Sign in to follow this  
FIN-Nixo

Create own character

How can i create my own voice for my soldier?. like when they say on the radio "Fire", "2,3,4,5, Target that soldier" etc etc? Is it even possible.

How can i create my own voice for my soldier?. like when they say on the radio "Fire", "2,3,4,5, Target that soldier" etc etc? Is it even possible.

I'm not sure, but I remember someone released a mod that changes the radio chatter to a more "adult" version. Check the Complete and Discussions thread. It was released earlier this month. I can't remember what it was called exactly, it was something like Extended Voice AddOn. If you PM the person who created it, I bet he/she could help you out.

Or try posting something in one of the Scripting sections. That may be a better place to search for an answer. I'd imagine someone has inquired about this over there.

EDIT: I found the AddOn.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=72236

k. thanks... But is it possible to record MY own voice into this?

I'm not sure about that. I imagine a sound guru that made one of the many Sound Mods will know. Seek out one of them. I apologize, my knowledge is lacking in this area.

I'm not sure about that. I imagine a sound guru that made one of the many Sound Mods will know. Seek out one of them. I apologize, my knowledge is lacking in this area.

Ok...

Yep it is totally possible. What you need to do though is unpbo the sound addon... not sure which one that is in ArmA but with a bit of looking about you should find the right one. Then you need to record your voice saying every phrase in ArmA then save them all as .ogg then paste them over a charachter of your choice.

Repbo the addon, then in ArmA choose the same charachter name then he should say what you recorded.

It was done in OFP for Invasion 1944 I think, might be wrong about which mod but it was definately done.

Yep it is totally possible. What you need to do though is unpbo the sound addon... not sure which one that is in ArmA but with a bit of looking about you should find the right one. Then you need to record your voice saying every phrase in ArmA then save them all as .ogg then paste them over a charachter of your choice.

Repbo the addon, then in ArmA choose the same charachter name then he should say what you recorded.

It was done in OFP for Invasion 1944 I think, might be wrong about which mod but it was definately done.

Yes. I tried to Replace the reload sound of the m9 using that method. But the game crashed. But i'll try that. do you know if it is possible to add a new name? Like My name "Niko"?

or do i have to replace Dan or someone else from the Original game?