Sign in to follow this  
Infam0us

IC ArmA

The Campaign 5 is starting this week with the Initiative Battle today at 1800hrs BST (GMT+1) ie 1800 @UK and 1900 @Central Europe.

Visit the homepage www.ic-arma.net if you would like to take part in 50 vs 50 pvp 3 hour battles between 2 armies structured in army-like organization.

-Register on the forums.

-Pick your army for free (BIS-Blufor , REAF-Opfor)

-Download the Mod

-Finish your BootCamp which will be held 1-1.5 hrs before the battle.

-Join your squad, follow orders and have 3hr fun.

The Campaign 6 is starting this weekend with the last scrimmage on Saturday 27th at 1800hrs GMT....1800 @UK and 1900 @Central Europe.

The upcoming campaign looks to be one of, if not THE, most exiting so far, with a new mod containing a lot of new goodies and a new campaign concept.

Thanks to our in-house dev-team and quite a few modders from the community we have added a bunch of new toys for the armies to blow each other to pieces with.

Jones' artillery and Ike's T-90 are two of the new heavy hitters, and we also have the Be-32 from GranQ to help out with those express deliveries, along with some other stuff to help the armies fight the good fight.

Scrim 1 was the premiere for the new mod and the new territory capping concept, both very well received. It was fought in what will be the Northern chain in the campaign, the one we call the 'Airborne chain'. The second chain will be armor-based and together they're putting a whole new spin to the teamwork this tournament fosters. It will also be quite the test to the players' skill as they might pilot a UH-60 one battle and be the gunner of an MBT the next.

All-in-all, we think campaign 6 will be really awesome, so don't hesitate -join the fun today!

Visit the homepage http://www.ic-arma.net for more information & guidance, if you would like to take part in 50 vs 50 pvp 3 hour battles between 2 armies structured in army-like organization.

-Register on the forums.

-Choose RANDOM army if you want to play for free, and you'll be placed in an army.....or donate 6$ (10-week-long campaign) to choose your army (USLF-Blufor , NBDF-Opfor)...its upto you.

-Download the Mod

-Finish your BootCamp to become a Private(Pvt) and to climb the ladders of the army..

-Join your squad, follow orders and have 3 hours of fun each Saturday.

Cya on the battlefield..

Hey all, its been a while since the last update.  IC-ArmA, the largest and longest running PvP Armed Assault Tournament in the world returns on the 4th April 2009 for its 7th full 10 week campaign.  Originating in January 2007 and fighting its first campaign that May of that year, IC-ArmA holds the record (we believe) for the most number of people in a single ArmA game (124 in September 2007).  IC-ArmA utilizes two fictional armies using a rank based military command structure led by a High Command Staff to fight 3hr long PvP battles at 6BST every Saturday night.  These battles consist of infantry, armor and air which result in the most comprehensive PvP battle experience you are likely to experience.  The tournament is free to join. If you wish to pick a particular side to join, there is a 6euro fee.  There is absolutely no charge for random army assignments.

Mods & Addons

IC-ArmA values the efforts by addon makers within the ArmA community.  As such IC-ArmA took the decision to where possible to use community addons to add variety to our existing players but to also to show support for the addon makers.  As such the core IC7 mod will utilise primarily the FFAA Mod and the Swiss Mod.  All of the required mods are combined and available to download in a single pack from the IC-ArmA website.

Island

For IC7, IC-ArmA continues its tradition of Island development.  Following in the footsteps of the Wedge, creator of IC Barbuda and IC Training Island, our own Ignacio has developed IC Alameda.  IC Alameda is a very large island, roughly 1.5x North Sahrani and its interior is reminiscent of the Bagango area of Sahrani.  The coastal regions are drier & less lush.  The island itself has in the region of 50 settlements of varying size.  These settlements form the basis of the IC-ArmA Campaign system.

Battle System

IC-ArmA has always focused on simplicity.  This successful ideology is carried through in the current campaign system.  In recent campaigns IC-ArmA has evolved into a dynamic system where by static Objectives must be captured within a Region.  Once all of the Objectives in a Region have been secured, the Region moves on.  IC7 on Alameda will have 5 Fronts spread evenly across the island.  One of these Fronts is fought on each week giving a sense of a fight across the island, but concentrating the fight week to week.  Each of these Fronts has Regions with 3 town based Objectives in each.  As such, an army must capture 3 towns and hold them before advancing to the next Region.  Once an objective has been occupied and cleared of enemy, all 3 objectives must be held simultaneously for around 7.5minutes.  As one can imagine achieving this requires a lot of skill and a lot of battle preparation and planning.  The winning condition is simple; whoever holds the most Regions across the 5 Fronts after 10 weeks wins the campaign.

So if you crave some large scale, organised PvP action, register for our forums and join today at http://www.ic-arma.net

We look forward to playing with you.

