Sign in to follow this  
lee_h._oswald

MIG 15 addon by Bdfy and Volksturm

Quote[/b] ]I wonder if he actually made that thing at all...

been quite much trouble with that guy.. aka astanid aka aka

try to sell his addons lol...

You think it is another import from FSX?

even though i can't understand your 'lol'ing about selling his _own_ addons, it's clearly said in the readme that model was made by volksturm wink_o.gif

FSX's Mig-15 costs 150$ wink_o.gif you think there can be altruists to buy it and convert to arma ? biggrin_o.gif get real wink_o.gif

2nephilim

I wonder if he actually made that thing at all...

been quite much trouble with that guy.. aka astanid aka aka

try to sell his addons lol...

What are hell you try to say?

look at the readme

Quote[/b] ]Authors:

volksturm - model, textures

bdfy - config, scripts, project coordination

I think that you're simply envy child

Quote[/b] ]I think that you're simply envy child

that was my thought

Bdfy is or was (i don't know currently) a member of FDF ww2. He is well known for his amazing planes.

Volsturm (I read that in the Armed assault.info forum) is pro gamedev artist

Stop your stupid accusations nephilim ... band.gif

Sweet looking bird!!!

Can't wait to try it out smile_o.gif

Any more Mig's in the pipeline??? Would be great to see som in SLA colours too...

Let us all be friendly and happy about an addon with 99,9% Quality!

I love this aircraft and it is another reason for me, playing ArmA(without the linux dedicated).

MfG Lee

I have to add, this addon is brilliant! Good old convoy strafing runs xmas_o.gif

this is by far the *best* plane for ArmA. period! i never had so much fun flying a plane in arma, it's amazing what can be done with this flight-model. off course the improved rudder-characteristics help a lot. with almost none existing avionics in ArmA a plane of the 50ies fits very vell in the games' limitations. great choice imo!

also the campaign seems to have the standard i have hoped for after playing the outstanding gloria campaign by otk. i only finished mission 1 and started 2, but it looks very promising.

thank you guys for this great addon and campaign!

What I would like to see is support for international versions of this plane to include North Vietnamese Vietnam War era versions, Chinese versions, North Korean versions, and (important for my mod) Egyptian/Syrian versions for historic combat missions.  Even better would be Mig-17 and Mig-19 aircraft.   Nevertheless for Korean War missions, this plane is amazing.  The main problem is that, other then for fictional missions where RACS or the SLA is forced to use an ancient aircraft, it really has no realistic opponents in ArmA.  

For that reason I hope that these guys continue to make amazing planes, but that they also make planes that can be used with slightly more modern addons that are already out there.  My mod is eager to begin work on our historical stuff so I hope addon makers like them will assist us and other Middle East mods who could really benefit from their talent.

Likewise I'm sure the VTE mod could really use a Mig-17 from them.  

If not, then I hope that Footmunch will allow for his old models to be ported over to ArmA as they were fairly solid addons that looked nice and flew nice.  Granted they weren't quite to this level of perfection (in this Mig-15 addon), but they still were damn good and his F-16 shows that he's very much learning and adapting and improving all the time.   So if these guys don't want to share as a "f*ck you" to the ArmA community then thats fine.  There are other community minded addon makers out there.  But I hope that they won't act that way and that they will come back into the community as respected and cherished addon makers.  

Besides...if this is the normal quality of their work, I think that if they want to make $$$ off of their addons, that they should possibly lobby BIS to allow them to make a Korean War Mod that would be an addon pack for ArmA2. BIS is known to hire the finest talent from the community so I think that all will be forgiven and that they have a honored place in the community (and maybe even paid contracts with BIS or other companies that see their talent) if they don't act like asses.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sweet looking bird!!!

Can't wait to try it out smile_o.gif

Any more Mig's in the pipeline??? Would be great to see som in SLA colours too...

Just to clarify things. I didn't mean the Mig15 in SLA colours. I meant the more modern ones like Mig21

Anyways... Really enjoying flying around in this beauty smile_o.gif

Hi, i don't know... you can call me mad but... if the autor/autors

has been banned from the official forum i think that the people

should register into the Armedassault.info forums and then the

creators will may hear the people's sugestions aside of support

a bit more the Armedassult.info ; but i don't know... i could be

wrong... . Let's C ya

I´m not accusing i just have doubts...

the model sure is great, kudos to the author...

just the whole thing around places it in a different light...

thats all...

Quote[/b] ]UgolSkosa :

Yeah right...

