Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

Request Polish Community Support

Hi,

As some of you already know, the Project'85 develops '85 Polish Troops as they were one of the biggest armies and would undoubtedly been the first troops to be in war in case of a direct conflict between the 2 blocks.

Here are some models under development

Image - 1

Image - 2

By our 3D/2D Gurus (Yac, Vilas, Topas..)

Therefore, some Polish voices are needed to record the following sentences, as I'm working on implementing a Polish DSAI system, in order to avoid having Polish troops talking russian.

Any help in these regards would be greatly appreciated:

Here is what is needed so far:

- Are your weapons reloaded?

- Reloaded and ready to fire Lieutnant!

- Enemy in front of us, suppress them machinegunners!

- Grenadiers, smack their heads!

- Fire, fire at will!

- Don't fall back or I will break your legs!

- Keep yours positions!

- Remain calm, don't stress!

- Damn, haven't you learned to report in?

- Go Prone!

- Go Prone, watch them, they are coming!

- Enemy Spotted!

- Enemy in front of us!

- Human presence out there, just behind the vegetations!

- What should we do lieutnant?

- Die american!

- Haha, we kicked these americans asses!

- Any help would be much appreciated,

Best Regards,

TB

Heh, don't expect something sophisticated in such situations, especially being as 2nd/1st class.

That's what you will generally hear, without exception and even nowadays.

Just check out some videos and attempt to seperate tactical/technical orders of basic privates and the number of swears during an engagement.

regards,

TB

Oh boy, I sure hope they don't come out lame, because the person saying them doesn't know how to put some emotion into his speech. If you do get people, tell them to try to not sound as if they are reading, but rather saying. They need to imagine the situation and say it as if they were there, with the yelling and whatnot. Usually sound bits come out as if they were reading a script and they sound poor. Very poor.

Heh, indeed, your post says it all.

A pinch of 'emotion' would be much appreciated as well. ;]

regards,

TB

Quote[/b] ] Haha, we kicked these americans asses!

Thunderbird, you wanna make Poland against US and A?

Im native polish speaker but I havent got good voice to record ;/

Don't worry about your voice, I can slightly modifie it to make it fit for the purpose, and thank you for your support!

Quote[/b] ]Thunderbird, you wanna make Poland against US and A?

US Army vs Warsaw Pact Troops/ Soviet Troops.

And the first release will feature US/Soviet/Polish troops but we envisage to gradually include more armies in the near future. (NVA/Bundeswehr..).

More informations on the Website.

regards,

TB

I also can help with this! I don't have military voice at all biggrin_o.gif

I don't have military voice at all biggrin_o.gif

Neither did the stock ArmA voiceactors, still they´re there biggrin_o.gif

@TB,. I am going in saturday to make some Airsoft Combat, I will record some of these sentences with my friends. I hope I will help ;]

Thank you very much for your support! and again, don't worry about your voices even if you are 12 years old, I will carry out the necessary modifications to make the voices sound 'young adultish'. ;]

Regards

TB

There is a member of QSF who is a native Polish speaker.  I will contact him and see if he is willing to help out.

EDIT: Looks like I posted too soon without checking my email.  I was just going to send him an email when I noticed that he sent me a message stating that he just had some dental work done, and as a result he cannot speak too well and is apparently not able to even eat normally yet.  I will let him know anyway and when he is better perhaps he can help you out if you still need the recordings done.

I can help too. I think my voice will be for this ok. Just contact me and say me what should I do.

Hey hey,

I'd like to help.

Here is a pack with my sounds. There is a lot of choises and variations. Not all really good, but I hope few will be enough.

Often I said something else, but the meaning is the same I think. Also in Polish Die American sounds really funny so I even did not try to say it (something else though).

Oh, and there is a lot of swearings smile_o.gif

You can download the pack from here:

http://szarego.net/arma/project85/sounds-project85.rar

I think these voices that you made are spectacular! They sound better than the ArmA default voice acting! And they need just a tiny tiny ammount of background noise removal. I think it's very nice that it doesn't sound as if you're bored doing this, nice job!

Thx mates smile_o.gif And you can call me Grey, as shinbusan is just a forum nick here.

Once I did a similar job for Silent War Mod for OFP, but I do not know if they did anything with that... Shame. But if someone would like to record such voice (polish strong accent or language) I am always more then happy to help.

If it will be used, please credit Grey from CFOG.

'Kurva...' reminds me something I heared in the army.. ;]

Thank you a bunch Grey, this is exactly what was needed, and it is very well played!

This helps a lot, and thanks to all those who contacted us by pm to help, I'm eagerly looking forward to the records.

Regards,

TB

'Kurva...'

"Ja pierdole", "Kurwa mać!" or "Jebać kapitalistów!" it sounds better. smile_o.gif

Really great, Grey! Is this your Job in RL?

Quote[/b] ]kurwa
- I wondered if polish speakers would use "kurwa" or "cholera", but I'm sure Grey choose more accurate word used by polish soldiers

Ouch ...

or do we speak about a local tradition?

Ouch ...

Heh, you can hear much worse in the french army. ;]

Once again, thanks to all those who helped us thus far, we have 2 separate voices, and 2 are expected to come soon.

Regards,

TB

!

Ouch ...

Polish officers says: "Ruszcie sie albo wam nogi z dupy powyrywam!!" translation: Move it! or I'll pull your leggs out!! no "Don't fall back or I will break your leggs!!" translate: "Nie wycofywać się! bo wam nogi połamie!" Russians Officers from Enemy at the gates says like that  smile_o.gif

Yeah, "Ruszcie sie albo wam nogi z dupy powyrywam" is way better.

Im so stupid mother fucker banghead.gif

Sorry TB