Sign in to follow this  
Karaya1

Anti-Aircraft BRDM-2 & Stryker

I have made a very quick and dirty BRDM-2 AA conversion based on the normal ATGM one that ships with the game armed with the ingame Strela missiles. I know it's neither very realistic nor a substitute for a real SA-9 "Gaskin" but should be fun to have non the less. And on top of it the AI knows perfectly well how to make use of its new tools wink_o.gif

To complement Blufor with a similar asset I've also added a Stinger equipped Stryker. I wanted to stay somewhat realistic and kept the magazine capacity of 2 missiles on the Stryker.

To make up for this disadvantage when compared to the BRDM-2 AA (5 per mag) I cut down the magazine reload time for the Stryker (12 vs 30).

http://www.filefactory.com/file/79d269/

I recommend using this addon in combination with NonWonderDogs "RocketBallistics"!

PS: I'd like to know if you guys would like the Stryker to retain its 2-missile mag with lower reloadtime or a 4-missile mag (sort of like 2 per tube) but with higher reloadtime...

As a special treat here is a new version which includes (on top of the SAM BRDM & Stryker) a A10 with GBU-12s, a Harrier with Mavericks and a Ka-50 with HEAT rockets instead of the normal frag HE.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/9a043d/

If you're not interested in those, just stick to the addon in my 1st post (Both are identical except for the additional vehicles named here and the addon names)

Hey that's awesome Karaya1! thumbs-up.gif

I've wanted SAMs but haven't had the time/mental capacity to figure out how to use Mando Missiles with the brdm etc.

Can the Ai fire these on their own e.g: Self Firing SAM site?

Hey that's awesome Karaya1! thumbs-up.gif

I've wanted SAMs but haven't had the time/mental capacity to figure out how to use Mando Missiles with the brdm etc.

Sure they can wink_o.gif

Put a BRDM-2 and a couple of helpless UH-60s into the scene and watch the slaughter biggrin_o.gif

this message with the A10-GBU

dibujogk8.jpg

also i think the missiles in the stryker and the bdrm are launched with little intervale between shots ,maybe they should be more time dilated ?

Redownload this package please

SAM Units 1.2

http://www.filefactory.com/file/f0fe77/

Includes both the SAMVehicles standalone, as well as the expanded XtraVehicle addon (which caused the above error message).

Important:

ONLY USE ONE AT A TIME!

That error was caused because of an leftover when I chopped my bigger Vehicle addon that also includes A-10s with GBU-10/16s from the F/A-18 package... must have forgotten to remove the magazines from the launcher's list of usable mags... whistle.gif

About the delay between shots: Thats absolutely no problem, I admit the BRDM-2 is firing like a madman once he has aquired a target pistols.gif

Right now the reloading time for a missile within a magazine is 1 sec...

It's great other then the slight problem that you can't seem to target it. So when I am flying and I am getting AA missiles fired at me and can't shoot back seems a bit unbalanced!

4 missiles each veh and a remodelled turrent and missile boxes would be nice for a future version. In the meantime I can live with the existing Stryker model until the Bradley is done to make the Linebacker

@commiejoe

I think it is balancing to not be able to auto target the AA vehicles in this case. Vet mode where you have to find the target seems fair. But you're right in a way. What would be balancing would be to have countermeasures for the IR locks...like flares. But that's a huge ball of wax started in the other topic.

Only one of them doesn't have lock. The others do. Put more than one of these SAM launchers on the map(even the one with lock) and you will get owned.

Hey ArmaVidz,

It's not hard at all mate. Just open any of Mando's SAM mission inits, description and mission (.sqf and .sqm files) and look at how it's done. It takes about 2 minutes, and they are fully AI workable.

[TAO] Kremator

It's great other then the slight problem that you can't seem to target it. So when I am flying and I am getting AA missiles fired at me and can't shoot back seems a bit unbalanced!

Of course you can target them, just like any other vehicle and they also get labeled "BRDM-2 AA" and "Stryker AA" (with ID Tags on). Just tried that myself flying both the Cobra and the Ka-50 - had no problem locking them up with Hellfires/Vikhrs! smile_o.gif

BTW, I will increase the reloadtime between missiles so the BRDM-2 doesnt ripple fire its whole magazine like it does now. And I will also include ammo carts for both vehicles!

You cant lock 'em if they have engines off -> show white in radar.

Thats right because locking with the TAB key works through IR signatures. No engine --> no heat --> no IR signature

What you can still do is lock them up with a right mouse button click directly on them (works with every other vehicle as well).

Version 1.3 is out now - get it here:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/726ad3/

Version history:

The original version with the BRDM-2 and Stryker. Bonus vehicles in the XtraVehicle version include:

A-10 GBU armed with GBU-12 in place of the AGM-65 Maverick missiles

AV-8B MAV armed with AGM-65 Mavericks in place of the GBU-12 LGBs

Ka-50 HEAT armed with S8T HEAT rockets in place of the regular HE anti-personnel rockets

- reduced magazine reload for the Stryker

- fixed a dead entry in the XtraVehicle.pbo that would create an error message in the editor

- introduced a new BMP-2 AA vehicle with two 5 missile magazines

- increased magazine capacity for the Stryker from 2 to 4 missiles

- increased magazine reload time for the Stryker from 12 to 24 seconds

Are there AA version of BMP2 and Sryker in real life?

I thought the only version were LineBacker (based of a M113), the HUMRAAM (basically Hummer Firing AMRAAM) and the russian GECKO.

There is not Stryker AA in real life. I thought there are only 12 M6 Linebackers based on the Bradley, and there is a BMP version (9K35)

M1097 is the HUMMV version.

But you're right. I thought I saw a mock up of a stryker with 4 stingers

mounted as a future proposed vehicle.