Sign in to follow this  
$able

BattlEye problems

Regarding "Client not responding": It is known to happen when a player is in "Receiving..." state (black screen) for a long time after joining the game - depending on his connection. This is related to the BE integration code and will be fixed in the next version.

You shouldn't be kicked for that while playing though - except if a client loses connection due to a game crash of course.

Please also try the new BE Server version (you get it via auto-update). Some improvements have been made regarding this and other matters.

I received "Client not responding" error couple of times just after i started playing (ie after lobby and receiving). It kicked me off the game. I reconnected and it was OK.

Today i had reports it kicked off half the players on my server but wasnt there to comfirm that

(Enverex here)

What happened was that for about 20 minutes it seemed fine, but then it started seeming to lag heavily, as in very badly. People then started being kicked off by battleeye almost randomly (you'd get the "Losing Connection" message from them first) then they'd rejoin a little later after having been kicked off by BattleEye.

About 20 minutes after that started I noticed no-one was joining the server anymore and then slowly one by one BattleEye was kicking off everyone from the server, the amount of players dropping from 15 slowly down to nothing. If you try and rejoin the server while it is in this stage you will just end up the the ArmA logo and freeze in the "Connecting" stage, you'll never reach the lobby.

I don't understand what may be causing this though, 1.11 and BattleEye were fine the other day...

Enverex = niteshade from devgru? lol.

Anyway back to topic. The day i put 1.11 on server with battleye i noticed problems with high desync when players would join and yellow boxes which wasnt a problem on 108. And because its a beta patch then we can exspect some problems.

@crawler75: Yes, I posted this as a temporary workaround on the first page.

@NightShade & brit~XR, I am sorry, but I doubt any of this lagging is actually related to BattlEye. Maybe the server was just generally lagging at that time? Regarding "Client not responding", as I said above, please try the new BE Server version - except for immediate kicks after joining. And when a player loses connection it is most likely due to a game crash, so obviously he will be kicked.

I don't know if it is actually a problem, also there is no thread for 1.11 beta with battleye, so I decided to write here just a note about:

Quote[/b] ]BattlEye Server: Update successfully completed. Restarting...

BattlEye Server: Initialized

I'm using dedicated windows server (1.11). I don't know why, but sometimes this message above repeats a lot of times for no reason. Interval is around 1.5 minute.

Is my assumption correct that you are running two or more servers from one ArmA installation? The server fails to overwrite the old BE dll (because it's in use by the other process) but doesn't display an error message and just reloads the old dll.

Even though there should be error messages, this doesn't work anyway. You need to specify a different BE path for at least one of the servers using the -bepath= command line option. You can use a relative path, e.g. -bepath=server2 which creates a folder called server2 in the BattlEye folder in ArmA's application data directory and loads BE from there.

You need to specify a different BE path for at least one of the servers using the -bepath= command line option. You can use a relative path, e.g. -bepath=server2 which creates a folder called server2 in the BattlEye folder in ArmA's application data directory and loads BE from there.

What is the default path again?

The default is C:\Documents and Settings\[user Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\BattlEye.

it seems BattlEye suffers form of agressive 'timeout' lot of players get's all of sudden timeouts in mid gameplay etc. (Windows Server2003)

I can't confirm this. I have played on servers for quite some time and everything seems fine (except for the described problems).

What do you mean with "timeout"? Players losing connection and then getting kicked (which is normal)?

on server with 3-20 players ,

each player loose connection from time to time (randomly between 1 to 60m) ...

with timeout out msg from BattlEye ...

also like each 5th try to rejoin the BE fails to connect and player is blocked from join because BE failed to communicate ...

also if there is some desync on server - player connection then BE is sensitive and player gets kicked often ...

well I used the Battleye=0; like u suggested and its still being initialized am I missing something?

well I used the Battleye=0; like u suggested and its still being initialized am I missing something?

I use same (BattlEye=0) and it does not initialize (with BattlEye=1 it does), but with or without it initializing the same amount of system resources (sorry for lack of technical terms) are being used the second the arma.exe server is started.

Just an observation.

Another thing. With BattlEye=1, my Commit Charge goes up every few seconds (with nobody on server) but with BattlEye=0, it fluctuates a little, goes up a little then comes down a little, but stays pretty much in the same range (normal behavior I would assume).

