Sign in to follow this  
hoz

1.11 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

One possible problem, I encountered is that in a self-made mission, my men wont board a boat anymore, unless it is positioned on land (where it can be boarded without going into the water.) This mission worked nicely, until I installed v1.11. I confirmed that it still works when starting Arma v1.08 using the old shortcut.

Could this be related to the changes in AI pathfinding for bridges?

I've got more results on debugging the no sky problem. When I run the game windowed (regardless of resolution), the sky appears perfectly fine. Yet in full screen I still get the bug no matter what I change the resolution to.

Hyrax0740, try running your game windowed and see if it fixes the bug for you. It's no permanent solution (not for me at least) but it should help in determining the cause of the problem. If this applies to everyone who's experiencing this bug it would be good to know their video and driver specs.

Hopefully someone at BIS is reading this, we could be pretty close to determining the reason for this annoyance.

How would i do that?

k It Sky works in windows mode, but doesnt in normal? any idea how to correct this?

Anyone knows how to fix the just-one-texture sky?

I can play, but it doesn't look nice :\

Try running the game windowed.

Hyrax0740, I'd inform BIS about that (perhaps in a PM to one of the devs), and ask if they were already aware of it. If so they might have started working on a fix.

After "upgrading" a dedicated server that me and my friends are running to version 1.11, we also have the same problem that some have here in which no-one can connect to the server!  mad_o.gif

When someone connects to the server he always get the messenge "Connection Failed".

When reverting to version 1.09, everything goes ok and everyone can connect.

I managed to connect to some servers running version 1.11 but not to our server.

So I also ask here if there are any solutions to this problem?

Thanks in advance for replies...

The only solution for now seems to be to connect to the server directly with a specific shortcut like this:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -noland -world=empty -connect=<IP address> -port=2302 -password=<password> -mod=beta

Thanks for the reply Hitman.

But this is still very strange. Isn't there any word from BIS about this problem?

I confirm that this sugestion worked ok.

But it's a bit of a cumbersome solution and not very practical.

But, I also noticed that some servers running version 1.11 can be connected thru the "normal way" of selecting them in the list of online servers.

So my question questions right now are:

-Were those servers that can be connected thru the "normal way" installed normally without doing anything else?

-Is there a way similiary to what Hitman sugested but done on the server side (instead in the "client" side) that can be done so that players can connect to a 1.11 ArmA server?

Thanks again in advance for replies...

like we said tons of times for now, the problem we're talking about affects non-dedicated servers, not dedicated servers (or at least, there seem to be a solution for them with modifying server cfg file).

That's why you can join several servers you see on the MP game list, and why you can't join other MP games that are simply hosted by players (that is non-dedicated servers).

smile_o.gif

Still, I can't believe this bug made its way through their testing process....unable to join an MP game hosted by simple players..... huh.gif

like we said tons of times for now, the problem we're talking about affects non-dedicated servers, not dedicated servers (or at least, there seem to be a solution for them with modifying server cfg file).

That's why you can join several servers you see on the MP game list, and why you can't join other MP games that are simply hosted by players (that is non-dedicated servers).

smile_o.gif

Still, I can't believe this bug made its way through their testing process....unable to join an MP game hosted by simple players..... huh.gif

Nikko,

I'm running a Dedicated Server and I can't connect to that that dedicated Server.

This means that the server that I'm setting up and connecting to isn't simply a hosted MP game wink_o.gif

so I'm still the ONLY ONE with the recoil bug?

No recoil? It's one of your addons.

smile_o.gif

Nikko,

I'm running a Dedicated Server and I can't connect to that that dedicated Server.

This means that the server that I'm setting up and connecting to isn't simply a hosted MP game wink_o.gif

And like I said, it seems that this issue occurring on dedi servers can be temporarily addressed with modifications in the server.cfg file (sthing with battleeye options).

So look also in the "feedback on 1.11" thread.

wink_o.gif

Is there a way to make it possible to join NON dedicated servers?

My friend and me got the problem that we cant join our non dedicated servers each other.

Aby ideas what will work?

like we said tons of times for now, the problem we're talking about affects non-dedicated servers, not dedicated servers

Actually it is not about dedicated vs non-dedicated servers. It's about servers being behind NAT. Dedicated server can be behind NAT too (like our server is). Bad thing is that I can't make the server use public IP.

I'm pretty sure this will be addressed in the next version.

Quote[/b] ]And like I said, it seems that this issue occurring on dedi servers can be temporarily addressed with modifications in the server.cfg file (sthing with battleeye options).

So look also in the "feedback on 1.11" thread.

I didn't see anything about a config fix. Do you mean the shortcut fix (adding the server info to the arma shortcut)? Could that same fix be used for a hosted MP game? I don't know, that's why I'm asking...

Anyways, my server that is having connection problems is a dedicated server hosted from home (just to clarify).