IC-ArmA, the largest and longest running PvP Armed Assault Tournament has returned for its 7th full 10 week campaign. IC-ArmA holds the record for the most number of people in a single ArmA game (124 in September 2007). IC-ArmA utilizes two fictional armies using a rank based military command structureled by a High Command Staff to fight 3hr long PvP battles at 6BST every Saturday night. These battles consist of infantry, armor and air which result in the most comprehensive PvP battle experience you are likely to experience. There is absolutely no charge for random army assignments. This is a report on Battle 1.

***BREAKING NEWS*** BPA Victory on the Central Front. Region 3 Falls.

Last Saturday IC Campaign 7 got underway. Battle 1 was highly anticipated making use of a new mod and the new purpose built island, Alameda. The BPA launched a devastating opening move encircling the unprepared ARA forces quickly seizing the capital of Unity. Further to the north lies the key city of Granbury a major residential and industrial sector filled with houses and apartments with several farms on the outskirts. Its key feature is a gigantic ridge which dominates its southern flank. BPA troops surrounded the city and sprinted across open ground using smoke cutting off any ARA reinforcements. Bravo squad landed to the south, our embedded reporter managed to see some of the action. He told us, ‘from the minute they hit the ground they were forced to begin fighting sooner than they had hoped. A Pizarro tank shot down the road forcing them to dive for cover, thankfully their AT man quickly dispatched it. Unfortunately the battle was still not over, enemy snipers suddenly popped up on the ridge forcing a short fire fight. Their concealed positions gave them an advantage allowing them to deal with the enemy comfortably. We prepared to move out but another enemy tank, the formidable Leopard followed us up the road, we were forced to hide with BPA armoured support still miles away.’ However patience paid off, the BPA quickly gained air dominance allowing spotters to get into key positions to provide a large intelligence network. The battle had not lasted an hour and the BPA had already captured the area designated Region 3 taking with it Unity, Falsterbo and Granbury.

However the ARA recovered quickly. General Scarecrow of the ARA told us, ‘Well they had a good opening move, but I think that’s all they had, since we destroyed them in the following sector. Had we had 5 minutes more we would have pushed the sector.’ When asked on his opinion of the BPA, he replied, ‘I shot them dead while I heard the sound of my armour finishing them off, my armour rumbles a lot more now, I bet that scares the hell out of those BPA troops.’

Indeed, in the closing moments of the battle the ARA launched a devastating armoured counterattack on paradise. Two leopard tanks harassed the BPA destroying several tanks and slaughtering infantry of 1st and 2nd Battalion. The fires still burn in paradise with most of the town having been levelled. It was only by a cruel twist of fate and the brave heroic actions of H-Pvt.Darat in the dying moments of the battle which saved the BPA from retreating. Darat flew over an occupied town before ejecting to contest the region. The hero of the hour told us, ‘I think the BPA did a fantastic job maintaining the upper hand throughout the battle. Our 'Tiger' Anti-Tank gunship worked extremely closely with ground personnel from various companies whilst the vehicles on the ground were fed information by spotters and myself in the Mirage III. I maintain a healthy respect for all members of the Alameda Republican Army; they have put up an incredibly resilient fight.’

General MickD of the BPA isn’t growing too confident with his victory though, ‘I am pleased with how things went for the majority of the battle and there is plenty more to come from the BPA but I don’t believe each army is operating at 100% capacity yet. Both armies will have learnt a lot from this opening engagement and I think we are in for a tough and dogged campaign.’

The conflict looks to be a tough and bloody affair with the potential to swing either way over the next 10 weeks. The next move will belong to the BPA who hold Region 3, where they strike next we will have to find out next week. For more information on the conflict from our on the ground reporter visit this link: http://wander.ic-arma.net/ or if you want to sign up for free head to http://ic-arma.net/.

Is v0.94 the latest update of Ignacio's Alameda? Our team has been using this island for the past 3 events, it rox smile_o.gif hopefully it will reach 1.00 along with updated Barbuda maybe? We miss more forests on Alameda and hills are a bit "naked" wink_o.gif

Do not air dirty laundry on these forums, the world is made up of lots of unique and different people, some will get on with each other, some won't, if you don't get on with someone or some group of people move on to another, keeps life simple smile_o.gif

Me, Placebo? Or there was one post after mine that got deleted?

Previous post placebo dont worry.

Danke forum administrator for keeping this thread clean.

I would love to join if you were playing with the ACE mod smile_o.gif

Same here!

Oh no you wouldn't... The server wouldn't handle it well at all (with our numbers, no server would).

Believe me, it's a memorable experience as it is, and the mod in use works perfectly well.

I've never had as fun playing a military game (including ACE) as I have in IC-ArmA. It's, it's... Hell, it's awesome. :)

Oh no you wouldn't... The server wouldn't handle it well at all (with our numbers, no server would).

to be fair though Maxter we have never tested it for an IC-ArmA Battle so we dont know. ;)

Sure enough, I can only imagine but I reckon it'd be pretty bad? If not there's still quite a few of us with not-so-top-of-the-line systems, so even if the server would handle it I'm pretty sure alot of people would experience more client side FPS drop than what is pleasant. Hell, I have problems getting ACE running smoothly in singleplayer, and I don't think I'm alone.

