Sign in to follow this  
lee_h._oswald

MIG 15 addon by Bdfy and Volksturm

Quote[/b] ]to get across is that bdfy's ethic's and morals when it comes to copyrighted material is rather lacking

can you forward me (at least indirectly if it's some kind of mystery) to the source that brought you to such a conclusion ?

Quote[/b] ]do you people actually care where custom content comes from?

yes, we care.

But what neph is trying to get across is that bdfy's ethic's and morals when it comes to copyrighted material is rather lacking.

How? I don't know of any copyrighted content that he has released huh.gif

I know about the "ArmAAddons" story but that's hardly relevant here. No copyrighted material was released by that 'business' (whatever you want to call it) as far as I know. Just a few show off videos on Youtube.

Nobody has proven any of these accusations, so until you can, leave the people alone icon_rolleyes.gif

It seems most people don't really understand the whole thing anyway.

Anyway it's a great addon. It's good to see stuff like this get released smile_o.gif

After all it clearly states in the readme he did'nt make it. (But why he is getting all the praise in beyond me lol).

He made the config and scripts. If you think that's nothing then you need to try it yourself. Configing and scripting a plane to work not only properly, but well is no easy work.

le sigh. First of all, I did not accuse. I merely repeated what neph said. Secondly not once did I say he has done 'nothing' I was refering to the model and texture work as people seemed to think he was the one who did it. I'm fully aware of the work that goes into to scripting an addon. I'm sorry if my post was not clearer. I'll not make the same mistake again.

le sigh. First of all, I did not accuse. I merely repeated what neph said. Secondly not once did I say he has done 'nothing' I was refering to the model and texture work as people seemed to think he was the one who did it. I'm fully aware of the work that goes into to scripting an addon. I'm sorry if my post was not clearer. I'll not make the same mistake again.

lol, sorry if I seemed offensive and bitchy, but seeing the general tone in this thread I thought you were accusing.

I have now been flying for hours with this plane...

This addon is indeed INCREDIBLE ! It's like I'm playing a god damn flight sim ffs...

Class

even though i can't understand your 'lol'ing about selling his _own_ addons, it's clearly said in the readme that model was made by volksturm wink_o.gif

FSX's Mig-15 costs 150$ wink_o.gif you think there can be altruists to buy it and convert to arma ? biggrin_o.gif get real wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]to get across is that bdfy's ethic's and morals when it comes to copyrighted material is rather lacking

can you forward me (at least indirectly if it's some kind of mystery) to the source that brought you to such a conclusion ?

yes, we care.

Considering that you are armaaddons/bdfy/Astanid I think you're not exactly an unbiased source of opinion, and considering that I myself have seen evidence that you offered to steal/convert and sell models from other games I think you're a hypocrite, every clone you make of yourself simply shows you up more and more for the loser you are, get a clue, nobody wants to buy your stolen addons.

Accusations of plagiarism without proof stop right here, right now.

Let's keep it civil and enjoy the addon, without getting into discussion of moderator decisions or plagiarism.

smile_o.gif
Considering that you are armaaddons/bdfy/Astanid I think you're not exactly an unbiased source of opinion, and considering that I myself have seen evidence that you offered to steal/convert and sell models from other games I think you're a hypocrite, every clone you make of yourself simply shows you up more and more for the loser you are, get a clue, nobody wants to buy your stolen addons.

huh.gif

Wherever this plane came from, I like it very much.

I wish someone could make a simple MP deathmatch mission with this magnificent plane, with respawns at airfield.

Dogfights inlove.gif

I wish someone could make a simple MP deathmatch mission with this magnificent plane, with respawns at airfield.

Dogfights inlove.gif

At the end of this week, OTK will release few MP missions with MIG-15. Watch for news.

even though i can't understand your 'lol'ing about selling his _own_ addons, it's clearly said in the readme that model was made by volksturm wink_o.gif

FSX's Mig-15 costs 150$ wink_o.gif you think there can be altruists to buy it and convert to arma ? biggrin_o.gif get real wink_o.gif

yes, we care.

so, are my doubts still THAT way off track?

my thoughts are the same as placebo´s...

Which brings me to my next question do you people actually care where custom content comes from?

From all the threads about stolen addons ( or parts ) quite a few by me ( the threads, not the stolen addons tounge2.gif ) i remeber that the echo of the community back then was like 80% saying

"omg just gimme the addon i dont care where its from!"

Doubt that has changed much since the OFP days, casual ArmA players wont give much about copyrights if they just get a nice toy.

Oh and before anyone gets me wrong, this is not about the Mig-15 here its just a answer to the question wink_o.gif

this is just simply amazing work very well done man notworthy.gif

@Shadow NX

Well yeah, that attitude is seen a bit on the previous page by several people, not naming. It's rather a shameful attitude if you ask me.

The aircraft looks great, very damn sexy and the campaign is great too, but the bird doesn't really leave a whole lot in the ways of gameplay. I understand its an old aircraft but in terms of Arma basic, all aircraft have openable doors of some sort and moving flaps, right now the craft only has a moving rudder, it seems sort of..static.

