Sign in to follow this  
hoz

1.11 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

Looks like the Uninstaller caused the problems. I simply deleted the content of the content "BETA" folder, installed the new beta and use the same shortcut I had already created for the 1.09 beta to start the new one. No problems whatsoever.

Quote[/b] ]Hi.

Is the maxmem switch broken in 1.11.0.5244? I can only get it to launch without the command.

I still use it and have no problems. I need to test it without as memory management seems to be improved. I used maxmen of 768 MB and the game didn´t freeze. Prior 1.11 the game froze when using that value.

Now it´s shackatastically working

3000-austin-powers.jpg

For me it works fine without the use of the -maxmem parameter.

I wonder if the new memory management makes the -maxmem parameter obsolete?

@Dwarden:

This happened when v1.09 bin.pbo was loaded with v1.11. If you are running 6thSenseMod or any other mod that has a bin.pbo from an older version than v1.11, this could very well be ur problem :-D

thanks a lot

it seems for some reason on one machine it failed to overwrite 1.09b file and on other it was one in 6thS ...

1.11 rise and shine smile_o.gif

Can anyone tell me which file i need to copy back in to get the armory working again? is it armory.pbo or some thing?

thanks

did a bit more playing with the patch yesterday on EVO online. man, it was great when the SU33 tried to strafe me with his rockets, frightened the crap out of me biggrin_o.gif . is that a 109 or 111 change?

I have a weird issue with 1.11.

I start a mission, and my FPS is low, like 10 or so. There is no texture loading or any HDD activity. Everything looks normal and the FPS stays like that. Then I alt-tab out of ArmA and back. Now the FPS has more than doubled and it is smooth again huh.gif

Sometimes alt-tabbing will end up with the FPS low again. And then alt-tabbing out and back will bring it back up to normal.

Geforce 7800GT 256MB with Forceware 169.28,

WinXP 32bit,

2GB RAM.

And can anyone recommend better drivers for 7-series Geforce graphics cards? I'm not sure the drivers I'm using are so good confused_o.gif

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

I got the same messages and connection problems.

Every connection attemp to the server is logged in the "arma_server.rpt" with "NAT Negotiation completed"

On my Client in "arma.rpt" is logged "NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)"

I set up a Server on my own Computer, and opened the Ports 2300-2400 on my router.

I can connect to the Server without any errors (direct connect).

Anyone from Internet can't connect.

Same Errors as described. (NNThink - result 3)

I reactivated the Server with V1.09 Beta, and all players can connect without any error.

Think the problem comes with V1.11 Beta, and Hosts (Server) behind some NAT device.

Hope some from BI read this and can give us some hints or solutions.

STICKY PLZ!

ANY SERVER WHO INSTALLS W/O BATTLEEYE MUST MANUALLY CHANGE THE CONFIG TO BATTLEEYE=0 OR IT WILL NOT WORK

I got going and it ran like crap unless i use maxmen=1024 seems to run fine.

FPS drops from 75 to 25 and game becomes very laggy when flying first over the land and then going above the water. (something with water textures and memory?)

Then when I Alt-Tab, FPS goes back to 75 over the water also. Tested this in Editor several times.

8800 GT 512MB (drivers. 169.44.), Vista x64, 4GB RAM. E6600at3.2Ghz. All settings high, except AA and AF normal. Viewdistance 3500. Resolution 1280x1024.

LtCmdrBoon

Do not type in all capital letters, no matter how important something might be. To highlight sentences you have various formatting options.

I install the new beta yesterday and it went dogs bullocks, seems to work all through from the beginning not one issue durring the install and getting into the game.

But well in the game wasn't it stable as the 1.09 was, that Beta was the best so far due to stability (I had in total with 1.09 and maxmem only 2-3 crashes in total)

I counted 4 crashesonly yesterday, 3 was the old kind that I seen before that hang the computer (not the sound as I can still talk on TS but all other is completly dead) and one new crash type, instant crash to desktop.

What I used yesterday was with -maxmem=512....could this be a conflict with the new memory controller some talk about with 1.11?

I also noticed visual graphic problems once I switch to higher resolution, it was directly solved first after I switch back.

