Sign in to follow this  
hoz

1.11 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

M113 ambulance: The cargo part of the interior is missing for the driver (only noticeable with unlocked view, I assume this is an intentional change?).

Multiplayer: Unable to connect to most servers and no hosts; only able to play between hosts using hamachi.

@all with no sky

could you check if you have waves on the ocean? If not it could be a wrong island config with missing wheather stuff. But I doubt that you are suffering from this.

im not seeing waves but , i do see the water texture

for sluggishness and lagging can you try "-vm108" in the startup line, maybe it helps. I'll try myself as well.

Yes people who have memory errors etc.. try this command in the shortcut unless they taken it out. It might help you. Same with people who are having texture problems. smile_o.gif

Hooah,

I'm having similar issues Hoot, after some time only however, with the Nvidia 169.44 drivers as well. I just "flush" the memory and it goes quiet again.

G.

Hi,

Good new, i'll try it as soon as possible! smile_o.gif

But after all these problems I would like to give some positive feedback. The new RAC spy looks great wink_o.gif At least I think it's new. Never seen him before. The AI pathfinding on bridges works very good now.

Can you show us a pic of that ''RAC Spy''? Never heard about him... huh.gif

Thank you!

-Soviet-

@all with no sky

could you check if you have waves on the ocean? If not it could be a wrong island config with missing wheather stuff. But I doubt that you are suffering from this.

You have any addon installed and could you post your rpt with the part that is saying "Updating class-> ..."?

Can you show us a pic of that ''RAC Spy''? Never heard about him... The

The RACS spy is from Queens Gambit. His surname is Wicks in the Royal Flush campaign whistle.gif

i'm having a recurring crash, after some play time (30 mins or more) sometimes the game will just freeze, then the sound will start to loop a bit and i cant do anything, i have to hard reboot the system. My ArmA RPT was loaded with stuff, this was the last bit:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Client: Object 33:0 (type AIStatsMPRowUpdate) not found.

Client: Object 27:0 (type AIStatsMPRowUpdate) not found.

No alive in 10000

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\ArmA\arma.mdmp

===FROZEN====>>>>>>BEG

Version 1.11.5244

Fault address: 77AF0F34 01:0005FF34 C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll

Prev. code bytes: FF 8D A4 24 00 00 00 00 8D 64 24 00 8B D4 0F 34

Fault code bytes: C3 8D A4 24 00 00 00 00 8D 64 24 00 8D 54 24 08

Registers:

EAX:00940614 EBX:00000000

ECX:1441D400 EDX:00000000

ESI:32EA38F0 EDI:32EA3988

CS:EIP:001B:77AF0F34

SS:ESP:0023:0125F9B8 EBP:0125FA20

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00000246

===FROZEN====>>>>>>END

No alive in 10000

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\ArmA\arma.mdmp

===FROZEN====>>>>>>BEG

Version 1.11.5244

Registers:

===FROZEN====>>>>>>END

No alive in 10000

===FROZEN====>>>>>>BEG

Version 1.11.5244

Registers:

===FROZEN====>>>>>>END

No alive in 10000

===FROZEN====>>>>>>BEG

Version 1.11.5244

Registers:

===FROZEN====>>>>>>END

Spec:

Dell Inspiron 1720

Intel Centrino Duo @ 1.8ghzx2

2GB RAM

8600m GT

Redownload the nt.dll file and try again

i have no idea what all that code means just says fault in nt.dll soo worth a try. Its free.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?ntdll

Quote[/b] ]

What is ntdll.dll?

The ntdll.dll file is a file created by Microsoft that has a description of "NT Layer DLL" and is the file that contains NT kernel functions.

This file is located in the c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32 directory and can also be found in the c:\i386 directory.

Redownload the nt.dll file and try again

i have no idea what all that code means just says fault in nt.dll soo worth a try. Its free.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?ntdll

Quote[/b] ]

What is ntdll.dll?

The ntdll.dll file is a file created by Microsoft that has a description of "NT Layer DLL" and is the file that contains NT kernel functions.

This file is located in the c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32 directory and can also be found in the c:\i386 directory.

Cheers for the quick response mate, i'll give it a try! smile_o.gif

EDIT: Vista wont let me overwrite the file, and i'm not too sure if i want to... i dont really understand the file and im not sure if i should really overwrite it, the file i would overwrite it with is only half the size too.. sad_o.gif

STICKY PLZ!

ANY SERVER WHO INSTALLS W/O BATTLEEYE MUST MANUALLY CHANGE THE CONFIG TO BATTLEYE=0 OR IT WILL NOT WORK

Fixed

Same problem here :

We can't join an MP game using 1.11. I'm talking about non-dedicated server, that is from one computer to another.

"Connexion failed"

What did you mean by "fixed" ?

Nobody's got this problem ?

It's quite easy to test it : just create an MP game (non queen gambit) on your computer, and ask someone to join your game (he should have 1.11 too).

You'll get "Connexion failed".

Forgot to mention : I don't have queen gambit.

P.S. stop posting : "Yeah, it works" or your FPS. It's a troubleshooting thread.... wink_o.gif

Well, looks like Kremator and KeyCat are experiencing the same problem...

(see here : http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....229393)

Let's hope BIS hurry for a fix sad_o.gif

Could someone else try this to reproduce the problem ?

just create an MP game (non queen gambit) on your computer, and ask someone to join your game (he should have 1.11 too).

You'll get "Connexion failed".

@Jack_UK

Man I thought I was the only one getting those freeze up's!

I have been getting them for awhile, especially after playing for a couple of hours.

I was just about ready to send my 8800 GTS back and complain there was an issue with the card.

I have been getting exactly the same messages in my RPT.

