Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.12

and maybe my mind plays tricks with me, but i think the new crisp look that 1.11 introduced is gone with 1.12. but i only did a quick comparison between 1.11 and 1.12. it might be a good idea to install 1.09 and compare with that...

I noticed that, too. I think it looked very nice the way it was in 1.11. It looked far better than the highly anti-aliased UI.

I'm not overly keen on the new FOV - it does feel too much zoomed in. I'm not 100% sure why others complained before about FOV, but the original FOV seemed ok for me.

Overall, a nice patch again, thanks BIS. The game runs better.

I never zoom in. I can't in real life, I don't wan't it in a game.

Well actually you can smile_o.gif but in RL it's called concentration. Or focus, or just really looking at one thing trying to see what it is. You can't simulate that on a fixed resolution screen so you're allowed to zoom. There's a lot of stuff you need to do to allow the player to overcome the limitation of playing with what is effectively a cardboard box over your head and a hole cut into it.

Actually it's the subject of a lot of egghead thinking when dealing with simulations, how to "simulate" concentrating on one small distant object. Flight simulators in particular are concerned with this. Believe it or not some simulators actually increase the size of the apparent 3D model of planes to simulate how you can concentrate on it.

Anyways, I'm sure there'll be mods or addons to change the FOV to all kinds of preferences. Myself, I didn't really notice a great change apart from a feeling of not moving quite as fast as I was before. TrackIR can overcome a lot of FOV shortcomings/dislikes smile_o.gif

Its great that "rocket jumps" with ags17 and mk19 are fixed notworthy.gif . But please make losing weapons in water choseble confused_o.gif

Its great that "rocket jumps" with ags17 and mk19 are fixed  notworthy.gif .  But please make losing weapons in water choseble  confused_o.gif

2nd that. It should be possible to adjust this behaviour, imho for mission makers, and possibly individual per unit.

Su-34's S8Launcher should have similar config to other FFARLaunchers smile_o.gif

Losing equipment in water - I do agree about it. I know it's irreal... but I wish it's defaults could be written to unit's config, and it could be changed for each item in equipment ("except of things of type" / "refers to the whole equipment") via init / script. I don't think that PM and M9 are too heavy to swim with.

1.12 looks to be quite nice. Thank you BI for the updates you've given us recently smile_o.gif

I've found the "player in cargo of BMP effective commander turn out" bug still exists.

To reproduce it in the mission editor :

Place a player unit & a crewed BMP2 (under the players command).

Start Mission.

Board the BMP2 in the cargo position.

The BMP2's crew will all turn out, irrespective of combat mode.

(we really need a new BTS...)

hi guys,

i managed to sort the vista/1.12beta low fps and stuttering issue on my system...... i know alot of people are trying to avoid SP1,but it has worked wonders for my system but anyway back to topic............. update to vista SP1 and get the update directx file here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloa....=20507b

it sorted the issue out... running everything very high and fps dosnt drop below 50fps  yay.gif  yay.gif

btw good job BIS  notworthy.gif

vista SP1 32bit

2.4ghz quadcore q6600

3 gig ddr2

8800 gts (512) newish1

running a VERY similar system to you pauld yet even with the update diretx i still get stuttering and most deffinatly dont get over 50fps on very high. Could you provide your graphics driver number as well as exact in-game sttings. thanks

Well actually you can smile_o.gif but in RL it's called concentration. Or focus,...

Yes, I can concentrate/focus on the objects on my lcd screen.

I'm playing airsoft, so I know how it feels to aim at someone.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

The patches have resolved some of the earlier problems encountered with the game. The new field of view appears too restrictive in my opinion though. It gives me the distinct impression of tunnel vision and significantly reduces awareness of the surroundings. I think the old setting did a better job of portraying the effect of peripheral vision, as it gave the player the opportunity to see a wider area without having to move the entire head. My vote would therefore go to restoration of the old values for the release version of the patch.

Regards,

Sander

I must say i like the FOV a lot better now(just make it selectable so that people don't nag your heads off).

All in all it looks like a rather good patch.

The classic reassign bug still is there though.

It's a nasty one for players that play non-respawn coops.

-start a map.

-someone joins late

-reassign

-the person that joined late still cannot select a spot

-you have to reselect the mission to solve this. Which tends to work on admins nerves.

My Vista 64 machine with 4gig ram is running flawlessly so far..

I never zoom in. I can't in real life, I don't wan't it in a game.

If I want to zoom, I use a weapon with an optic.

You must die a lot. wink_o.gif

I'm nto a great fan of the new FOV but as others have noted it can be turned off by toggling the zoom-out function. The only annoying thing is that if you are playing DM/CTF you have to do this every time you respawn. Any chance it could be made a persistent preference ?

