Sign in to follow this  
Hitcher

SPACE INVADERS ARMA

Quote[/b] ]How strong are these units compared to the standard BIS units? Will the infantry be comparable to your cyborg infantry from ofp? How about the armor and air vehicles?

the infantery config is same as a standard BIS soldier atm, i don t think to put a cyborg at the first realease but maybe later it will be possible.

about vehicle armor i did it similar to a bmp for aliens tank and ka50 for xz09

my work atm is the mothership stuff ,im making the interior with control room and access with a door anim , i'm really happy to finish it soon...

Quote[/b] ]You got some other units on your to do list? Like AI robotic drones (or biomechanical drones)? How about drop pods?

about drone or something its a real pain to do it and as i said before i made this mod alone and i like to do it on my own way but drone config is really difficult to do for me , maybe some help could be welcome

here is the addons list with first realease (maybe after 1.12 final arma patch):

_alien soldier

_alien phazer (infantery basic weapon)

_xz09 (flying hunter with 1 gunner driver)

_red eye tank (1 driver 1 gunner no cargo)

_las tank( same as red eye tank)

_mothership (~30 infantery cargo) also its a place same as a base i will show you with a next video....

Ah shame sad_o.gif

I was hoping your infantry would be a tad stronger than standard BIS units (I made mine in ofp stronger too, it needed to be able to fight off other scifi units such as the predator as well).

And about the AI drones, well, I made some automated sentry in ofp for my dudes and the way I did it was like this.

I just made a small block that would represent the AI and configged it in such a way that when the gun would be destroyed the AI unit would not jump out of the gun (there's a line in the config that would do that in ofp, it might work in ArmA as well). The AI block can be made invisible too by just texturing it with an "invisible" texture.

In case you want to put these AI units in an airplane and want to make sure they don't bail out, you might add a script that will kill the pilot when the air vehicle has suffered a certain amount of damage (like 80% or 90% damage).

So basically these "AI" drones are not under your control (unless they are part of your squad) and act more like automated units smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]In case you want to put these AI units in an airplane and want to make sure they don't bail out, you might add a script that will kill the pilot when the air vehicle has suffered a certain amount of damage (like 80% or 90% damage).

yes it s maybe a good idea but how to forbid "get in" and "get out" action without kill?

I want to tell something about those who are thinking , cause i get some comment about this, i take something like sound, ideas or other things on ryan D aliens mod.

originally i made a space invaders mod on OFP some years ago and if you try it u will understand quickly who is a scammer with mod sound or other...

also i 'm currently working on mothership moddeling cause on last video it s not done and i made original 3D texture and config... NO SCAM HERE

cya

The only idea I got from your OFP alien addon is the war of the worlds tripod sound, but that's off the movie anyway. whistle.gif

Btw, the mothership looks awesome. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The only idea I got from your OFP alien addon is the war of the worlds tripod sound, but that's off the movie anyway.

I m not talking about your stuff but only some comment fromm ppl who are saying i get some sound from your mod,

no problem with you Ryan d wink_o.gif

This looks awesome mate! I really cant wait to coop this with a friend upon release!

Keep it up!