Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

I need your help

Well I need your help and I need it clearly smile_o.gif

I want to make a Capture and Hold mission with :

- Time period of the mission (menu selection)

- Weapons selection dialog

- Flags change if territory is captured

- Weapons selection menu

- Respawn for players and vehicles

- Point system for each side

- Objective ending for each side depending on time

All these I need them combined and playable in a dedicated server so please explain to me step by step.

Can anyone help me ?

I've been searching and reading in many resources but I'm very confused after all.

Please don't tell me to open some CTF missions and take a look in there as I've alredy did that (still confused).

Any help will be much appreciated.

Sorry for my bad English sad_o.gif

Thanks in advance

Aplion

Still, I guess the best way to do it is to open an existing C&H mission and check the triggers and scripts and the description.ext as it somehow will be a very complex and "big" thing to explain here.

@Balschoiw - as already mentioned above, I did that without any success.

You see there are many different scripts in these missions used for the same purpose and thats confusing me.

Anyway my idea was to be used this topic as a complete guide for anybody want to make such missions and for this I'm asking from anyone its contribution on these items above.

I believe that many people in this community have very good mission ideas but no knowledge to make them, so ..... give a hand to us the noobs smile_o.gif

G'day, this topic covers a few of the jobs you have asked about it is availablehere

When you say a weapons dialog do you mean a popup ingame to select weapons, or the loadout selection at the start of a mission?

For a timer to end mission;

in the init add this line,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">nul=[] execVM "timer.sqf";

timer.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">End={

while{_this-round(time)>0}do{

hint format ["time left: %1 seconds",_this-round(time)];

sleep 1;

};

hint "Game Over...";

_marker = execVM "outro.sqf";

};

10 spawn End;

outro.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">0 fademusic 0;

playmusic ["ATrack8",144];

1 fademusic 1;

TitleCut ["","BLACK OUT", 0.5];

TitleText["Mission Failed!\n Time is up...\n\n Game Over","Plain Down"];

Over2=true;

exit;

That will give you a screen display countdown from 10sec untill the outro is fired, of course just edit the timer.sqf to suit your mission as the 10sec thing is just for testing.

Hope it helps

Odin

=Odin= thanks for your reply.

First I need a weapons selection menu at the beggining of the mission (not an ingame pop-up menu).

Now regarding the timer, I need to have a choice at the pool (before getting into the mission) for how many time will the map has to be played before ends.

Thanks anyway for the script you gave me and for the topic link.

Appreciated.

Aplion,

Do you realize how much you are asking? How about just asking someone to write the mission you want. That would be less work.

Mako

Rmakowsky,

I realize that all these I'm asking for are spreaded into many forum topics including this one.

My idea was to get all these knowledge into one topic as a detailed tutorial for anyone in the community.

I know that something like that needs to much time in order to be completed and many people has to give us some of their precious time. But I think that this will boost the community and for this reason it worth the pain.

I think that ArmA community in general has to be more united and much more organized (no offence to anybody please).

Anyway, concerning my needs I'll keep searching all these forums trying to find solutions to my problems instead of just asking.

Aplion,

If you wanted to make a tutorial for all the stuff you listed you would have made a title to this thread to that effect.

It just looks like you are trying to get everyone to do all of your work for you. How about taking one of those topics, trying to learn it and then if you are having trouble (ie, you have looked at examples, read the forums, tried things out for a period of more than a few hours) then ask a question.

Thanks,

Mako

Rmakowsky,

I've never asked from the community to do my work. I believe that if you perform a search about me you will find some true about it.

Anyway, if the topic title was wrong I apologize and I'm not asking anything further.

Please ignore this topic and lock it (moderator).

Thanks.

Here is a link for a Capture and Hold mission, you can merge it with your mission, that would be the easiest.

C & H

Here is a link for a Capture and Hold mission, you can merge it with your mission, that would be the easiest.

C & H

Thanks a lot my friend.

Cheers

Aplion,

Sorry if I seemed to be harsh. I mostly lurk here and see tons of posts from folks who have not even tried to look around first. I took yours that way and I was wrong to do so.

Good luck learning scripting and mission building in Arma and if I can help let me know.

Mako

Rmakowsky,

no hard feelings mate. wink_o.gif

Well, I sat down and created the mission for you... tounge2.gif

Actually, I released a mission recently that matches the limited criteria you specified. See Devastation mission.

Although it's probably more complex than you specified. A lot of the concepts will be the same and you may be able to refer to it.

Good luck.

The next version will have the actual Weapon Loadout dialog and weapon restrictions. That part is proving rather complex for detecting limiting and availability. Here's a rough WIP image:

th_Weapons.jpg

Much obliged Dr_Eyeball, I'll give it a try right now.

Many thanks again.

...... "Requires ArmA: v1.09beta/1.11beta+" sad_o.gifconfused_o.gif