Sign in to follow this  
Staos

Real-time data export to unlocked files?

Unsure if this is the right place, but is there any way to export variables out of ArmA in real-time to a non-mutexed file? I realize that's a more VBS-class feature, but it's worth a try to ask. Basically I'm looking at four options I can think of:

1. "string" createVehicle [0,0,0] writes to arma.rpt. Problem is there is a mutex lock on arma.rpt when ArmA is running.

2. Create a dialog and copy and paste out. Too hard to automate unobtrusively.

3. Hint messages and screenshots. I'd have to muck around with some kind of OCR or OPR, and that's not really my cup of tea.

4. Hacking the memory. Not going to say anything about this for good reason.

I realize that unfettered data access between the game and an external source is a huge security risk, but is there any way to output it only that I'm not thinking of?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/saveStatus

Not sure if it works in ArmA the same as in OFp. IIRC Sinews of War MP save method in Flashpoint was based on this, though it was not used to export data from the game.

The objects.sav is probably rapified (binarized) like all other save files but that should not be a big problem.

Using vanilla ArmA, I understand output via ArmA.rpt is as good as it gets.

There are a few community external programs that add external file/data manipulation to ArmA (although not all live on these forums).

I've only used Voyagers's ArmA Extended Dll, and found it did all I needed.

Nutty Professor's tools live here, which are apparently more powerful/advanced, although I have not used them.

Awesome, that extended DLL looks like just what I need. Thanks.