Sign in to follow this  
Nikoo

1.12 beta patch troubleshooting thread

No, the maxmem command didn't help, it still crashes after an hour/hour and half. Haven't had the graphics bug occurr since.

Patch 1.05 worked and patch 1.08 was better....after that everything went to Hell!

There is a reason none of the game servers like Squad Servers host these BS beta things.

BI needs to employ closed beta testers and just stop killing/divideing the community with all these worthless beta patchs.

Keep the whole thing OUT of the public view and on closed private company servers or just stop trying.

I really want to buy ArmA2 but if all these beta BS patchs that seem to be made by mindless monkeys are any clue to what ArmA2 will be then I for one will NOT be buying it.

There is a reason why game hosting companies like Squad Servers do not use these beta patchs....it's becuase they all suck.

Adding more public revisions of BI's "beta" patchs devides the community and gives the public a very bad view of this company.

The community wouldnt be divided if everyone just used the latest beta. thumbs-up.gif

As for 1.08 being better??? not from my perspective. Everything after 1.08 has gotten better. Fog bug fixed. Cant create texture crash fixed. Better recoils for weapons. Better AI. etc etc etc......look at the change log, but those are the main ones to me.

Open betas are benificial to the community in the end, because they get a broader group of different systems to find and identify issues which need to be fixed. There can be issues that wouldnt be found in a small group of testers, that will be found once its released to the masses.

IMO it gives a very good view of the devs, for they are actively engaging with the community to find and fix issues. Showing their continued support for their product.

I wouldnt be playing the game anymore if it wasnt for the betas. In 1.08 all it seemed I dealt with was kids ruining servers, crashing all the time, and wasnt even seeing the game as it was ment to be.

after installed 1.12 it still says i'm1.08, all patches after 1.08 do this to me? anyone have the same drama's?

after installed 1.12 it still says i'm1.08, all patches after 1.08 do this to me? anyone have the same drama's?

And you are using the new "launch arma beta patch" -shortcut? Which is in the ArmA folder. huh.gif

Some tips that have worked for me:

1/After a graphics driver update check the Display Properties/Settings/Advanced/Troubleshoot window  

that "Enable write combining" is checked and Full Hardware acceleration is selected.

2/For WinXP get 3 Gb of physical memory (it's cheap) and turn off your swap file, initially I had

my doubts about this, but it sorted my crashes to desktop from 1.08 onwards

3/If you have an AGP chipset increase the AGP memory aperture size to as high as it will go. Some

motherboards do not have this option, unfortunately. Contrary to popular notions this does not

use up memory.

Point number 2 had the biggest effect on my ArmA experience.

i get memory errors out the ass with 1.12. no my ram isnt bad . the 1.12 patch is broken. request 224kb blah blah

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1418/82349038sb5.jpg

This looks like some kind of memory leak, as out of 300 MB there is only 1 MB left, which does not seem normal to me. Does this happen with all missions? Are you using -maxmem? If you are, can you try using larger value for it?

i had tried maxmem=512 didnt work, later on i tried 1280 and it didnt crash for the hour i played after my post. before 1.11 and 1.12 i have never ever had to use the maxmem command line arguement nor have i had ctd's repeatadly. the mission i was playing was a modified version evolution. i will do more testing later see if i get it workin better

Thre is no difference to me. Patch 1.08, 1.11beta or 1.12beta all of them leads to heavy crashes with monitor going black (no signal from the video card! ) and a hard reset needed. Especially when hosting a LAN game.

No problem playing as client so far.

I launch the game with the -maxmem=512 command.

I have to admit that with patch 1.12beta the game take longer time to crash, but it is still very unstable.

I still have the no sky bug too. Any body been able to fix this?

Video card: 7300 le

2 gigs ram

win xp service pack 2

No overclocking

Since patch to 1.12 i have problems playing Arma with Windows xp. Low performance (20 fps less than 1.11) and the game often freeze for a milli-second. there are vista 32 problems, but i have xp-prof !!!.

My system:

Asus p5wdh - deluxe

Intel Core 2 quad E6600

GF8800 GT (1000mb)

3GB corsair DDR2 (800mhz)

win xp

EDIT:

seems to be ok now, do a few more test. was on the new 174.74 beta drivers. and patch and driverchange was near the same time.

sitched back to 174.20. looks better now, but will check further.

greetz

did a few more tests, its still the same, tryed now all 174.xx drivers, and the last released finaldriver for winxp-prof.

also have in a car (1.person) lower frames than in 3rd person.

i prefer to play in 1.person so i have the drops everytime.

frame dropped heavy in benoma, where u have a bunch of the same "bushes" (vegitation wink_o.gif

sometimes arma also close itself. no task there anymore, no message.

trackir is jumping around randomly, thats real anoying.

