Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.12

What's the problem with AT and MG recoils?

The problem is that there is almost no recoil.Yo can shoot with MGs when you standing up.

suggestion :

- add a button "Mute all" on the player list panel next to the "Mute ()" button

- add more buttons (on player list panel) or controls (for keyboard keys) for each channel "Mute global", "Mute side", "Mute group", "Mute vehicle", "Mute direct"

What's the problem with AT and MG recoils?

The problem is that there is almost no recoil.Yo can shoot with MGs when you standing up.

Mmm that is strange.

I was thinking the recoil on the mg's is quite heavy now.

Maybe be i am wrong but i am quite sure i noticed.

MGs have plenty of recoil while standing in beta 1.12. Similar with SAW, maybe a tad too much here (but I don't have any expectations on what would be realistic).

Maybe you are using a mod? Heh, maybe I am? smile_o.gif

MGs have plenty of recoil while standing in beta 1.12. Similar with SAW, maybe a tad too much here (but I don't have any expectations on what would be realistic).

Maybe you are using a mod? Heh, maybe I am? smile_o.gif

No i dont use any mod.I play clear 1.12. Look to give you understand what i mean see that in 1.08 the MGs when you are standing is very uncontrolable but in 1.12 you have only to move the mouse downwards.There is recoil in two versions but different type of recoil in each one.And at ATs in 1.12 there is no recoil.Man its a rpg no a waterpistol.

I wonder why they changed the recoils. Were people

complaining that they couldn't fire a machine gun while

standing in the game? Did the AI have trouble with the

original recoil (I don't remember) - the AI machine gunners

fire their guns while standing quite a lot.

The setObjectTexture command still has the old bug that the texture is gone after loading a savegame. Could this bug please be fixed?

This command can be so useful, like making random looking terrorists and civilians, and it's also used for unit markings a lot. But right now, if it's used to make random looking characters they will turn invisible after loading a savegame. And of course markings disappear.

It also would have been nice if it was global in MP and worked for JIP players. Any chance of a global version, at least for ArmA 2? confused_o.gif

I guess the animate command has the same problems.

The setObjectTexture command still has the old bug that the texture is gone after loading a savegame. Could this bug please be fixed?

This command can be so useful, like making random looking terrorists and civilians, and it's also used for unit markings a lot. But right now, if it's used to make random looking characters they will turn invisible after loading a savegame. And of course markings disappear.

It also would have been nice if it was global in MP and worked for JIP players. Any chance of a global version, at least for ArmA 2? confused_o.gif

I guess the animate command has the same problems.

In addition I would like to point out that the setAperture command is not reset after loading.

Steps to reproduce:

- Create a small mission with a radio trigger that does setAperture 2 or something similar.

- Start the mission and save.

- Activate the radio trigger that sets the aperture.

- Load the status from your previous save. The aperture will not be reset to the original value.

I think the original problem with recoils were that they could go in very odd directions, down and so on. With 1.11 there were almost no recoils at all, but 1.12 have fixed this to a great extent, in my personal view.

Agreed on the AI machinegunners, they snipe me too much, and sometimes I've seen AI snipe from 100m+ while getting into prone position confused_o.gif I think the machinegunner and automatic rifleman class should have delays built into the combat FSM to avoid this. A second or to in order to get into position and aim their rather heavy weapon.

When running 1.12b the game will crash every 10 - 15 minutes (most times sooner) to a sound loop. Teamspeak will continue to function as normal up to 40 seconds after the crash. PC needs a hard reboot. No error messages and no BSOD. Just a sound loop, no video and within a minute the PC reboots (if I don't reboot it first).

Mods running are Six_Pack1, ArmAEffects, TrueMods, and FDF Sounds 1.3. I have tried running the beta with and without Mods. PC will still crash to a sound loop.

All settings at Low to Normal. Ansio and AA disabled.

Game has been uninstalled, reinstalled and patched up. Will still crash as outlined above. One of these installs was on top of a reformatted drive, and fresh install of the OS. Anti-Virus software disabled - same result. Firewall disabled - same result.

arma.RPT file last entry states "Array out of Range"

PC Specs as follows: All at the latest drivers.

ASUS P5WDG2 WS Pro

2 x ATI HD 2600 (makes no difference if running single or in X-Fire PC still crashes to sound loop)

Intel Core 2 Duo e6850 @ 3Ghz

4 Gb Corsair DDR2 XMS2 Memory (3Gb seen by XP)

Creative Xi-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Microsoft XP Home - SP2

No overheating or other anomalies observed. If I play ArmA patched to 1.08 (I also have Queens Gambit installed) I can play all day long with no crashes (only trouble is, all the good servers are running 1.12b with the benefit of VoIP).

Try running no mods to eliminate them as a possibility. In the meantime, you should go post in the troubleshooting forum.

try disabling the sound card or use the onboard sound. I had an issue where the game would crash with me using usb headphones at one time. I used my onboard sound instead and it worked fine. Since then I have a different usb headphones and works great.

