Sign in to follow this  
hoz

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.11

Full release details as well as a perpetually growing list of mirrors can be found here.

This thread is for basic 1.11 feedback, general comments, trouble downloading/installing and the like, there will be a troubleshooting specific thread created in the troubleshooting forum and a single new "ArmA Positive/Negative opinions from 1.11" pinned thread in here.

Please remember that you must be installed to 1.08 before attempting to install 1.11, or it may be unpleasant and messy! The previous 1.11 release thread can be found here

Great to see this released for public testing now. I think people will find a lot of cool things in this version. The VON in particular has come a loooong way since 1.09's beta and has provided us an enormous amount of gameplay enhancement when utilized properly.

Thanks go out to BIS for continuing to support ArmA the way they have. It's very much appreciated. What we have now is worlds better than the initial release, in gameplay, stability, and performance.

The VON in particular has come a loooong way since 1.09's beta and has provided us an enormous amount of gameplay enhancement when utilized properly.

Voice-over-net is something every server admin should check out and consider implementing. The direct communication alone should knock your socks off.

Fantastic! Thanks for all of your hard work BIS! Direct VON is quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen in any video game, ever. Hopefully it catches on.

Hey a new patch. And I just had the itch to get back to playing the game!

I guess i'm fated to be stuck with Arma... twice has it happened that I logged into the forums to see a new patch just added.

Testing out this thing in a while. smile_o.gif

I love this game and I love you BIS.

BIA can watch, but its going to cost $100

This was a lot of fun to test. They've added a lot to the game with this patch. Its changed the game for ShackTac and I sure it will have an equal effect for the entire community.

Thanks for not giving up on us despite all our bickering BIS. biggrin_o.gif

Great to see this, guess i have to play soem ArmA this easter weekend smile_o.gif

1.09 already brought ArmA to a lot better level, cant wait to try this one out.

I downloaded and used the installer file and i installed battleeye and then when i run the beta exe i get a error saying that the program cant be started missing file IFC22.dll and the problem can be solved if i reinstall the program. whats that all about? I got 505 version of arma with 1.08 patch and 1.09 beta.

I downloaded and used the installer file and i installed battleeye and then when i run the beta exe i get a error saying that the program cant be started missing file IFC22.dll and the problem can be solved if i reinstall the program. whats that all about? I got 505 version of arma with 1.08 patch and 1.09 beta.

You need to us Launch Arma Beta Patch to start the game beta.

If you want to create your own shortcuts, it's quite important to set properly working folder for the application (root of Arma) and run beta/arma.exe with -mod=beta command line option.

Biki says ...

Quote[/b] ]When you get a message that the game cannot launch because it is missing IFC22.DLL, make sure you are running the game correctly. The beta exe needs to be launched by using the Launch Arma Beta Patch, not using the beta exe.

IFCDLL ERROR

There is a problem from old patches that has not been fixed yet. It has to do with doubletapping run while switching weapons.

Switch to your other weapon (pistol or rifle) using the ; key, and doubletap W to run forward.

If you doubletap at the right time right at the end where your weapon is being drawn into position, this is what happens:

You switch weapon again, you run forward one step, then you switch back to the other weapon.

That has been an annoying bug for quite a while.

Quote[/b] ]5242 - Fixed: AI can spell the whole alphabet now.

rofl.gif

@BIS-Employees only:

Will there be a 1.11 beta linux dedicated server this time and if the answer is yes, when will it be released?

MfG Lee

If you want to create your own shortcuts, it's quite important to set properly working folder for the application (root of Arma) and run beta/arma.exe with -mod=beta command line option.

For those people getting the IFC22.dll error or other runtime errors, it may be better to think of the beta patch as an addon rather than a patch in the strict sense. What I mean is that, even after installing this patch, you could still run 1.08 ArmA if you wish, simply by running a different shortcut.

Here's the nuts and bolts of a beta setup, if you want to make your own shortcut:

betashortcutmo5.gif

1. Ensure that the actual executable being used is in the \beta subfolder.

2. Ensure that you're calling the beta subfolder in your mods list as you would any other addon.

3. Ensure that your "Start in" line still points to your original ArmA game path.

squint you should add that to the biki.

Will there be a 1.11 beta linux dedicated server this time and if the answer is yes, when will it be released?

Yes, but first we would like to identify some of the problems with Linux server beta in general (some problems related to scripts runing on the server) so there's no specific date set.

See Linux server topic for more information.

Great patch, for what've seen until now.

But we have huge problem with our server, tried on 2 locations.

Clients can not connect and the arma_server.rpt notes:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NAT Negotiation completed

NAT Negotiation completed

Servers are either behind Built in Server 2003 Firewall / NAT, or Vista Firewall and router.

The clients arma.rpt:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

Client is Vista

[*] All ports are open (server port + the 3 follow ports, all udp)

[*] Also tried disabling battlEye ( battlEye = 0; )

[*] Disabled firewall + nat on server and client, no help

[*] Servers and clients all are multi-homed (multi interface networked)

There are also other servers up, which seem to have the same problem, I can only join 1/10 servers out there.

Reproducable:

Server: Windows Server 2003 x64

[*] Install ArmA

[*] Install ArmA, and QueensGambit, Patches until v1.11

[*] start server with: -mod=dbe1;beta -config=test.cfg

Server has 2 network adapters, 1 connected to internet protected with windows firewall and nat enabled.

test.cfg:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hostname="  Test Srver";

password="test321";

passwordAdmin="test123";

motd[]=

{

"Welcome"

};

motdInterval=4;

voteThreshold=0.50;

voteMissionPlayers=2;

equalModRequired=1;

verifySignatures=0;

disableVoN=0;

BattlEye=0;

vonCodecQuality=10;

logFile="server_console.log";

Client Same install, 2 lan connections, 1 connected to internet and router

Client try to join server, not possible

If we setup server and connect over Hamachi (http://www.hamachi.cc - we can connect to eachother without problems)

Once again, outstanding work from the team at BIS. The VON features completely change the game's MP experience.

I would strongly urge mission makers, clans and MP-groups to re-think their approach to voice comms, as a careful mix of VON and TS/Vent can open up a whole raft of new gameplay possibilities. For example, only using direct VON for troops, with TS/Vent usage restricted to designated radiomen / commanders etc. adds a whole new dynamic to even the simplest mission. As testers have discovered, this can lead to some epic scenarios ...