I remeber that the echo of the community back then was like 80% saying

"omg just gimme the addon i dont care where its from!"

...casual ArmA players wont give much about copyrights if they just get a nice toy.

Exactly why it has to HAMMERED into people's heads that it's not acceptable nor will be tolerated.

Haven't tried the plane yet. It looks great. Hope it's not stolen. If it is, it gets deleted.

Hi, i don't know why the people is arguing here about the copyright

of the things, i think that there is a thread about that in the Off-Topic

section of the forums; and seems that no one here have nothing

to say to the model/textures authors or to bdfy as scripter because

he has been banned from this forum and the only place that he reads

is the armedassault.info forum. If you ask me... i think that this whole

thread should be deleted because it don't adds anything or offers

anything to the mig-15 creators and only seems to serve for argue

(without a clear reason to do it) about the copyright of the addons

itself. So... well, please, close this thread. Let's C ya

huh.gif

Guess I don't know the whole story myself then.

Anyway, the model and texture creator is already known. So in this particular case it doesn't look like there was any 'stealing'. So until there is evidence, let's just enjoy the addon smile_o.gif

Who speaks all that addon is stealing, cannot simply make something with the same quality. They cannot imagine that enthusiasts are capable to create such addon. Therefore thay approve that it stealing. Try to prove it. At you it will not be possible do this. Know why? Because it not stealing. It of simply such level of which you are not capable.

One more thing - here is a some few people, who make a really good things, so it does not about tham. Thay dont say "stealing" becouse thay know - it really possible.

You always took offence at Russian which criticized your works. You considered that we are not tolerant, rough, we scoff and simply we are rude. Yes, at times we criticized a little roughly. But we so have got used. We so criticize at ourselves at our forums.

And people who have a brain - understand that it is impossible to take offence at criticism. It is necessary to listen and think - what if critic is right? Can really will is better to change something?

And, here, an example excellent addon. It is made by those who you criticized.

And now - feel a difference.

Have felt?

I will no answer on the commentary to this message. I said everything that i want. Who take care about this - thay understood. But who offended - it doesn't care me. This was the "scream of soul", after reading of your posts. On the our  forums the people speak the same. When they read this topic.

Sorry for my poor english language.

what the..

its not because he´s russian or whatever, drop that attitude...

theres other people from all different countries, perfectly capable to achieve similar results and get good responses for it.

rethink what you just said, but i guess its your opinion so whatever...

the point is, that he used several (bdfy aka whoever) aliases on this forum, trying to sell his and other peoples addons, which he simply ripped off (that site was still up and running last time ive checked), which is basically a) illegal and b) it breaks the unwritten law of seeking permission from the original author.

that´s why i am pretty suspicious about the whole thing.

if he really made it himself, fine, my hats of to him.

but for now hes a prick.

Quote[/b] ]@Shadow NX

Well yeah, that attitude is seen a bit on the previous page by several people, not naming. It's rather a shameful attitude if you ask me.

The aircraft looks great, very damn sexy and the campaign is great too, but the bird doesn't really leave a whole lot in the ways of game play. I understand its an old aircraft but in terms of ArmA basic, all aircraft have open-able doors of some sort and moving flaps, right now the craft only has a moving rudder, it seems sort of..static.

Show me a better/ or at least equal aircraft made by community. There is a good chance there will be no addon of better quality and campaign; till the game gets forgotten with ArmA II.

This is exactly the art of attitude of criticism that nobody can like here. Another addon-makers who done much more less get their support, but here talented addon makers get really discriminated for what they said/ wrote in the past.

Do you really believe that a guy who said a wrong/ incorrect sentence or has / had different point of view (and was banned for it) can't do good work?! There is at least good support from talented teams and members on the Russian forums.

You write it is static... for you. An standard ArmA Hummer is kind of static too: you can't not open any doors, soot through open windows or at least deploy different weapons on the hatch. But you play and like the game and have here about 1400 posts since 2004... An aircraft that is made for 1 person flying has all the functions that are needed for good play and looks photo realistic

- don't download if you don't want to.

Quote[/b] ]that´s why i am pretty suspicious about the whole thing.

if he really made it himself, fine, my hats of to him.

but for now hes a prick.

Show us the site pls... before that happens there is no real proof.

Make a Sabre or sth. like it with the quality of THIS MIG and become a "prick".

nephilim

Quote[/b] ]addons, which he simply ripped off

Why? Why do u think so? "Just because it too good"? Or u have a

specific grounds? Or smthng? Otherwise, it's simple boorishness against the Bdfy & Volksturm.

Answer please.

This is the official forum of the community, and not ur homepage.

Respect community, if you do not respect yourself.

and it goes on and on.... band.gif

close the thread? whistle.gif

i think - it is not necessary, if some kind of people here will calm down and stop fluding about "stealing" and "trade" and something like this.

Hey guys , if is this "illegal" , can u confirm it or better show some evidence ?  huh.gif

Right