Last night I was playing online and discovered why I keep on getting so many, "no message received for xx seconds", Arma is

shutting down my internet connection. When I received the message last night, I alt+tabbed back to my desktop and checked my connection and sure enough it had been disabled. It required a

reboot of my rig to reinitialize my net connection. Anybody have any insight as to why this happens? I'm currently running 1.12

help.gif

I don't often post here, but would like to say that this is the best, most stable release yet as far as I've tested. Still some niggly bugs according to the posts above, but I haven't run into any yet, and it's running glassy smooth.

Thanks for your continued work on this amazing game BI.

The perfomance in 1.12 is great but gameplay sucks.

1.08 version's gameplay is the best so far.

And do you have arguments to reinforce that kind of assessment ?

icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

recoils,default zoom,the way that player moves (from running to sprint) etc...

Everyone experienced player can feel the difference between 1.08 and 1.12 gameplay.

do you have arguments to support 1.12?

icon_rolleyes.gif

lad the recoils in 1.12 feels like Battlefield 2. When you where shooting the weapon was coming down in a random position now it just "kicks" upwords and a little right. Generaly the aiming system is not hardcore any more, anyone i mean ANYONE can play ArmA now we played via lan with my girlfriend and a WoW guy it was so easy for them.

The running speed is rediculous and the constant zoom makes you feel dizzy, its like the camera focuses on the center and 50 cm (1 foot i think in front of your head). Finnaly Turning your head is like a machine it turns with great speed which doesnt allow you to look around...

The only good things are the turning speed of the AT and the performance and something else that had not to be in any version but at the beggining is the sound if you are in vehicle or outside... the gameplay is totaly ruined and if ArmA2 has the same type of gameplay i think that the game will totaly fail...

icon_rolleyes.gif

lad the recoils in 1.12 feels like Battlefield 2. When you where shooting the weapon was coming down in a random position now it just "kicks" upwords and a little right. Generaly the aiming system is not hardcore any more, anyone i mean ANYONE can play ArmA now we played via lan with my girlfriend and a WoW guy it was so easy for them.

For what do you complain?

The Recoils are pretty realistic and they were totally unrealistic prior to 1.09b.

You ever shot a M16/AR-15? If you don't have then look in youtube videos or else! In realitiy they simple have no recoil which lets you barrel climbe or whatsoever at all.

Just two quick vids for you, because i have a good day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3zjqMq59tI&feature=related

and same goes for AK74:

Do you see any climbing barrels?

I don't and i have additionally already shot the AR15 in USA vacations. icon_rolleyes.gif

... everyime the same shit complains against new recoils from unexpereinced people.... icon_rolleyes.gif

from my military experience, the recoil was up 'n right...

though, i might have misunderstodd what you ment Cydon.

btw, shooting an assault rifle isn't hard, using it efectivly on the other hand,. is.......

edit : mr.g-c beat me to it.

ohhh, and i'm talking about 7.62, not the smaller 5.56mm rounds

from my military expirience the recoil was not up n right not with M16 not with G3 and not even with AK...

ANYONE can play ArmA now we played via lan with my girlfriend and a WoW guy it was so easy for them.

Oh no - Arma is playable!

A little elitist of you, don't you think?

Everyone experienced player can feel the difference between 1.08 and 1.12 gameplay.

do you have arguments to support 1.12?

Don't really know what you include in the term "gameplay" but if you pay some attention to the enemy AI detection routines you will notice that 1.12 Beta is superior compared to 1.08.

On top of that, just check the change log and you will see lots of fixes beyond that... Personally I haven't touched 1.08 since the 1.12 Beta was released!

/KC

ANYONE can play ArmA now we played via lan with my girlfriend and a WoW guy it was so easy for them.

Oh no - Arma is playable!

A little elitist of you, don't you think?

Well, it's a bit like if you said "eh, my brother is as good as me at driving in GTA ; but in Gran Turismo he sucks like hell... simulation or not, it's not fair !"

I think what he ment is that if you play the game just for once, you shouldn't be able to snipe/drive choppers/be invincible/whatever ; I am the first one to say that if I pick a M16 in real life, I wouldn't be able to shoot a man 30m away (or so) the first shot.

What you need in simulation is exercising, practicing, to perform better and better each time. Like for real.

The good thing with these patches is you do not want to get back to the previous versions, there are so many improvements you can't get back to an older version. The difference between 1.0 and 1.12 are such huge, is it the same game?

When you see huge production like BF2 which gameplay gets worst and worst through patches, you are happy when little and independant developper listens to its community as bis does.

It would be funny to see video games magazines/websites run a new test of arma in 1.12 or even 1.09 to see the evolution of their marks.

And i hope armed assault reputation will not affect arma 2 sales.

My thoughts may seem a bit naive, but my english is a bit poor.