Sign in to follow this  
L!nk07

L!nkCTI Coming Soon...

Hi everyone!

Started this a few days ago. So far I think its pretty neat. Check out my video and let me know what you think. Anyone good enough is welcome to help me with this project. Just PM me, there is still a few things to be done before I can release this.

What I have planned for L!nkCTI:

Quote[/b] ]

1. Stable JIP

2. Many players (32vs32)

3. Realistic warfare landscape (hedges, big cities, farms etc.)

4. COOP (Full AI support)

5. Map order (quick and effective)

6. Scoreboard (dynamic)

7. Multiple gunners support

8. Base defences (SAM sites, Bunkers, Patrols)

9. Easy conversion to any mod.

10. Tactical AI meneuvers (Taking towns, defend/attack base)

11. Resources (Power, Money etc.)

12. Base templates.

13. Artillery, Mortars, Missiles etc. (has boundries)

14. Map strategies orders

15. Patroling resitance

16. Radio buying (need radio tower)

17. Income ratio and money transfer

More later..

Expected in first release (v0.28_vanillaArmA): (1,5,7,9,11,15,16,17)

Here the WIP video:

Another WIP video of my latest featured map ordering system:

Honestly, i wish you best of luck.

But so far, cti implementation into arma wasnt sucesfull.  confused_o.gif

I disagree. From what I have read it wasn't CTI not being successful, but the cheaters that wreaked too much havoc destroying the CTI atmosphere. Keep working link, as ArmA.is.great has shown, if you build it people will play it.

The main reason I'm making this is to make it ArmA compatible and make CTI WORK. I started making it in ArmA and I will use all the features that ArmA can provide me. Like the multiple gunner etc.

I will always be a fan of CTI and thats why I want to make this work!

What exactly when wrong in ArmA CTI? Maybe I can make it work again in LinkCTI.

I will make sure my CTI covers all the features of the previous CTI's (crCTI, mfCTI etc.) And I will make it playable.

Looks quite good to behonest for just starting it.

Good looking dialogs!

the video looks good.

the hardcore cti gamer still play ofp, because they like the full range of function crcti provides. and the portations of crcti to arma have problems after a while.

Well, my aim for L!nkCTI is to make it work in ArmA and ArmA2 etc. Working hard... Stay tuned for more news.

P.S.

More scripters can increase work load. Need someone experienced in server->client communication(public/client variables).

I also don't know much about JIP yet.

(My codes are simple and commented!wink_o.gif

L!nk out.

I figured the problem with ArmA CTI is the JIP.

People join one side, play for 5 minutes, disconnect and join other side and tell everyone where enemy base is.

Ok, I found way to prevent this from happening:

When a player has already join a side he cannot disconnect and join the other side. The admin can decide if there should be a time delay before the player is allowed to join the other side.

This way, he cannot give vital information to the other players.

As far as I can see, JIP seems to be correctly implemented in OGN's crCTI version (we use coward_hearts version available on http://cr-ofp.dyndns.org/ ) and encountered no problem, yet. thumbs-up.gif

I cannot remember the author of the JIP scripts, but I think, that this one knows how to implement JIP for such a project. smile_o.gif

Was quite suprised when I saw it. I did not know there is a working JIP CTI out there.

The CTI itself still needs a little attention. I played it for 1minute and then, lagggg. Nice dialog improvements and unit switch features though.

I just started with JIP today. Imposible for me to know if it will work because I only have one pc to test it on. But if someone can help me one this, then it would help alot when I actually have to test it some time.

Poping my questions on OFPEC about JIP.

L!nk out.

2. Many players (64)

I think is impossible to play with so many units (64 * MAX_GROUP_SIDE (if 8 then there can be 512 units + resistance)).

My advise is You better create mission for 12vs12 (but I've never seen so many players in cti in arma) and if mission will be stable and popular You can increase number of slots

The CTI itself still needs a little attention. I played it for 1minute and then, lagggg. Nice dialog improvements and unit switch features though.

IS the Resistance AI spawned when a player is near or is it prespawned?

For My experience:

The crCTI might lag when I start it using the ArmA MP-Option, nearly lag-free, when I start a dedicated server on the same machine (I use a Intel 2160 + 2 Meg on Win2k for testing).

In OGN's version, the Resistance spawns about 10 seconds after starting the match (using the civilian as spawn, you can seen the RACS unit's pop up on the map, because the location is displayed on the civilian side map view).

BR,

mike

IS the Resistance AI spawned when a player is near or is it prespawned?

volkov956 :

Sorry, I was refering to OGN's crCTI. So far there is nothing laggy about mine. The resitance in my CTI is not prespawned. When a unit enters a area around the town, the resitance is spawn. Still thinking of maybe reducing the groups when there is no one present in a town when the units have already spawn.

Przemek_kondor :

For now, L!nkCTI is 8vs8. Thats my beta testing version. If everything goes well, I will make it 32vs32 but with limited group sizes. Sry, should have been more clear.

well leaving it open for 32vs32 standard groups will be ok as well incase someone has the server and bandwidth to run one

Yeah. I will keep it server friendly for the time being.

L!nk out

Intersting!

Lets see if you can make this a little les demanding on the server, with bigger games (at least 40 players)

ITs a shame that OFP handles the same scripts 10x faster then ArmA...

I just started with JIP today. Imposible for me to know if it will work because I only have one pc to test it on. But if someone can help me one this, then it would help alot when I actually have to test it some time.

I did just about all the JIP for crcti on 1 PC. (AMD 4600)

Put these 2 lines in your server.cfg

persistent=1;

kickduplicate=0;

and run 2 ver of Arma in window mode, below line in shortcut

-window

I though .sqf scripts are much faster than .sqs scripts. What do you mean OFP scripts run faster?

I tried running it on one computer. Here is my error:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">2 ArmA's running: CD-Key in use

1 ArmA 1 Deticated ArmA Server: Invalid CD Keyb6...

How did you bypass this? It pops up as soon as I join the server I created one the same pc.

Any advice?

L!nk out

run 1 dedicated server and 2 clients.....not 1 server/client and 1 client.

ok, well, if i run a deticated server, I still can't join. I get that invalid cd keyb6....... error.

I thought .sqf scripts are much faster than .sqs scripts....

I think it's a misconception where people are confusing sqf scripts with sqf functions. The only slow down I'm aware of while using sqf is when it's used with a called function and the function is too complicated (taking up too many cycles). You can get around this by using spawn rather than using call to make it run asynchronously. Then you need to be aware of concurrency issues.

CD-Key in use...

How did you bypass this?

For the dedicated server CD-Key issue for testing, you need to use v1.08. It was changed in the patches for some reason.