Sign in to follow this  
Ryujin

Stryker Overhaul

just a quick observation, but for those vehicle clutter objects like AT4's and M4's, I assume you're using proxies rather than copying in the entire model?

Are those strykers going to be in Desert camo?

Check page 2.

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed reply

@Vultar: yeap, (page dos), I will be texturing them in both the "Fresh Green" paint as if they had just rolled off the bed of a C-130, and a Dirtied up, faded paint job (as seen in Iraq or Afghanistan or other desert theatres).

@Messiah: I assume he did as well, but I am not certain, he will be getting home around 4:00 GMT(Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT -5 hours ) and he can answer any questions you have.

atm the clutter objects are not proxies, still figuring them out as this is my first O2 model and I didn't know you could do that. So far performence has been fine, but I'll change em out later for proxies.

Okay, I have seen several sources telling me Strykers are painted in a "Field Green" paint scheme, but several other stating Olive Drab... Do we have any professionals out there that can tell me the *actual* paint color used on the Strykers?

Its really bugging me, as I have the entire striker mapped off in Photoshop and all its really waiting for is me to come over it with the *correct* color...

depends on wich batch from wich model..... seems some strykers are a light field green and some are more an olive color.  Seems it is just what batch of CARC paint that they use. the most common is the "Euro Field Green CARC" color.

do you need any photos? if so wich models i can get them.

Okay, I have seen several sources telling me Strykers are painted in a "Field Green" paint scheme, but several other stating Olive Drab... Do we have any professionals out there that can tell me the *actual* paint color used on the Strykers?

Its really bugging me, as I have the entire striker mapped off in Photoshop and all its really waiting for is me to come over it with the *correct* color...

depends on wich batch from wich model..... seems some strykers are a light field green and some are more an olive color.  Seems it is just what batch of CARC paint that they use. the most common is the "Euro Field Green CARC" color.

do you need any photos? if so wich models i can get them.

I greatly appreciate your reply, it has helped my track down the color I needed.

About those photos, Do you have access to a real stryker to take reference pictures of?  smile_o.gif

Also, I'm looking for a High-res photo of a Sceptor MFC, preferebly that Olive Drab/ Field Drab color:

http://data.primeportal.net/apc/lethcoe/stryker/stryker_12_of_13.jpg

If you know anyone with a fuel tank like this, some high resolution shots of the Front, Back, and sides would be greatly appreciated.

Beginning scripting work on the IVIS passive tracking system is looking good so far.

little off:

@Ryujin

What made your mind to move from Crysis modding to arma ? AFAIK Crysis is much more flexible and easy edited engine... looking strange that you come to arma

I didn't abandon crysis, this is just a side project.

So I cant wait to replace BIS little strikers with this monster^^

I love your work, keep going.

~

Maybe uparmored humvees arfter this project? With the tower, bulletproof glasses, shield etc wink_o.gif

I have no idea of whats next, there has been some nudging towards a HMMWV pack, but we'll worry about whats next when we finish this.

Uparmored humvees are even better (I like them more) than strykers , so it will be great to have them after this great stryker pack. smile_o.gif

Sorry for OT, just giving my opinion. whistle.gif

Keep up the good work. notworthy.gif

I have no idea of whats next, there has been some nudging towards a HMMWV pack, but we'll worry about whats next when we finish this.

An uparmored CROWS HMMWV could be pretty cool.

How about an H2 Hummer with 24" wheels and 4 15" subwoofers in the back? Hehe, an uparmored humvee would be cool. Especially if you could make them look really used and mix some of the colors up. When I was in Iraq in 2005, the majority of the humvees and other trucks looked like they were out of the MadMax movie as units were adding armor themselves. Some dudes even got in trouble for having a live claymore wired to the front of their humvee, lol.

Lmao, howbout we spare the Hummer talk for when we decide to tackle the hummers? Lol, it is very possible that Hummers will come next (up-armored of course, what are you silly?).

Right now all of the focus is on getting these Strykers released. There is still tons of work to do, Ryujin has a few models to hammer down still, Frederfs scripts are still wip, I am having issues with High-Definition textures (it seems ArmA was Made to look like crap), and there are still new effects, animations, scripts, and sounds to be made, we are a good chunk of time for release atm. I have a break this week (so I am basically full-time Crunching these textures getting pissed at them and stuff) and Ryujin is on spring break next week, so there will be a lot of progress hopefull made (Depending on how well and quickly these issues can be solved)...

Edit: @Monty- Lmao, A live claymore? ahaha, thats insane!

If you can get them looking this well (and even better with slats!wink_o.gif I'll be quite satisfied. I'm looking forward to the MGS, to tell you the truth, especially if it has a random-rollover script! biggrin_o.gif

Strykers

CameronMcDonald: you don't need a script, just a young teen driver who plays Gran Turismo on his shiny console wink_o.gif

If you can get them looking this well (and even better with slats!wink_o.gif I'll be quite satisfied. I'm looking forward to the MGS, to tell you the truth, especially if it has a random-rollover script! biggrin_o.gif

Strykers

Lmao! What a riot... (We will break-down in detail the effects of firing that massive cannon on the MGS and attempt to replicate those effects to a decent extent, I think you will be quite happy with the recoil, but Idk what we can do about random rollovers hehe)

2)Well, I can assure you they will look that well when we are done with them, I plan on making them look better, in-fact, browsing for reference textures I found a lot of the textures that Bis stole for their strykers, lol.

I am just hammering out some kinks with the High-Def textures, knowing Bis, and Bia, I am guessing those are just standard 1024x512 maps, I am working on 2048x1024 standard and 4096x2048 High-End for the textures, the real set-back here is upon conversion to .paa a ton of the quality is lost and several artifacts occur. <-- Im working on it, but the future looks gloomy :./ [Apparently there is a texture size limit of 2048x2048, I will replan my development and see where it takes me]

Edit: even at 2046  I am getting strange artifacting on my texture...

[whistle.gif] .Tga --> .Paa Conversion Degredation Help with High-Resolution Textures  [/whistle.gif]

What about a modern Bradley (M2a3)?

What about a modern Bradley (M2a3)?

This man has it spot on, I would love to see a Bradley or an AAV for Marines... biggrin_o.gif

Agree, the lack of an M2 is sorely killing me, and my 1ID blokes. smile_o.gif Plus uparmoured HMMWVs are in the works by IMWM, that much we know.

It'd be nice if they were standalone and not with mods....

Plus, nice work with the Strykers! Can't wait for them to be released biggrin_o.gif

I dont want to hijack this thread again but Cameron, we dont know when does IMWM come out...it may be in months....so in my opinion its still better to make standalone uparmored humvees addon.

And as far as I know, Bradley will be released by vilas with BOSS retexture, but its long time ago since last update from them...(about desert textured Bradley)

Frederfs scripts are still wip

Frederf's scripts are VERY wip. I'm really trying to keep the net traffic low and the code modular to scale as the project scales.