Sign in to follow this  
L!nk07

L!nkCTI Coming Soon...

My mission is created from scratch. Everything is sqf files and ofp cti simply inspired me to make it. You will see, its guna be great.

Thx for this. Will really help. Wish I had seen this sooner.

L!nk out.

My mission is created from scratch. Everything is sqf files and ofp cti simply inspired me to make it. You will see, its guna be great.

Thx for this. Will really help. Wish I had seen this sooner.

L!nk out.

It sounds really good m8 smile_o.gif

Im sorry, I didnt mean to come across saying anything about your mission, just felt id mention something in regards to the post there, primarily because I have a great respect for Mike Melvins work, and although I can understand the potential frustration in confused information leading to the belief of a soon Arma release of his mission, I still could never do anything but hail his work.

I hope things continue to go well for you in your mission smile_o.gif

Edit/

I agree, Ive heard a number of folks mention that .sqf form is more efficient.

I have to somewhat disagree over all tho.

Considering the mere requirements to run Arma at decent framerates require a comp with ALOT of ram, our greatest load, IMO, is not scripts, it is virtual memory.

Now this is not true if a mission uses 100 scripts plus that are ran mutliple times on fast loops - but most/all missions of large scale are setup to avoid this, and I would imagine any mission that runs such a huge array of scripts multiple times at once, is likely asking for trouble in game, and in Sp missions, the save game bug can be induced from running to many scripts at once (so IVe heard anyhow)

Either way, I know a particular programmer (whom does this sort of stuff for a living tounge2.gif) and his vote on the subject convinced me, yes you can induce lag using .sqs form if you run like 100 scripts at once at fast loops, but normally no, any machine that can run Arma at a reasonable frame rate can handle a large multitude of scripts running at once, regardless of their size, and script form, again, provided there is not a rediculous volume of scripts /loop speeds.

Personally, from my perspective, I have learned to enjoy using the .sqs form, although there are some limitations, the form is nice where in a heavily complex script you can maintain a readable order of block areas that are 'goto'ed', and it has made it much easier for my mission to proceed without having to orchestrate everything in a perfectly 'nested' manner - but everyone has their preferences smile_o.gif

i understand your arguments on .sqs scripts, but if you do programming for a living (like me) then understanding .sqf is easier.

Yes, programming in words is easy but I am use to structure and keeping things organised.

Its also nice to use an editing program that can understand the structures and help me fix it.

L!nk out.

Thats cool, I hear ya on that smile_o.gif

Sorry to have kinda gone off topic anyhow..

Look forward to seeing more updates on your mission, this sounds really good so far smile_o.gif