Sign in to follow this  
L!nk07

L!nkCTI Coming Soon...

this is my server.cfg

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// server.cfg

passwordAdmin = "******"; // password to protect admin access

motd[]= {"Squeeze's Persistent test Arma server.","Hosted by Squeeze.",}; // Welcome message, two lines "," means 'new line'

motdInterval=1; // if motd has multiple lines, how fast to show these in succession (default is 5 seconds).

//voteThreshold=0.33; // when one third agrees, this is enough to confirm a vote

reportingIP="<>"; // private server <> no reporting ("armedass.master.gamespy.com" to report to the master server)

//voteMissionPlayers=3; // start voting for missions when 3 players connect

//checkfiles[]={"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo","dta\data3d.pbo"}; //list of files to check for identity

//kickduplicate=1; // do not allow duplicate id

//equalModRequired=1; // require equal mod

class Missions {};

persistent=1;

kickduplicate=0;

maybe the sprocket version has a benefit after all. patched to 1.12

Ok, great! It works.

Thx alot. This will really help speed the process.

I still have test the server/client players, but that won't be to hard.

Thx alot,

L!nk

... In OGN's version, the Resistance spawns about 10 seconds after starting the match (using the civilian as spawn, you can seen the RACS unit's pop up on the map, because the location is displayed on the civilian side map view).

BR,

mike

Hi L!nk07,

Yesterday I checked the OGN crCTI again, regarding the spawning. It includes RACS-unit spawn, when an enemy gets closer than a distance of viewDistance+500 (~2000) to a town.

I have not recognized this, because I usually play crCTI on Yanutha, which is about 3000 in diameter (and all units spawn, at the begining of the mission) rofl.gif

BR,

mike

Binkster and I worked on the first MFCTI conversions along with BBQ BoB. The mission was coming along well until sombody supposedly got word from MF that a conversion was in the works. There were alot of bugs when we left the mission but it was coming along well.

Then about 8months later I started testing the Doolittle CTI which also started to come along very well until new word supposedly came from MF that it would be out by the end of march into april. lol end of april now and still nothing so.....

These two CTI's were really good but like I said the both had thier buggs. However you may want to check them out because I'm sure there's alot of good scripts you may want to use for yours. Also if you need testers or sombody to do some minor script editing I would be glad to help out.

Just don't be like all those other guys and quit because some Ahole out there wants to impersonate Mike Melvin and let down the entire community and stall projects that were doing great without him.

Hey cool project, I'd be interested in combining work if you are. I have toyed with the idea of adding an rpg skill system to the mission where you pay to gain acces to new vehicles and weapons. It is possible in my mission but requires coding.

My new release is out in a small version, improved some features and fixed issues.  

PS: it's free to host on my site and I'm not adverse to hosting a page for you.

Well, I'm having problems with my JIP scripts. I used Hailo's JIP scripts (used in latest crCTI).

For some reason I can't get it to work. I don't think his script can support both server and deticated servers(forgive me it I'm wrong).

Besides that, everything is rounding up quite nice. Town resitance will not spawn at the begining of the game. Everything is playable ATM. Just adding bonus features when you don't have a full server like: Commander AI and Very Dynamic Map Order system.

I put to many hours in this project so I will never abandon it. Its part of my daily routine and I will continue improving it till it reaches it peak.

I first want get the "CTI" part of L!nkCTI to work before I starting adding RPG elements and other additional features. I have done that before.(check my signature for the link to LCCE, my first project for ArmA, it has some RPG elements and other usefull stuff)

No no, RTS isn't really a CTI. It is different and it does not support AI COOP etc.

Added new video to first post. Check it out and comment on it. Its one of the stuff I'm currently busy with.

AI Command waypoint system could be helpful so AI dont walk straight into a known threat. Could be interesting Flank manuever through PvP commanding AI too

This mission looks very cool.  Let me know if you want to coop on a project.

i think that alot of us would like to see this happen and see both of you integrate the best parts of both of your work into the new 'warfare'.

ontop of that, are either of you considering also implementing ACE into your mission(s) when it's released?

Its going to be hard competing with Warfare... Development will continue, but slowly. Will keep updating you guys on my progress.

L!nk out

Its going to be hard competing with Warfare... Development will continue, but slowly. Will keep updating you guys on my progress.

