Sign in to follow this  
TokarevT33

Single-Player CTI

So, I'm looking for a dynamic single player experience since I cannot play Multi-player mode so easily (my internet connection sucks) I want a dynamic, persistent and alive campaign system with some RTS elements on it, everything Single-Player of course, so...Is there anything like this available for OFP or ArmA? or it is just a dream?

never actully tried it single player other than online make your own server to play...

or do you mean somthing that you can save and start where ya left off later ? if so i dought that

there is no really good CTI yet for ArmA there is Doolittle CTI but it just doesn't have that feel that MF provided sadly enough although ive not tried the last 10 versions eaither tounge2.gif i give him A+ for his efforts notworthy.gif

So, I'm looking for a dynamic single player experience since I cannot play Multi-player mode so easily (my internet connection sucks) I want a dynamic, persistent and alive campaign system with some RTS elements on it, everything Single-Player of course, so...Is there anything like this available for OFP or ArmA? or it is just a dream?

Short answer: no.

You can play CTI alone by creating a server and making sure the AI is in all the other slots, but CTI doesn't play like a campaign and there's no saving. CTI usually degenerates into small groups of men and units running around on their own capturing and re-capturing empty towns. It is already heavily scripted but there's no overall team strategy...the AI won't make coordinated offensives or anything like that.

The dynamic campaigns that are available play a bit differently but the ones I tried early on in the 'unscripted war' craze usually end up as You v The World against more randomly scattered, uncoordinated enemies. most of them are actually multiplayer missions so the player can respawn after being killed, and a multiplayer savegame system has been built but I never got it to work properly.

In order to get the enemy to behave in any coordinated manner it has to be a scripted, linear campaign, and that's the exact opposite of what you're looking for.