This has been happening with 1.09

(just about to try 1.11, I will report back)

Got this "freezing issue" with 1.11 while playing around in the editor (cannot connect to any server to try)

I let it run it's course, (instead of hard boot), the computer went through a whole bunch of wierd grapic screens, sounds did really wierd noises and after about 20 Min it finally went back to normal.?

AMD Atholon 64x2

Dual Core 6000+

2 Gig Ram

EN 8800 GTS 640 Meg (169.44 Drivers)

Windows XP

@Jack_UK

Man I thought I was the only one getting those freeze up's!

I have been getting them for awhile, especially after playing for a couple of hours.

I was just about ready to send my 8800 GTS back and complain there was an issue with the card.

I have been getting exactly the same messages in my RPT.

AMD Atholon 64x2

Dual Core 6000+

2 Gig Ram

EN 8800 GTS 640 Meg (6.14 Drivers)

Windows XP

Ah at least i'm not the only one! smile_o.gif

I've only been getting these freeze ups in 1.11, no problems in 1.09 and 1.08..

I've tried -maxmem=512 also, no luck. Its not like it 'lags' and textures start loading slow to be honest either, it just sort of freezes.. It froze just now as i was literally 3 metres above ground landing an A10.. i bet the people on the server were happy that i crashed it :S

Anyone else experiencing these problems/have any suggestions or explanations about ntdll.dll or whether its possible or safe to replace it?

Cheers!

smile_o.gif

@all with no sky

You have any addon installed and could you post your rpt with the part that is saying "Updating class-> ..."?

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Sat Mar 22 15:19:47 2008

build 1.11.5244

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

NAT Negotiation completed

NAT Negotiation completed

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

for sluggishness and lagging can you try "-vm108" in the startup line, maybe it helps. I'll try myself as well.

Yes people who have memory errors etc.. try this command in the shortcut unless they taken it out. It might help you. Same with people who are having texture problems.  smile_o.gif

Ehm, what exactly does it do? Or, what is it supposed to do?

If this has been answered before I am sorry but this is new to me.

Quote[/b] ]Ehm, what exactly does it do? Or, what is it supposed to do?

This reverts back to the virtual memory functions used in v1.08.

I get an error message just before ArmA starts.

It says: Config: some input after EndOfFile

When I click 'OK' ArmA cuts off and doesn't launch. I have never experienced this error before and have only recently done a fresh install of ArmA.

Using the shortcut provided by the beta install.

System:

Windows XP SP2

Nvidia 7600GS 512MB AGP

1GB RAM

Intel P4 2.66GHz

I did change the difficulty settings in my profile with the one from the 'Addon Compilation' thread. It's probably something I have overlooked.

tried the no Battleye=0; It still turns on :/ its installed but we want it off for the closed network since no outsiders can get in anyways no worries of cheating

Quote[/b] ]Battleye=no

Its

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">battleye=0;

server.cfg right if so its still turning on.... its saying initialized

and yes my previous post was a spelling error lol

19:33:03 Dedicated host created.

19:33:04 BattlEye Server: Initialized

19:33:04 Host identity created.

@all with no sky

No, there's nothing wrong with the water, and like I said I somehow managed to temporarilly gain my sky back by changing the game resolution. Also, I don't have any 3rd party addons installed.

I think this started happening when I bought my new monitor, but I get an error at the Briefing that says "Cannot load mipmap mpmissions\__cur_mp.sara\imagename.jpg" here is a Screen

It might have to do with 1920X1200 rez or Dual View. I never got this until I got my new monitor. When I played on MP for the first time I thought some one f'ed up the mission, then when I started working on my own missions that worked perfect before I get the same error. I have an 8800 GTX set on Dual View with my old 1680x1050 as the second monitor and the 1920X1200 on the first. so far thats the only bug I get with either 1.09 or 1.11 beta's. More testing on 1.11 tonight.

EDIT: Actually I take that back. I'm stuck zoomed as if I'm holding my r-mouse button down (right after installing 1.11). Hopefully I'll figure it out. I can still double r-click to pull up the aimpoint.

UPDATE:Joystick was enabled after installing 1.11(changed control mappings?).Anyways, disabled or wiggle thumbpad initialized it and fixed it. I disabled it, I'm not into playing w/ a joystick.

I still get the weird HDR bug. WHen I look at the ground, everything is as bright as one would expect for a sunny day (its actually how I wished it looked). However, when I looked up normally to see the horizon, it instantly gets darker somewhat like the sun moved behind a rain cloud.

I sure wish there was a way to turn off HDR or fix this. Also, NV goggles at night show jet black people and terrain with light skyline until I look down at my feet then I get it to brighten up normally.

Vista SP1RC1

8800 GT

169.25 driver

Thanks

@ Mar. 23 2008,20:27)]Hooah,

I'm having similar issues Hoot, after some time only however, with the Nvidia 169.44 drivers as well. I just "flush" the memory and it goes quiet again.

G.

Strange, the issues are visible right after starting the game and setting up the editor. The appearance of that texture issue took a while. It also doesn't matter if i move my avatar with a vehicle or with a bird, i can also assign a camera and use it. The same cracking is visible, in every single circumstance.

From your answer i guess, the issues appear at your rig only when playing with 1.11? Do you also have everything working fine with patches below 1.11?

I'm beginning to think, that some new tricks with the LOD algorithms doesn't work with older cards the way they should do. Or maybe it is just a matter of an specific issue with 169.44 and techniques used in 1.11. I'll take another driver to check it out later. A trial and error method to eliminate sources of errors - my oh my lol help.gif

Hi Hoot !

I don´t know if this is of any help for you but I´m using the Leadtek 94.24 Nvidia driver with my 7600 GT AGP as all newer version gave me no performance boost and those drivers seem to be the fastest ones for that card.

I don´t know if it will help you with your card though but maybe it´s worth a try.