Regardless, from an outside perspective one may see that as an accusation of theft. Unless someone steps up with proof, that's not fair to the creators. Intended or not, you gotta know posting something like that could be interpreted as an attack.

Getting back to my brief assessment..

At first glance I'm quite impressed by your work, guys. I admit I've not had it in game for more than a few hours but it's well done and quite fun to fly. Well done gents!

I think ShadowNX's post said it all. I can't remember the last time I played an air based mission/campaign and enjoyed it. I'm having a blast.

Thanks guys! After I log a bit more time in this beast, I'll be sure to give a more in depth assessment. So far, I'm loving this new toy.

biggrin_o.gif

I´m not accusing i just have doubts...

the model sure is great, kudos to the author...

just the whole thing around places it in a different light...

thats all...

Quote[/b] ]UgolSkosa :

Yeah right...

The fact that there has been a lot of plagiarism surrounding ArmA I think that we reserve the right to be suspicious of anything and everything (as neph and indeed I am) but until the day when there is conclusive proof as to if something is stolen or lawfully converted / created then we just gt on with things.

I have no doubts that the plane is fantastic I just have concerns for some of the ArmA community's ways of obtaining material.

Hi, i personaly don't care from where this addon came from; to me

it came from the people named in the readme, and it's pointless to

discuss it's supossed procedence just because "it looks too good",

then we could say the same about any OFP Lavos addon and some

others too. Nephilim don't have nothing to envy i think, those who've

seen the screenshots of the AK74M's and some other russian infantry

weapons that the chick was working on and that we are still waiting

for... knows what she can do and how; so another pointless thing

down. Do you wanna know more about this addon...!? then head

to the armedassault.info forum and ask the man; im sure that he'll

be more than happy to reply to anyone that have something to

ask, in a forum where he hasen't been banned. Talk to the man.

Let's C ya

great plane, lot of fun to fly it.

oh, and its sad to hear bdfy is banned. confused_o.gif

WOW niiiiice !

Damn fun to fly this beauty.

One small "problem", the ailerons move the wrong way when I turn. ;p

...gotta go flyin'

Very nice aircraft,and the detailing is almost photo realistic. Even though the knobs and switches don't work I'd like to find a listed diagram of a mig-15 cockpit. Just to see what does what smile_o.gif

I'm still using ARMA befor the 1.11 patch and this plane handles itself very well in a dogfight. It was performing spinning dives and ground hugging all in the same move.

I recommend using the the IRAN IRAQ border map, and set veiwdistance to max.

And yes this mig works well against ground targets to...found out first hand when attempting a ground assault on the airfield. We got buzzed up just by canon fire alone.

Need a few F-86'S now wink_o.gif

Hope an mig-17 is in the works, maybe a mig-17pm to.

Great work!

I like how many shitty addons released on BI Forums get their "amazings" here. And when someone made really good model - public became suspicious, adding dangerous word "plagiate" to their responses. Know what? You don't like it, you're suspicious of it or there's something else about this addon, that makes you feel you've got critical days - don't download it and don't post your proveless posts. It's real rudeness to undoubtedly talented creators of this addons.

Just finished the campaign and it really is a masterpiece!

The radio chatter, the music and the realistic setup ( loved that you later had to use the unpaved airfield ).

Just so much fun to hunt helicopters with this bird.

Only thing bit problematic was the mission with the vulcan on the island but once you had finished that mission you knew how the stuff works and how to drop bombs right.

The whole feeling is just great, especially when you drop the bombs and then hold Alt to have freelook and see how the bombs hit the target behind you.

So, thanks to the makers, you really made me enjoy ArmA again ( also kudos to BIS that did a good part of that with patch 1.11beta )

Accusations of plagiarism without proof stop right here, right now.

Let's keep it civil and enjoy the addon, without getting into discussion of moderator decisions or plagiarism.

NSXr

Do not pay attention - there is obviously medical diagnosis wink_o.gif

Shadow NX

As author of campaign it is pleasant to me to read posts like yours smile_o.gif

btw, discussion about campaign in this topic:link

Accusations of plagiarism without proof stop right here, right now.

Let's keep it civil and enjoy the addon, without getting into discussion of moderator decisions or plagiarism.

I don't think anyone is accusing him of nicking it. After all it clearly states in the readme he did'nt make it. (But why he is getting all the praise in beyond me lol).

But what neph is trying to get across is that bdfy's ethic's and morals when it comes to copyrighted material is rather lacking. Which brings me to my next question do you people actually care where custom content comes from?