Sign in to follow this  
hoz

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.11

I tested it with a friend, we both tried running a server while the other was trying to connect. In both cases we got "Connecting failed."

I checked my arma.RPT and this is what I have there:

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

I don't have NAT in my side of the connection, I'm not sure about the other.

Edit: I tried to connect some other servers, I'm getting same error with most of them.

ok i fixed the .dll error whistle.gif and arma starts nice, i installed the ECS mod and it worked nice and i had fdf mod running too but it seems ECS is overriding its sounds but thats not the big issue, now i get a few error messages after i added the apocalypse freedom fighters addon and added my mod folder with editor addons i get these errors.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">No entry 'bin\config.cpp/CfgDifficulties/regular/Flags.VONID'.

then monitor turns black and then it errors me with message saying

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Error compiling pixel shader PSAlphaOnlyMod

then i click ok and i watch my beautiful desktop. tounge2.gif

ok update i made Arma work again by not running the freedom fighters addon and the new zombie mod.. tounge2.gif

Will there be a 1.11 beta linux dedicated server this time and if the answer is yes, when will it be released?

Yes, but first we would like to identify some of the problems with Linux server beta in general (some problems related to scripts runing on the server) so there's no specific date set.

See Linux server topic for more information.

Thank you for the fast reply.

I really hope that it will not take too long.

Wish you and BIS Team happy easter.

MfG Lee

I thought there would be some improvements in FPS...

no? or is just me?

I thought there would be some improvements in FPS...

no? or is just me?

From a brief test it seemed that there was little to none improvement in frame-rates, in fact certain overgrowth vegetation models seemed to have reduced performance.

linux script issues is because some version of linux can't read text in upper case. Example;

Script.Txt will not be read, script.txt however would be read. Same goes for folders/files/extensions. Everything needs to be lowercase.

Question ( I am at work ! ) Has performance improved at all for anyone with this patch?

Can't even install the patch.

When I double click on the installer, it extracts files and then I have a message saying Arma is not installed on my computer or installation is corrupted.

Just reinstalled, still the same.

Arma is installed on E:/ not C:/, it may be the problem ?

French Windows XP Pro.

ok i fixed the .dll error whistle.gif and arma starts nice, i installed the ECS mod and it worked nice and i had fdf mod running too but it seems ECS is overriding its sounds but thats not the big issue, now i get a few error messages after i added the apocalypse freedom fighters addon and added my mod folder with editor addons i get these errors.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">No entry 'bin\config.cpp/CfgDifficulties/regular/Flags.VONID'.

then monitor turns black and then it errors me with message saying

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Error compiling pixel shader PSAlphaOnlyMod

then i click ok and i watch my beautiful desktop. tounge2.gif

ok update i made Arma work again by not running the freedom fighters addon and the new zombie mod.. tounge2.gif

Commando I've experienced this error message before. I recon you might have a sintax error in the parameters of your game shortcut. Could it be a ";" after the last mod folder?

For example -mod=beta;fdfmod; instead of -mod=beta;fdfmod

downloading now. BIS, for the next patch, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make the throttle separate from pitch in airplanes.

Huh? You can't even do that in most piston planes IRL, and it doesn't even apply to a jet. The only thing that would apply to would be a turboprop engine, and there are still more important things to be fixed.

Horizontal mouse aiming movement is still incremental.

Video demonstration here

Note in the video it's not possible to align the sights with certain targets, which equals death in a combat situation. Also note that vertical movement is not incremental.

I know I'm not the only one who notices this...

Please fix this BI. I really dislike relying on luck in long distance engagements  sad_o.gif

thanks BIS for the patch!

unfortunately, for the first time i also encountered problems during installation. after uninstalling 1.09b with the uninstaller (as suggested in the readme), the BIS A10.pbo was deleted. im glad i had a backup...^^ after installing the 1.11b, the armory stopped working and the arma-tools virtual drive dissapeared. since i'm quite a fan of the armory, i guess i try to reinstall the game.

thanks BIS for the patch!

unfortunately, for the first time i also encountered problems during installation. after uninstalling 1.09b with the uninstaller (as suggested in the readme), the BIS A10.pbo was deleted. im glad i had a backup...^^ after installing the 1.11b, the armory stopped working and the arma-tools virtual drive dissapeared. since i'm quite a fan of the armory, i guess i try to reinstall the game.

I had the problem with the A10 too. Nice surprise.

I decided to reinstall the whole thing to make sure I can blame BIS if it doesn't work  tounge2.gif  I am not 100 % sure of exactly what have I done in the ArmA folders, it's been a long time since I touched the game...

this patch run smooth, for me, testing the new FM and it seems to be quite solid, a lot better then b4 i'd say

the a10.pbo is missing too, and i dont have the backup(NOOOOO~)

@Sosna

it somehow happened to all the games i played with differend kind of mouses, are you sure that is just arma which have this problem?

Horizontal mouse aiming movement is still incremental.

Video demonstration here

Note in the video it's not possible to align the sights with certain targets, which equals death in a combat situation. Also note that vertical movement is not incremental.

I know I'm not the only one who notices this...

Please fix this BI. I really dislike relying on luck in long distance engagements  sad_o.gif

Second.

This is really annoying me. I usually engage targets at around 300-500m and it gets really hard to get the ironsights on the target. I've been annoyed by this since day 1 and I see that I am not alone.

Date:3/20/2008

Time: Approx 1400 hour

My boys crossed the Delores bridge..

They crossed the bridge!  wow_o.gif

can someone plz send me the A10.pbo file?

it seems its the installer deleted it, would be better for BIS to take a look

unlike others i have received no error message while i am installing

Great the Shack Tactical server is running version 1.11.

Finally we can join their server now!

smile_o.gif

My feedback to the patch : NONE.

My feedback regarding the patch release strategy :

The Linux server market-share is growing by the day, and exceeds almost 60%

The price of renting a gameserver which is linux saves the average gamer about 30% money then when you rent a windows box.

Many server rental companies use LINUX as their main platform for hosting games, since a M$ operating system is plainly to expensive, and gives you more headaches then satisfied customers.

Its safe to say that 80% of the gaming communities/clans has a LINUX server, and looses interest in playing a game which a outdated patch for their server, Especially when the windows versions are 2 patch version higher  and have 100% performance increase on the north island ( and many more fixes)

i didnt try 1.09

i dont try 1.11

For the sake of the game, and its community :  

Make this little change in the company strategy and release linux patches, if the time between beta patches is longer than 3-6 months

Dont get me wrong here, i LOVE the game. if there is something i dont complain about, its little shortcommings/bugs in the game. but this is really the drip that flooded my bucket.

If you want ArmA 2 to sell, think about the linux users.

Regards,

Jerry Hopper

a VERY annoyed ArmA-fan and linux server owner.

This "patch" is a joke, isn't ist?

BMP-2 command menu still broken

SPR muzzle flash still missing

Helos still have no yaw control at speed etc.

And this ist just after 3 minutes oft testing.

I put the A10 addon and key on OFPEC until BIS can fix the issue.

A10 addon