Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ArmA 1.12 Linux Dedicated Server Public Beta

New ArmA 1.12 Linux Dedicated Server Public Beta build 5253

It requires all data from 1.12 public beta version (as installed to beta subfolder).

armedassault.com (~4 MB)

WARNING: THIS IS AN INTERIM PUBLIC BETAVERSION. IT'S NOT A FULLY TESTED STABLE RELEASE. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT CONTACT OFFICIAL SUPPORT WITH ANY PROBLEMS USING THIS PATCH BUT USE ONLY STANDARD COMMUNITY CHANNELS TO GIVE US FEEDBACK.

Copyright © 2008 Bohemia Interactive. All rights reserved.

Finally the Linux Beta!

Thx BI!

Server up and running with 1.12 smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Finally hehe. Thank you ^____^

there are no words to describe how i feel now, so you have to do with a simple : THANK YOU BIS!

"Es geschehen noch Zeichen und Wunder."

Testing it right now.

-----

- Getting no message when not having battleeye installed, but needed on the server.

-----

MfG Lee

Thank you yay.gif

Thats what we waited for and for the first 90 minutes it looks quite well for a beta.

At least for the BattleEye problem the workaround was switching it off, thank God, we're not running public ^^

Thank you for this patch.

I just applied it on my root server.

I copied the ArmA files from my windows xp installation, including the 1.12 win beta files (addons and dta). Then applied the 1.12 Linux beta patch.

The server seems to start without any troubles.

However, as soon as i connect and start a map the server fps drops to about 2 fps. help.gif

I can explore the map without any desync, but the ai doesn't react on my presence.

Loading large maps is impossible at all.

I didn't have any problems with 1.08 linux beta, except the script triggering issue on map start.

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350

Mem: 3GB

Debian Etch

server log

Got NAT negotiation failed errors. It worked yesterday.

Today I even managed to run it with battlEye, but after a short while I got the error and it has not been working since then (BattlEye disabled again).

Segfault errors

Weird - it works now, although FPS go to crap

Just have had a little strange behavior with a BRDM, which was hopping along the street with 5 fps, althoug the server said it would be doing 28.

Beaming vehicles are relatively common, but that may not be the linux port's fault.

But I really love what has been done with this beta, also for Vista64 since this now is running better than XP on the client side.

Good to have a recent serverversion for the penguin now!

...aaaaand it's working fine here, so far. smile_o.gif

I can start the server ok, but when I try to join the server and start a game, it does not work. I can join the server and get to the mission setup screen, but when I click continue to go to the briefing screen, the "Wait for host" message appears, then I get an error that says "Session lost". My server is running 32-bit Ubuntu 7.10. Any help to resolve this problem would be appreciated. Please let me know if you need more info.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem, but I'll throw it in here anyway. Due to some network restrictions at my site, I have the two on-board lan ports in my server in bridge mode. One is connected via crossover ethernet cable to my Windows XP client, and the other connects to my router via an ethernet switch. The two ethernet devices are eth0 and eth1, and the bridge device is br0. All other network functions seem to be normal, as far as I can tell.

Thanks BIS, this version looks much better than the old one. For me and my friends it's running fine, no crashes or major issues so far.

I've copied every ArmA file on a device with a vfat filesystem. This solved the filename case problem.

More test will follow, but until now it worked fine.

Edit: If you need symlinks and since vfat doesn't provide them to you, use mount --bind.

Thanks for this release,

alef

Beta beta beta perhaps after all this time releasing a final so we can set things up in a proper way and run the game in a proper way and admin in a proper way huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif

Is this the story of arma linux dedi huh.gif beta beta beta , perhaps gettings some real network programmers in stead of all this Bullshit haha call yourself game developers .

Back to the drawing boards noobies wink_o.gif and give us a final soon as possible . pistols.gif

Ehm apache, wouldnt it be silly to make a final server while the 1.12 patch isnt final yet?

You dont have to install it if you dont like beta, just stick to 1.08 then nener.gif

Anyway, the server made a lot of ppl happy and allmost all big servers switched to 1.12

Good show Apache ...

You dont have to install it if you dont like beta, just stick to 1.08 then nener.gif

1.08 Linux server files are beta too whistle.gif