I held out installing until now and I now suffer the same graphical glitches Dwarden illustrated, I never had these under the 1.09 patch. I only play single player and really could not tell of any immediate plus points over the minus points. I will prevail for a while but if there are no other improvements I for one will revert to 1.09.

Duca

STICKY PLZ!

ANY SERVER WHO INSTALLS W/O BATTLEEYE MUST MANUALLY CHANGE THE CONFIG TO BATTLEYE=0 OR IT WILL NOT WORK

Fixed

As I said in the 1.11 feedback thread, running now on Vista 64 (4 GB) is better than ever... A full day of playing SP and MP and no problems whatsover with client.

But for the server... I had it running 1.11 for a day now and finally realized nobody can connect. I can, so I didn't notice the problem until a buddy tried to join.

Anyways, I know a lot of people are having this problem. Some have posted about it. And I have tried several servers that have connecting issues also.

I have tried everything. I have the correct ports open (2402-2405 UDP). I tried in DMZ mode. I tried unplugging the router and connecting straight through. I had Battleye on and off (I would like to use it though). No luck. I had no problems with any other versions. I use Charter cable, behind a linksys WRT54GS... in case this info is useful. My server config is fine too (I think).

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

passwordAdmin=************;

hostname="Moshpit - 1.11 BETA";

motd[]={

"Have fun!"

};

motdInterval=5;

maxPlayers=32;

reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com";

kickduplicate=1; // do not allow duplicate id

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

persistent=0;

disableVoN=0;

battleye=0;

vonCodecQuality=5;

Server: 10 MB Cable, AMD 3800, 2 GB DDR 400, XP Pro SP2 (latest drivers, etc...)

I was just wondering for those who have it up and running (with people on, there's a few servers out there working), could you pass a few hints along? I know others would be interested as well.

If this has already been answered, please excuse my retardedness... I looked everywhere before I posted.

Thanks,

Mosh

Am i the only one who didn't get the 4gb ram fix working? it still black screens for about 40 seconds then loads up with black and white menu outlines (just boxes no text).

vista x64

4GB ram

Q6600

HD2900XT 1GB

running from the beta shortcut D:\Games\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -mod=beta -nosplash

i did a fresh install and still nothing: arma, 1.08 patch from QG disc, 1.11 beta.

As I said in the 1.11 feedback thread, running now on Vista 64 (4 GB) is better than ever... A full day of playing SP and MP and no problems whatsover with client.

But for the server... I had it running 1.11 for a day now and finally realized nobody can connect. I can, so I didn't notice the problem until a buddy tried to join.

Anyways, I know a lot of people are having this problem. Some have posted about it. And I have tried several servers that have connecting issues also.

I have tried everything. I have the correct ports open (2402-2405 UDP). I tried in DMZ mode. I tried unplugging the router and connecting straight through. I had Battleye on and off (I would like to use it though). No luck. I had no problems with any other versions. I use Charter cable, behind a linksys WRT54GS... in case this info is useful. My server config is fine too (I think).

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

passwordAdmin=************;

hostname="Moshpit - 1.11 BETA";

motd[]={

"Have fun!"

};

motdInterval=5;

maxPlayers=32;

reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com";

kickduplicate=1; // do not allow duplicate id

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

persistent=0;

disableVoN=0;

battleye=0;

vonCodecQuality=5;

Server: 10 MB Cable, AMD 3800, 2 GB DDR 400, XP Pro SP2 (latest drivers, etc...)

I was just wondering for those who have it up and running (with people on, there's a few servers out there working), could you pass a few hints along? I know others would be interested as well.

If this has already been answered, please excuse my retardedness... I looked everywhere before I posted.

Thanks,

Mosh

Mosh, I am in the same boat too. Tried with router, without, direct connect to my Fios ONT, Went out & bought a new router still the same. From what I can tell is a NAT translation problem with Gamespy. I would like to here from a Server Admin if they got theres working by Direct connect from there Ethernet card straight to internet. I am curious if that is how they have it hooked up. I have not changed anything in the config except for adding battleye=0. Maybe we need to open a port for battleye?huh.gif even if it is not enabled?huh.gif

Man this is a tough nut top crack....

SlackAdjuster

i did a fresh install and still nothing: arma, 1.08 patch from QG disc, 1.11 beta.