Once again, just an observation... I know the same has been said by others, so I'm sorry if it's pointless information. whistle.gif

Mosh

Hi

Last night 1 of the people on our server kept getting booted from the server. At first he couldn't join, he was disconnected as soon as he joined. Then once he was in he was booted twice after a short time of play, the last time he was booted there was a message similar to "battlEye has kicked "player" and something about his memory" Sorry about the message I didn’t write it down. He rejoined and it seamed to work ok for about 1/2 an hour when he left. The guy is just a bit pissed off with battlEye. Unfortunately he is not the only 1 having connection issues with this batch (1.11) and battlEye. Is there any thing I can get him (them) to test on there machines or our server. I would like some good anti cheat in arma but need help to get it to work. He has already reinstalled battlEye twice I was told.

If you need more info please ask I will try to get it.

The default is C:\Documents and Settings\[user Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\BattlEye.

ok actually what I meant was on the server?

Example -BE=<default>

@Dwarden: As I said many times, please ensure that this only happens with BE enabled (1.11 of course). Again, from what I have seen I can't confirm that players are losing connection due to BE (I have played on a 30 players server). I haven't seen a problem while desync wasn't 0 either. But yes, if the server is completely unreachable for 30 secs or more, players will get kicked - this shouldn't happen, but if it does, it really is a server problem. Could you maybe give me the name of that server so I can check myself?

The join problem is known and about to be fixed by the ArmA devs.

@volkov956: I guess you don't tell the server to use this config then (use command line option).

@Mosh: Does this happen after just launching the .exe? Or only once a mission is started?

@Twisted1: At the moment, all he can do is wait for a new patch/hotfix.

@ViperMaul: It is the same path for the server.

Quote[/b] ]Does this happen after just launching the .exe? Or only once a mission is started?

No mission loaded, immediately upon server creation.

I was just curious since some people seem to not be able to turn BattlEye off (it seems I can). I understand (if I read correctly) that Arma reserves 500 MB for something (1.11 thing?) so it wasn't the resources being used at server launch I was wondering about, it was the constant rising of the commit charge when BattlEye was initialized (with nobody on and no map loaded).

And I'm really sorry for the lack of technical terms... I'm a construction worker, not a computer guru (although sometimes I think I am).  whistle.gif

Mosh

@volkov956: I guess you don't tell the server to use this config then (use command line option).

I using the same config file for Viewdistance/Server Connection/Admin Password and etc and those work but adding in the Battleye command = no change

@Mosh: When I start a server and don't join, commit charge stays the same.

@volkov956: I don't know what you are doing wrong here then.

Is my assumption correct that you are running two or more servers from one ArmA installation? The server fails to overwrite the old BE dll (because it's in use by the other process) but doesn't display an error message and just reloads the old dll.

Even though there should be error messages, this doesn't work anyway. You need to specify a different BE path for at least one of the servers using the -bepath= command line option. You can use a relative path, e.g. -bepath=server2 which creates a folder called server2 in the BattlEye folder in ArmA's application data directory and loads BE from there.

Yep, i'm running two servers, but they are in separate directories and -profile path is different. Also in the second BattlEye directory I see BEServer.dll.new, so I suppose you're right about blocking access by another process, but I don't understand why it is so in my case.

Messiah, because BattlEye is always loaded from the appdata directory to have write access (has nothing to do with profile path).

Use the -bepath option.

@volkov956: I don't know what you are doing wrong here then.

Well here is my Server Config Snippet incase u see anything

"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma_server.exe" config=server.cfg -mod=DBE1 -mod=beta -mod=@mods

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

Hostname="Sudden Command";

passwordAdmin=xxxxxxxxx; // password to protect admin access

voteMissionPlayers=1; //amount of players to vote mission after one ends used after map rotation.

voteThreshold=0.15;

maxPlayers=42;

motdInterval=5;

kickduplicate=1; // do not allow duplicate id

persistent=0; //keeps game server running after players leave 0=off 1=on

equalModRequired=0; //Makes Players who join have to have the same mod folder as server to be able to join.

MinErrorToSend = 0.000001; //Creates More Data sent Removing blipping AI

BattlEye=0;

// Message of The day

motd[]=

{

"Welcome To Sudden Command",

};

From all our testing and our 30+ ArmA client servers we found that BE is not causing any memory leaks, other then minor player connection problems it seems to be ok

volkov956, "config=server.cfg" -> "-config=server.cfg". smile_o.gif

oh crap that must of got changed when I made the new shortcut for 1.11 confused_o.gif thnx

Battle Eye is off yay.gif no more having clients lag when joining while Battleye Client Updates