L!nk out

warfare isn't that great im sure if you make your CTI using the MFCTI version of OFP as a base this will be the best cti play

Warfare isn't what i like in a CTI they sorta let me down after playing that map it could be done so much better notworthy.gif

i like what i see in those movies GJ notworthy.gif

L!nk out

warfare isn't that great im sure if you make your CTI using the MFCTI version of OFP as a base this will be the best cti to play

Warfare isn't what i like in a CTI they sorta let me down after playing that map it could be done so much better  notworthy.gif

i like what i see in those movies GJ notworthy.gif

I'm waiting for LinkCTI impatient.

Warfare has no sterable AI teams. Its chaotic war with free running AI.

I'm sure You give us better or different mission

The more the better. It all depends your own motivation and

way to present your mission. I recommend you to work together

with a dedicated CTI clan to have a driving force behind it. smile_o.gif

Working on the final stages of L!nkCTI. Constructed a list of fixes and additional stuff to add. This is usually the last step before I release something. Then I will just have to get someone that can fix my JIP script and other small bugs that I cannot fix with my knowledge.

P.S. Loadouts dialog is quite flexable and dynamic.

Stay tuned.

L!nk out.

Well, I'm having problems with my JIP scripts. I used Hailo's JIP scripts (used in latest crCTI).

Don't use Hailo's JIP script unless you copy the one from the OGN CRCTI, the original script has a few errors and would cause a CTD

for JIP players when I started using setVehicleInit.

NOTED! Will check it out later today. Hailo's scripts was giving me problems.

Thx.

L!nk out

very eager to try this out and give feedback...

keep it goin notworthy.gif

My biggest problem at this moment is the JIP. I find it very hard to understand the way ArmA handles this.

The rest is still rounding up nicely. A very user-friendly loadouts menu has been made. It's quite simular to the one in COD4. As soon as its finished I will post a video dhowing it. After that, all I have to do is add more playability features. Stay tuned!

L!nk out.

Binkster and I worked on the first MFCTI conversions along with BBQ BoB. The mission was coming along well until sombody supposedly got word from MF that a conversion was in the works. There were alot of bugs when we left the mission but it was coming along well.

Then about 8months later I started testing the Doolittle CTI which also started to come along very well until new word supposedly came from MF that it would be out by the end of march into april. lol end of april now and still nothing so.....

These two CTI's were really good but like I said the both had thier buggs. However you may want to check them out because I'm sure there's alot of good scripts you may want to use for yours. Also if you need testers or sombody to do some minor script editing I would be glad to help out.

Just don't be like all those other guys and quit because some Ahole out there wants to impersonate Mike Melvin and let down the entire community and stall projects that were doing great without him.

Ive spent the last 3 years working on a project that was greatly inspired by Mikle Melvins CTI, and his scripts were in part my process of learning advanced scripting in ofp/Arma.

As I got good enough to understand everything that was in his scripts, I realized something -

His work must have taken years, and many frustrating hours, and many more just staring at the screen IG trying to figure out a bug or two -

That is some seriously complex stuff. Ive heard players come on during CTI missions IG in Ofp and say 'ya, its a great mission, but it could have been coded better..' and Im like are you kidding me?

Try coding all that stuff in non .Sqs standard block form, some of those scripts are so complex, I couldnt even imagine...

He picked the right script form for such a mission. And considering the frikkin thing is still hailed and going strong in a dead game, ofp, what does that say - These same people that said his code wasnt good enough for them, were playing his mission day in and out lol

Considering the many new changes, new problems, etc, involved with porting over a mission of that massive complexity into Arma, I dont blame him for doing what he wants, and maybe it does, maybe it doesent make it. If he was getting paid for it, well thats dif -

I ported over my current project Kolgujev Conflict from Ofp to Arma, and it was NOT fun, NOT, NOT, NOT - and, its an SP mission, not MP.

I had to rework scripts due to new incompatibilities, redo the map completely, integrate a new town hide system that has taken about 3 months to both complete and integrate because the new lag caused by Arma made the mission unplayable on many comps without it (and mine was only getting 15 to 30 fps).

And then there are new ai problems, I have tanks, still, that have a free and clear path to go from a to b in Arma, and about 30 percent of the time, for some reason, Arma likes to say goodbye to them and they fly off on some crazy path in the boonies, to return 10 mins later after the battle is over, this just to mention one of many new issues in Arma.

Porting over a mission of great complexity from Ofp to Arma is like making a whole new mission really, you still have a mission platform created to work off of, but it can be a real mess to get everything straitened out again.