Sign in to follow this  
Nikoo

1.12 beta patch troubleshooting thread

I'm experiencing lag on dedi and non-dedi server, lag occuring for a moment during mp games, then stops for a while, then comes again, often when getting in and out of vehicules.

Anybody else ?

Can't install the patch, it claims i'm on 1.05, which, i'm not. crazy_o.gif

All units "lag/skip" much more compared to 1.09 and 1.11 on my dedicated server. I'm playing in LAN.

I'm experiencing lag on dedi and non-dedi server, lag occuring for a moment during mp games, then stops for a while, then comes again, often when getting in and out of vehicules.

Anybody else ?

Serious stuttering problems with the new patch. My fps change eratically and show between 15 and 50 fps. Game runs terrible. I tested this on my own in the editor and with only my player on the map. This was on the map sahrani and in the main town. I went back to 1.08 and all was fine in the same place.

Windows: Vista 32bit home premium

Graphics card: Geforce 8800 Gt

mainboard: Ausus Crosshair

Cpu: Dualcore Amd 3800

Memory: 2gb Corsair

Forgot to mention my config :

- Macbook pro, 8600GT (256 Mo VRAM), Windows XP SP2, 2Go RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz.

All units "lag/skip" much more compared to 1.09 and 1.11 on my dedicated server. I'm playing in LAN.

Please can you provide more exact steps how you observe the problem.

E.g. what mission you run, what exactly you do from the beginnig, when you observe the problem and if you are able to reproduce (and if you do the same in 1.08 it behaves in a different way).

Good repro steps should be as simple and clear as possible to allow quick reproduction of the issue and providing with such steps is essential to be able to look at the issue.

Since i patched to 1.12 i have big problems playing Arma with Vista. Low performance (20 fps less than 1.11) and the game often freeze for a second. I Think its a vista 32x problem.

And I still get "Connection failed" if i try to connect to a server (Hamachi works).

I will uninstall 1.12 and install 1.11 again!

My system:

Asus Stryker 2

Intel CoreDuo E8400 2x3ghz

GF8800 GTX (768mb)

2GB Kingston DDR2 (800mhz)

Vista 32x

I still have no sky just its either blue in no weather, grey in overcast or bl;ack at night, No cloulds, no sun (but can see the light rays if i look in its direction, and no stars and moon.

my specs,

AmD 64x2 2.5

EVGA 6200LE (also doesnt work with my MSI 8800GTS 320)

2 gigs ddr2

windows XP Prof edition

The Sky works in 1.08 and in window mode ( but almost inpossible to play in window mode, But in 1.09 1.11 and 1.12 it doesnt work.

Please help, I miss my sky sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

still black screening for 30-60 seconds then white and black boxes on blank menu with vista x64 4GB ram. runs fine when ram is forced to 2GB.

devs, does the size of graphic memory matter? this card (radeon 2900HD) has 1GB of video memory, and i get the hunch thats the problem here.

latest drivers for all hardware and SP1 etc. id really like if you guys can test it yourself on cards with lots of memory, as it would suck if the final patch comes out with this still happening.

quad core Q6600

radeon 2900HD

4GB DDR2

@Vista low fps guys:

Please make sure you get the latest updates, hotfixes (or rather SP1), graphifcs drivers, and probably sound drivers (turning off EAX when no OpenAL EAX capapble soundcard is installed).

You can find hotfixes here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Troubleshooting_Vista

@NeoArmageddon:

Double check that you don't run a firewall which uses executable hashes to allow or block traffic. In case you have such firewall, make sure that the new arma.exe from the arma\beta folder, v1.12 is allowed

@Jana:

It indeed remains a mystery, hope the devs got something on it.

I got a 768mb card, and 8GB ram, runs perfect without blackscreen, but I already reported that smile_o.gif Hope you find a fix.

E.g. what mission you run, what exactly you do from the beginnig, when you observe the problem and if you are able to reproduce (and if you do the same in 1.08 it behaves in a different way).

Good repro steps should be as simple and clear as possible to allow quick reproduction of the issue and providing with such steps is essential to be able to look at the issue.

concerning the lag, it is very difficult to describe exactly how and when it happens.

I experienced it on a non-dedicated server (hosted by myself). Running Evolution Blue. Just after the mission begins, we were 3 people playing, when running out of the hangars at base, to get in the humwees near the hangars.

It was lagging until we got in humwee.

Then nothing for a while, and then it happened again.

I have been playing this mission since ArmA 1.05, never seen this before. I'll try to see if it happens on other missions.

I've seen some added connection lag with JIP

and I noticed when you are driving a tank with AI CO and gunner they wont stop targeting planes/choppers and almost never attack Enemy AI troppers near them when theres a Enemy plane with in a click or two

crossposted because I hear that the feedback thread was the wrong place for this:

Crossfire is now broken for me again, using FEAR.exe and ArmA.exe. AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe gets CF going again but the HDR engine freaks out and fades everything to black.

edit: oh look, it's come back again for me... to humiliate me in front of my peers.

Is any one still getting the out of memory error? It's gotten worse in 1.11 and 1.12 for me. With patch 1.11 using -vm108 fixed the problem. -maxmem doesn't help either. It seems to happen a few minutes after DAC initialization. I've only added a few DAC zones to LSD Campaign (SP version). It happens with MrN's Dynamic War as well.