1.11 was better running

Well I don't see any posts describing the issue I'm having. When 1.12 came out I played a few games, but have since been playing mostly 1.08 because that's what the servers I play on were using.

Now those servers have updated to 1.12. Some 1.12 servers are accessable on my list, but other 1.12 servers have a red X. When I try to connect to them I get a "connection failed."

The same things seems to always happen when trying to join a hosted 1.12 game.

I know the dedicated servers in question are running 1.12, but why am I able to get on some and not others...most notably the one I want to play on?

On a side note, I have seen performance increases between 1.08 and 1.12b on my machine...to bad I can't play 1.12 MP where I'm trying to.

Any help appreciated.

Was the network code changed any bit by chance???

We been testing our old Error Send value which worked nicely on 1.08,1.09 since 1.11 1.12 there is more blipping AI movements at further distances making leading a little bit of problem..

I'm getting frequent lockups after about an hour or so of play. Windows said it forwarded the problem information to BIS, though.

Also the map seems to be messed up. It takes about 10 seconds to load and it doesn't move very smoothly. Sometimes the zoom and move functions do not work as well. This happens in all missions but seems to happen more frequently in missions with a lot of city combat.

As others have already written, the MP Performance as a client is really really bad and has a drastically performance hit at almost 50% or more.

This means that my usual framerates from 30FPS or more in singleplayer (at 3000m viewdistance, by the way!wink_o.gif even inside big cities like Paraiso, Bagango, etc and even with CPU calculated AI-Troops, is usual way below 20FPS in multiplayer with a joking viewdistance of around 1000m (thats what the most MP-Mission designer will do it as default).

Somehow this is very strange because in MP normally my PC shouldn't have to calculate the AI-Troops like in singleplayer and should have therefor more resources left for a fluid gameplay.

However in Arma it is not......

Please, please, please BIS address this as "high priority" for the final patch, as it is very important to have a good performance/fluid gameplay for the heart of the game - the multiplayer part!

Best Regards, Christian

Another strange effect of the 1.12beta patch. After a while of online match here appeared some strange graphic issues.

aV2zj6Jr.jpg

Yea as people have been saying the fps drops drastically every time there are units for me its just 1 squad on rahmadi when they move causes the lag of a life time its seems that something you added to the ai of some sort lags it up. 1.11 was fine for me but 1.12 screwed it up I have the latest drivers for me and everything but nothings working I'm fallin back to 1.11

Installed patch last night gave it a good test run everything seemed fine, tried starting it again this morning I'm now getting the "Can't find IFC22.dll error" sad_o.gif

Yes I'm starting it from the beta shortcut as I did last night, starting Arma normally is fine, its only when trying to start with the Beta version I get this error.

Why is the beta version having a problem with the DLL yet the main version aint, why should it now have a problem when it was working fine last night, whats changed since the system was powered down?

problem4.jpg

Sorry guys, gave the thread a quick scan, but couldn't find a solution, this error keeps popping up when clicking buttons in the mission editior - can anyone please help? sad_o.gif

Cheers

Stew

Why is the beta version having a problem with the DLL yet the main version aint, why should it now have a problem when it was working fine last night, whats changed since the system was powered down?

Open the Arma\beta folder and see if ifc22.dll is in there or not. If not, copy/paste the one in the main folder into the beta folder. (If it is but it's still not working, copy/paste anyway just to be sure the pre-existing copy isnt corrupt.)

Open the Arma\beta folder and see if ifc22.dll is in there or not. If not, copy/paste the one in the main folder into the beta folder. (If it is but it's still not working, copy/paste anyway just to be sure the pre-existing copy isnt corrupt.)

Nope when I checked it wasn't in the Beta folder only main Arma folder, copied the dll direct off the CD into both folders Arma & Beta did a power down reset still no joy, removed dll from Beta folder did a power down reset still no joy, swore at the computer and launched Lock-On instead flew around for a few hours turned off computer and went out, come back home turned computer back on thought I'd give it another bash to get the Beta to load............"Lo & Behold" the damn thing loaded with the first click, absolutly nothing different from the last failed attempt, Dll file only in the main Arma folder ruddy strange error this?

Appriciate you help though FritzDaKat smile_o.gif