server PBOs are copied from client).

Any ideas what may be wrong ?

If someone has 1.12 running on linux with QB please post if you did something special to get it running.

If "QB" is Queens Gambit ("QG"), then

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">./server112 -cfg=arma.cfg -config=server.cfg -mod='beta;dbe1' 2>&1would do it. ("It" being "get Queens Gambit running" - I don't know what causes the warning messages you mention)

Yes, QG.

Adding dbe1 have same problem. I have tried many different ways to start server, e.g. hiding QG addons.

Killswitch, have you 1.12 running on Linux successfully with QG ?

If someone else has success with 1.12, please post so i know it is possible and i am not wasting my time.

Yes, QG.

Adding dbe1 have same problem. I have tried many different ways to start server, e.g. hiding QG addons.

If someone else has success with 1.12, please post so i know it is possible and i am not wasting my time.

Yes, I have 1.12 + QG here running fine, so don't give up. smile_o.gif

(Distribution used: 32-bit CentOS 5 U1)

Yes, QG.

Yes, I have 1.12 + QG here running fine, so don't give up.  smile_o.gif

(Distribution used: 32-bit CentOS 5 U1)

ok, not much help though smile_o.gif.

I reinstalled ArmA (no QG yet) and installed 1.12 on both client and server.

1.08 is fine, 1.12 on server run but is is very slow (as some above also mentioned, i get 1 FPS and all server AI are frozen).

My guess is 1.12 is broken in some way .. or can BIS ppl confirm that 1.12 works on Ubuntu 7.10 ?

1.08 is fine, 1.12 on server run but is is very slow (as some above also mentioned, i get 1 FPS and all server AI are frozen).

My guess is 1.12 is broken in some way .. or can BIS ppl confirm that 1.12 works on Ubuntu 7.10 ?

We hope the problem is not related to Linux distribution (Ubuntu, ...). We have installed new Linux PC (Fedora) to test the ArmA server on different HW and some of the reported problems (not all) were successfuly reproduced.

The updated version will be hopefully ready today.

We hope the problem is not related to Linux distribution (Ubuntu, ...). We have installed new Linux PC (Fedora) to test the ArmA server on different HW and some of the reported problems (not all) were successfuly reproduced.

The updated version will be hopefully ready today.

sounds good

i am positively surprised i got an answer this quickly from BIS smile_o.gif