After a few mins it randomly CTD and gives me the out of memory error. The error message looks like I have enough free mem for what it requests.

I'm running a Core2Extreme with 4GB and a 8800 GTS(640mb i think). I'm running the beta driver 169.44. Windows XP

Any ideas? If needed I'll give more info

My system:

Home/Gaming PC: e8400~3.6Ghz/GA-X48-DQ6/G.SKILL 4GB/P182/(5x)Scythe S-FLEX fans/Corsair750TX/9800GX2/SB X-fi/WD6400AAKS 640GB/WD7500AAKS 750GB/SAMSUNG DVD±R SH-S203B/dualboot Vista64-XP

New install of Game and OS.

I am getting horrible HDR flickering and screen corruption (White out, fades to black and then back to normal). No matter what I try it comes back all the time. Using 174.74 drivers and all other drivers are up to date.

As a side note the game World in Conflict uses tons of HDR and I got no errors of any kind, the games runs perfectly and it is equally or more demanding than ArmA.

Video of the problem:

Any help? Thanks!

Update1: Ok, since I have dual boot I tried the game in XP and guess what? No flickering/HDR problem! So, this seems to be only in Vista, of which I have Vista 64. I'd still much rather run the game in Vista as it my main OS, but this is at least information.

@Vista low fps guys:

Please make sure you get the latest updates, hotfixes (or rather SP1), graphifcs drivers, and probably sound drivers (turning off EAX when no OpenAL EAX capapble soundcard is installed).

Windows and drivers all updated and i am still getting the same problems. The fps are acting very erratic. The frames drop like from 70 to 15 and cause massive stuttering for me. I see you have mentioned service SP1. Can you tell me if this is the the latest SP for windows vista 32bit? Anyways i'm fully updated with drivers and windows updates. And as already mentioned 1.08 patch works fine for me when it comes to fps.

I've had two CTD's with 1.12beta. No problems with 1.11beta. Vista x64 SP1, 4Gb, E6600, 8800GT (174.74 nvidia drivers) . Both times in multiplayer at dedi server. Also think that performance has gone worse since 1.11beta. Weird stuttering going on more. And everything was fine two days ago. Everything else is the same in this machine except 1.11b to 1.12b

Quote[/b] ]Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: arma.exe

Application Version: 1.12.0.5252

Application Timestamp: 47f4afb0

Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 18ae5580

Are you getting the HDR issues as well?

Video of the problem:

Or is perhaps it is just SLI (9800gx2) and Vista in ArmA?

Ok, I been playing all night now. I like this patch.

About the "skipping" issue; its like when there is lag and the units positions are updated. Its very dependent on the distance. When units are close up they are good, but as soon as you look through a scope they are jumping a few meters forward now and then. I have read about this issue before and the solution was to tweak the server-settings. I have done that earlier and its been ok. But now with this patch its really bad when you are trying to snipe anyone from 500+. But I have also seen "skipping" closer up. It doesnt matter much if it is a big or a small mission.

My server and my gaming rig have always been stable, and they still are. I connect to the dedicated through LAN and my friends from internet. I have also tested this by connecting my older computer to my ded-server through internet. It doesnt change the amount of skipping/lag. I have good ping and FPS.

Its no problem to play, but its noticable with this patch. Sniping becomes very difficult.

great patch thanks.

I have noticed that since 1.11 the run bug seems to be back though, when going from the full sprint to prone action

Quote[/b] ]@NeoArmageddon:

Double check that you don't run a firewall which uses executable hashes to allow or block traffic. In case you have such firewall, make sure that the new arma.exe from the arma\beta folder, v1.12 is allowed

All ports are forwarded and the arma.exe is allowed in my firewall with all rights. My clanmates have the "connection failed" bug, too. Just hamachi works correct.

Playing domination last night at AT rocket on bluefor were invisible while in flight - didn't check opfor. Just update to 174 on 8800 so this might explain the really dark new look?

We had four 1.12 server crashes (access violation) in 24 hours. *sigh*

Now we are back to 1.09 (again sad_o.gif)

Minidump available.

Xeno

Bump:

Vista Users:

Vista SP1 updated lots of things, but missed out a small update for directX9 that maybe came out too late to be included. Vista uses DirectX10 for games that support it, ArmA DOES NOT, and you may need to patch the DirectX9 that wasn't included in SP1 to run it stable again.

It's a matter of 250kb or so, but solved my troubles, from a stuttering 30-to-second BSOD, to 12 hours mission designing / testing and tabbing solid w/o 1 crash with 60 frames, it's worth a click!

Even if you don't have vista, its always worth updating:

(for any version of windows, its the top link you want, you must validate though)

directX

Arma 1.12 dedicated server (WINXP):

is running on private (not public) IP but selected as DMZ host on HW firewall, everything ok, no more problems with connecting to them like was beffore on 1.11 (1.11 was not able to connect thru ingame serverlist ). Server works good with persistant battlefield on, an at this time more than 24hours withouth crash or problems.

Arma 1.12 on VISTA SP1 64bit:

GraphicsCard 8800GTS 640MB

Sound integrated Realtek HD

CPU AMD X2 5000+

Works good ! And i think better (faster) like on WInXPSP2! But i have experienced time by time small 0,5s lags. Somethimes is that from every 3seconds to minutes. That all on near full details = very high, only ground details on NORMAL, visible on 1500m.

Good work !