I must say i like the FOV a lot better now(just make it selectable so that people don't nag your heads off).

All in all it looks like a rather good patch.

The classic reassign bug still is there though.

It's a nasty one for players that play non-respawn coops.

-start a map.

-someone joins late

-reassign

-the person that joined late still cannot select a spot

-you have to reselect the mission to solve this. Which tends to work on admins nerves.

This really should be fixed (and I guess it not that hard to fix) as the reassign function is a broken feature now (since arma was born)

great to see the grenade recoil and smoke is fixed. Just wondering why it wasnt fixed in 1.05 right away...

Bug--

Was playing singleplayer campaign and twice I encountered AI soldiers under my command being frozen in place while crouched.

Both times, they had a pistol out so it MIGHT be triggered by running out of ammo [then they switch to pistol, then they are stuck?].

The soldiers WILL rotate and look around just fine... but if I try to tell them to move, to perform an action [including to get a new weapon or reload ammo], all they do is point in the direction they were supposed to go, but remain stuck in crouched position [kneeling, not prone].

Finally gave up trying to get them to rejoin my formation and left them behind. I didn't run into this problem with 1.11, but not sure if it is new to 1.12.

I was playing the last missions where you clear out Bagango [and you are given control of about 10 soldiers].

Another nice patch, lots of little tweaks making Arma even more enjoyable - thank you smile_o.gif

*COUGH* upside-down T72/BMP2 *COUGH* *COUGH*

sry got a bit of a bad cough there whistle.gif

...but seriously, is this ever gonna get fixed? huh.gif

Still get these odd freezes...From time to time lasts for about

2-5 sec..

My specs:

AMD Phenom 9500

3Gb Ram

Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 512Mb

VISTA32

Sound: M-Audio Delta 1010LT

Running the game on LOW...Normal....High....

No changes in the freezing..

PS: ALL DRIVERS UP TO DATE

Beta 1.11 didn't have so many texture loading problems than this new Beta 1.12. Nearly in every mission some seconds to load textures properly.

- AI grenadiers shooting very bad with grenade launchers

- vehicle headlights are still switching on automatically if driver switched them of and got out - even in combat/stealth mode

- vehicle headlights go through walls and buildings

- vehicle stop lights go on even driver didn't hit the brake pedal

- explosion/burning effect if vehicles sink into water

+ better view/sight in vehicles eg. trucks, planes

+ recoil from MK19, AGS

+ better aiming with mouse

Well BIS could work on many things let's see if they get enough time for it. Next International Patch release would be appreciated. smile_o.gif

Seems like something is set up wrong with rifle grenade launchers. The AI are firing at a point far behind their target. The accuracy seems fine, it's just that they are aiming too far above the target.

That's why grenades always seem to land way behind you in combat and they almost never hit you.

FOV is user customisable and has been since OFP days http://community.bistudio.com/wiki....FOV.29.

Hi Walker,

It's adjustable and thats a great thing but there are side effects to this...

Since I prefer the old FOV I adjusted mine and the side effect is that it seems to somehow affect the 3D objects shown on the map screen?

Now it's very difficult to select the clock/compass/notepad/GPS on the map screen and drag them around, a thing I do alot with the compass when reading the map.

/KC

Beta 1.11 didn't have so many texture loading problems than this new Beta 1.12. Nearly in every mission some seconds to load textures properly.

- vehicle headlights are still switching on automatically if driver switched them of and got out - even in combat/stealth mode

- vehicle headlights go through walls and buildings

- vehicle stop lights go on even driver didn't hit the brake pedal

- explosion/burning effect if vehicles sink into water

+ better view/sight in vehicles eg. trucks, planes

+ recoil from MK19, AGS

+ better aiming with mouse

Well BIS could work on many things let's see if they get enough time for it. Next International Patch release would be appreciated. smile_o.gif

I've experienced none of the issues you mentionned, and I'm actually doing the whole campaign again to test the version 1.12 fully.

Strange...

Would be useful for BIS if they will provide some test cases for public release?

The changelog says what has been fixed, but how to test it? Sometimes it's trivial.

Not bad, it was running quite fine on my new computer. I hope that it brings some enhancements on older machines too.

I just regret to always find the same glitches or bugs since the first release.

For example :

-m4's aimpoint and its small transparent line (aim to the sky, you'll see it - hope devs won't use the same models in arma 2)

-vehicles glasses allowing you to see through walls

-hand or fingers going through weapons (I'm exagerating for this one maybe)

I wonder how the game manages memory. Having 4 gb, I'm surprised to see that a lot of free ram isn't used by the game even if it runs smooth.