Sign in to follow this  
BlackCatSLO

Exploding TOW missles in mid air

Hy there im tring to make TOW missle explode in mid air, i used that black cube but it doesnt happen any thing..

Any idea?

Tnx for help...

Two questions:

1. Where is your TOW missile orginating: from a launcher fired by a unit or by using createVehicle?

2. Depending on the answer above do you just want it to fly and then explode midair at a certain location or do you just want a middair explosion somewhere?

The questions are important in order to give you the best method accomplishing the exlosion.

Ok the tow missle is launched from Stryker ok the problem is not to get that missle object but to explode it.

Im making fireworks tounge2.gif with 50 strykers and writing script to fire that TOWs in the line... i have only problem that the rockets doesnt want to explode....

Instead of scripting Strykers to launch TOWs why not use createVehicle to create the explosions for you?

Here is some code based on a post by Mandoble here at OFPEC: Mid air explosions. Just replace x,y,z with the coordinates you want for your explosion and then repeat as necessary for as many explosions you want.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_pos = [x,y,z];

_bomb = "Bomb" createVehicle _pos;

_bomb setPos _pos;

_ammo = "M_TOW_AT" createVehicle _pos;

sleep .05;

deleteVehicle _bomb;

What the code does is create a class of static object called "bomb". When this object collides with ordnance it explodes. So this script creates the "bomb" and then the "M_TOW_AT" and uses setPos to make sure they collide. It then deletes the "bomb" after. You can use any type of (explosive) ammo instead of M_TOW_AT.

I hope this helps.

why do you want to explode the TOW?huh.gif? we can't do it in real life?...... would be quite effectve if we could but the TOWIIB detects the target below it then detonates on its own

why do you want to explode the TOW?huh.gif? we can't do it in real life?...... would be quite effectve if we could but the TOWIIB detects the target below it then detonates on its own

Hehe, just for fun...in know the TOW doesnt explode in air like that(i like realism), but its not fun making FIREWORKS?

My recepie for that is:

IDIOTIC IDEA + realistic sounds + targeting script(like for artilery bearing and angle) + TOW exploding script + 52 Strykers or more + 2 rockets in lounch pad equals FUN rofl.gif

the only missing ingredient is TOW exploding script...

i bet you played with alot fo firecrackers as a kid..... smile_o.gif