They WILL fix this, have faith.

I'll shutup now, good luck everyone.

Mosh

Is there a way to make it possible to join NON dedicated servers?

My friend and me got the problem that we cant join our non dedicated servers each other.

Aby ideas what will work?

Someone suggested this may work :

connect to the server directly with a specific shortcut like this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -noland -world=empty -connect=<IP address> -port=2302 -password=<password> -mod=beta

I didn't try personally  wink_o.gif

so I'm still the ONLY ONE with the recoil bug?

No recoil? It's one of your addons.

any suggestions as to which one?

use mod folders DUDE for your addons

remove all non STOCK addons from your addons folder crazy_o.gif

Just got this error running 1.11 dedicated server after 12 hours of gameplay:

"Too many virtual memory blocks requested"

Rockets on AH6, AH1Z and others airplanes with same rockets have limited damaged when shoot to BDRM, example full rockets of AH6 no destroy BDRM.

The accuracy of the machine gun AH6, is sniper. I do not think that in reality have such precision.

Actually it is not about dedicated vs non-dedicated servers. It's about servers being behind NAT. Dedicated server can be behind NAT too (like our server is). Bad thing is that I can't make the server use public IP.

It seems to be not about NAT of the server even. I'm having the same problem and I have fully public IP and I'm not using any NAT. People are not able to connect my (non-dedicated) server. Server log shows the same error as everyone else who have had this problem with server.

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

You are right about dedicated vs non-dedicated thing. Many people with dedicated servers are having same problem.

This is quite big problem because right now it has basically stopped the game play of some of the communities because they are unable to host server. Only options are public servers which often are full of people without any idea of team play and everyone seems to be playing their own little rambo game.

Going back to older versions after having a fully working voice chat on version 1.11b is not option for most. Hopefully there will be a hotfix for this before the final patch comes out.

Add -vm108 to the command line for the server and see it that doesn't fix the issue - 1.11 has that mem management tweak that seems to be broken

Memory Loss

On our servers we have seen massive amounts of RAM lost with the new patch

a basic 1.08/9 server will start at 30MB and run threw the day at 700MB on no limitations

now with 1.11 we see the commined 500MB and the 30MB start up, if you shut the server down all 500MB is returned for use

but now there are some issues

while a server us running and reaches 700MB it still has this 500MB allocated so now the server needs on average 1200MB

this is allot, and I would like to know why its not using this commited 500MB

now when the ArmA server crashes it apears this 500MB is lost and the server restarts and uses yet another 500MB

Add -vm108 to the command line for the server and see it that doesn't fix the issue - 1.11 has that mem management tweak that seems to be broken

I had time to test this this morning

it still commits 500MB of ram per server but it looks like when the server is crashes the 500MB is in use still

Rockets on AH6, AH1Z and others airplanes with same rockets have limited damaged when shoot to BDRM, example full rockets of AH6 no destroy BDRM.

The accuracy of the machine gun AH6, is sniper. I do not think that in reality have such precision.

The Weapons do exactly what you should exspect from them.

Hydras are für Soft target primarily, at least a BRDM ist diabled when hit. I dont like the Idea of everything exploding immediately after one hit.

There was also no real reason for the high dispersion all Gattlings had in the previous versions...it ist much better now

If anyone is having trouble running Arma 1.11b since vista SP1, I have found this to work (so far)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -mod=DBE1 -nosplash -vm108 -maxmem=1024

that is in my command line.

I apologise for the double post, but it appears 1.11 troubleshooting has spilt into 1.11 feedback as well icon_rolleyes.gif

i have the NAT negotiation problem too.

i have a dedicated server in a LAN that is connected to the internet by a router. it is a DSL connection with dynamic ip. i use a dyndns account. till 1.09b there was no problem to connect.

since 1.11b the connection from internet by gamespy inside ArmA is impossible while connection from LAN with gamespy inside ArmA works - never mind BattlEye and VoN are on or off on server.

now i use the startparameter -connect=<ip> (example: C:\Programme\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -mod=dbe1;beta -nosplash -connect=oldfreakz.dyndns.org) on client. with this a connection from internet is possible - never mind BattlEye and VoN are on or off on server.

i know this is no solution. but it is a workaround.

is this NAT negotiation problem an interface problem of GameSpy and ArmA?

The Weapons do exactly what you should exspect from them.

Hydras are für Soft target primarily, at least a BRDM ist diabled when hit. I dont like the Idea of everything exploding immediately after one hit.

There was also no real reason for the high dispersion all Gattlings had in the previous versions...it ist much better now

absolutely right....

video:

(watch at 1.20 how accurate two gatlings are shot from the huey)

Also here are comparision between m134 and m240:

Regards, Christian

I have the NAT problem on my dedicated too. Any help would be appreciated.