Sign in to follow this  
moosenoodles

1.12 DBE1 error driving me insane.

Hi guys,

1.11 was fine, but in 1.12 no matter where i put these dbe1 files regardless i get the error below in the image link..

Please take a moment to have a look and see if you can gimme any pointers to try..

The screenshot shows the 2 directory areas and the error that pops up, and my shortcut info for running arma.

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/3674/whyfr1.jpg

thanks all..

James.

There should be DBE1 addon in your ArmA\Addons folder, if it doesnt exist anymore, you prolly must reinstall QG.

hmmm there is no DBE addon pbo in the main arma/addons folder.. yet ive never removed QG from my arma install lol.. how odd..

the only addon stuff i have for QG went into the DBE1 (Queens gambit) folder. ?

Im miffed now sickboy.. lol... Thankyou kindly for your help though, I wonder if i reinstall QG though it will mess anything up for me now with my install.

Grrrrr...

James.

you installed these QG updates for 1.12 ?

they must be done manually same like for any previous beta version ...

Just reinstall QG, shouldnt be a problem.

What I did was to find all scattered files from QG and put everything into DBE1/addons. QB default install is all over the place....

Dwarden:

"1.11 was fine, but in 1.12 no matter where i put these dbe1 files regardless i get the error below in the image link"

As said above, 1.11 was fine. I copied the files as per instruction, but alas I get that error on startup. But heck if i know, arma's needs file wise are just a shambles to be honest.

Ive tried everything with the QG_hotfix and DBE1 hotfix files placement wise, but no joy, even tried DBE1;beta or beta;DBE in mod target lines.

So I can only go by what sickboy said now and that I am missing a general Queens gambit DBE1 pbo file in my main arma/addons directory, which for some reason has bloody dissapeared.

Still I will just carry on trying, and if all fails a total reinstall will have to be done of arma and QG. sad_o.gif

James.

P.S I tell u what else ive noticed...

If u check the 1.12 beta install there is no general Hotfix.pbo file like in 1.11 had that goes into the beta folder.

So for those updating over 1.11 and not starting with a fresh beta folder, im not sure how that pans out. The readme is labled 1.11 not 1.12 and there is no info on the missing hotfix.pbo file that was reminiscent in 1.11 but not not in 1.12.

Explanations on file changes is a must when messing with beta files, and I personaly think the "fast" change from 1.11 to 1.12 readme was a bit hurried to say the least..

I mean a 4,800+kb file that was in 1.11 labled hotfix.pbo and is now non existent in the 1.12 ? where has it gone, is it incorporated into another pbo now? be nice to know so one can do a prooper process of elimination when getting troubles with error messages.

cheers.

well as it seems You missing some QG files in DBE1\Addons directory

Quote[/b] ]

cutsceneAnims.pbo

cutsceneAnims.pbo.bi.bisign

dbe1.pbo

dbe1.pbo.bi.bisign

Desert2.pbo

Desert2.pbo.bi.bisign

hotfix_QG.pbo

hotfix_QG.pbo.bi.bisign

Models_DBE1.pbo

Models_DBE1.pbo.bi.bisign

Sara_DBE1.pbo

Sara_DBE1.pbo.bi.bisign

guess You need reinstall QG

yeah odd, hmmm,, I have cutscenes and desert pbo's u listed in my main arma/addon directory nothing as u say in my dbe1/addon folder like that. And i deff dont have dbe1 pbo.s anywhere..

Gee i guess somehow i either deleted them by some means, or doing a pc clean up with CCleaner etc might of done something, god knows but what a pain in the butt..

Thanks for your time ill reinstall QG.

James.

Ok, once more, QG installs DBE1.pbo inside the ArmA\addons folder, not inside the DBE1\Addons Folder.

@Dwarden you have an alternative installation.

When you reinstall QG and its fine again. I personally put the hotfix pbo files that are delivered with the v1.12beta patch, in my beta\addons folder, but you can also do it by placing it as the structure is already inside the v1.12 package.

Quote[/b] ]If u check the 1.12 beta install there is no general Hotfix.pbo file like in 1.11 had that goes into the beta folder.
I do have them in my beta\addons folder, and they (pbo + keyfile) are from the date and time of the v1.12patch.

they get installed with the patch setup, not available in the package.

well if u do have the hotfix.pbo setup from the installation, then for some reason the 2 links ive downloaded the 1.12 patch from, neither of them installed that hotfix.pbo 4000kb+ size file.. not once and ive installed 1.12 3 times now due to tetsing this error i was getting..

VERY ODD!

and highly annoying.

Regards,

James.

to solve similar issues on our server for clients with QB who also revert back to 1.08 (our servers allow you to switch from 1.12 to 1.08 at will) we had to place the patch addons from 1.12 inside beta/addon

if you place them where they belong

addons

DBE1/addons

the 1.08 server fails like this, this is not the same error but there is also a hierarchal issue, these addons are fixes so should be loaded last, it works like this

Addons folders are loaded A-Z

Mods are loaded in the order of your command line

so we run -mod=DBE1;beta this what the hotfixes are loaded last like they should be and avoid 1.08

QB was designed poorly, they should never have over written stock folders as it now gives you altered addons when you run some other guys mod that alters these same addons

note these addons are in the downloaded 1.12 patch and are not installed (as far as i can tell) you will find them in the RAR under

AddOns

DBE1/Addons

hope it helps

Yes got it all sorted now, I reinstalled QG, and placed in the 1.12 patch files and all works very well now.

I was missing DBE1.pbo from main addon folder as well which was noticed in above posts by others.. So no idea where they went or why lol its not like me to be so lapse. Still all is fine and thats what counts..

Thanks for everyones input.

Cheers,

James.