Can you disable some of your memory (which ever way you did prior) to see if your truly loading 1.11?

yeh it loads version 1.11 with half memory running as usual (2048mb set in msconfig)

Any other users of the HD2900XT 1GBmonster out there? Vista 64 of course.

I found 1.09 ran stable, 1.11 makes my fps lock up every few seconds, and i hear a static type sound out of my speakers with the fps lockup, u know that sound when ur computer is really locked up bad...

then the game disappears when it gets really bad. It doesnt always get really, bad,i can play for hours sometimes with the noise and fps fluctuation, from really low to normal.  Its sometimes worse than other times.

e6400 duo, 8800gts 640, 2gb ram, xp pro, 1440x900, mostly all low settings, texture medium, shading medium.

I've just run 1.08 and i dont have the problem, seems to be a 1.11 issue for me.

THis is the error after it crashes. errorxm7.jpg

Was hoping that i be able to use 8GB but game only works in window mode.

When i try full screen all the menu boxes are shaded boxes background is all messed up too.. crazy_o.gif

Asus Maximus Formula \ E8400 Wolfdale 4.0GHz \ Patriot 1066 8GB \ HIS HD2900XT @850\945 \ 3xWDKS250GIG 16 MB Raid 5\ WD160gig 8MB \ Liteon163 DVD \ GCE-8400B (8MB) \ Samsung DVDRW \ Samsung 204B TFT \ PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad crossfire Edition \ XP Pro X64 Edition \ TT Armor

I'm experiencing strange lag/jerkiness with beta 1.11. It's like the game constantly freezes for few milliseconds once a second or so. If I monitor my fps I don't see a drop there. The phenomen  is easiest to spot by moving sideways and see the image jump as if several frames were missed.

I tried with different versions of gpu drivers with no help. (Now using Cat 8.3.) If I switch back to my backed-up beta 1.09 folder the problem always disappears. Never had this problem with any previous ArmA versions either.

Windows XP Pro SP2, ATI Catalyst 8.3

C2D E4300 @ 3GHz

Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro 256 MB

Abit AB9

2 GB DDR2-800

EDIT: Problem sees to be fixed now. Must have been some gpu driver setting. Maybe related to vsync although I tried that before too. smile_o.gif

Dunno if this is relevant, but an old beta patch uninstaller was bugged in that it would remove the A10.pbo from your old install IF YOU USED THE NEW UNINSTALLER TO UNINSTALL THE OLD BETA first....

I am reading the same errors here, re: A10.pbo being deleted, and I think that maybe those experiencing the problem are using the 1.11 uninstaller to remove the old 1.09 beta patch, by mistake?

Can anyone confirm this?

Was hoping that i be able to use 8GB but game only works in window mode.

When i try full screen all the menu boxes are shaded boxes background is all messed up too.. crazy_o.gif

Asus Maximus Formula \ E8400 Wolfdale 4.0GHz \ Patriot 1066 8GB \ HIS HD2900XT @850\945 \ 3xWDKS250GIG 16 MB Raid 5\ WD160gig 8MB \ Liteon163 DVD \ GCE-8400B (8MB) \ Samsung DVDRW \ Samsung 204B TFT \ PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad crossfire Edition \ XP Pro X64 Edition \ TT Armor

Found a temp fix for my issue.

By editing the Boot.ini file and adding this switch /burnmemory=number

So here's a example ( your's could well be different and i made a copy of the original so i can boot with 8GB).

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition /burnmemory= Boots 4GB" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /burnmemory=4096

I still haven't got my server working right yet.

For those that have... are any of you running a dedicated server from home on a network? Or are you running on a real server (like a rented one, or whatever the big servers do)?

I know lots of servers that are up aren't working right, I tried joining them all last night and only a few (that were empty, obviously the ones with people on work) let me connect.

I tried to send you a PM SlackAdjuster, but I sent it to wrong person... anyways, I read your post on simhq too hoping you had found a solution. I know sickboy posted about the same problem. I wonder how he is doing with this.

1.11 runs so well on Vista now that I really would like to figure this out. Any answers I come up with I will post here immediately.

Thanks and good luck to others with problems,

Mosh