Also I can't say I really miss anything from ACE in IC. Possibly backpacks but, meh, limited carrying capacity just adds to the importance of the squad which is a good thing in my book. :)

***BREAKING NEWS*** Battle 2 results in a tie as fighting continues into the night.

IC Arma Campaign 7 continued last Saturday as Battle 2 saw the hours of darkness gradually descend on the field. The setting sun resulted in an intense glare blinding any who dared look west providing a new factor to be exploited or considered by soldiers of both armies. General MickD told us, “both armies are building upon their initial strength. The battle was evidence that it takes a special strategy and special planning to win. Things are very very tight and the battles are won and lost on small details.†The BPA having gained the momentum chose to launch an assault on the Central Western Front.

However the ARA having learnt from the previous outbreak of fighting launched a devastating air attack using a Euro fighter jet and Cobra gunship to eliminate the transport carrying 2nd Battalion. 1st Battalion was forced to hold out by itself in the hedgerows which dominated the scenery in this section of Alameda providing warfare reminiscent of Normandy. It was here that the ARA beat back BPA Armour and launched a nasty offensive against 1st Battalion. Each battle the two seem destined to meet, beastly Leopard Tanks stand menacingly watching the horizon whilst infantry quake in their boots. B-Sgt.Big G explained how heroic bravery and sacrifice held back the armour, ‘The ARA are good in the air and their Leopards caused us much grief yet a private ran right up to one, laid down some satchels and took it out, unlucky for him though he went with it.’ Unfortunately it was not enough and the ARA began to assume dominance on the field capturing all 3 zones. Yet the struggling BPA managed to launch repeated counterattacks despite having its transport routes strangled. 1st-Pvt.Joker admitted his great respect for his enemy which threw themselves into the fray, ‘The enemy died very courageously and it was an honour to be pulling the trigger.’ .A major defensive operation bore fruit as after a long hard struggle the BPA regained a foothold, regrouped and smashed through the ARA lines. Night fell providing new cover for aircraft allowing more infantry to slip through and ultimately overwhelm the ARA positions and recapture all 3 zones. Thankfully for the ARA, its armour and a contingent of snipers managed to harass the northernmost zone long enough to force a draw.

Many of the soldiers interviewed told tales of the amazing sky duels which take place each week between the Euro Fighter and Mirage. They circle the field of battle carefully looking for their target, darting in and out anxiously looking for each other. The acrobatic moves are graceful, the engagements brutal. Intelligent thought is a must as each jet has very little fuel; only 150 rounds of machine gun and only 2 AA rockets meaning every shot must count in the never ending games of cat and mouse. This week the ARA pilot seemed to have an advantage cleverly using the glaring sun to blind his opponent in the BPA before letting rip with a deadly burst of fire. The jets are not designed for ground engagements but they can clear the skies of enemy air allowing the deadly gunships to have free reign on enemy armour and ground targets. Even the infantry on the ground uphold the utmost respect for the pilots as even though they do not directly interact with them, the effects of their duels impact them on many levels.

Unfortunately General Scarecrow was not available for comment. Many rumours are circulating about a possible air accident or that he has gone into hiding due to the increased pressure BPA special forces are putting on his stronghold at Newelltone Airport. That is if they are to be believed. We shall try and investigate further.

The conflict is extremely close and the effort both armies are putting is really paying off. The next move will belong to the ARA which is still a region down overall, where they choose to strike next in complete darkness we will have to find out next week. If you want to sign up for free and join the battles which in the past have had up to 124 players, head to http://ic-arma.net/.

th_ara1.jpgth_1.jpgth_2.jpgth_5.jpgth_6.jpg

Any news on Alameda higher than v0.94? Its currently the best island for operations.

Any news on Alameda higher than v0.94? Its currently the best island for operations.

Its on its way soon. Ignacio is just finishing up v1.0.

IC Arma has a different type of realism which does not necessarily require ACE. Tournament simulates large scale combats & battlefield where all the elements of an army such as infantry-armor-air work in an organized fashion to achieve 1 goal.

The following quotes, stories and pictures are from the actual soldiers who fight each week. All events are accurate as depicted. This week involved 70+ soldiers with no reports of lag from the server. We have capacity for many new members. It is truly a experience you will not forget. IC Arma is a truly dynamic battle including carefully tweaked jets, choppers, infantry and armour for the ultimate experience. Best of all its FREE so there is no harm in signing up and taking a look. You may just gain a few friends and if not you can always leave. We're not massively strict, you can miss the odd battle aslong as you can follow orders. Go on, read the previous news reports and try it out.

***BREAKING NEWS*** ARA Storm Zulu 1 in Midnight Raid.

A storm has been brewing in the past weeks with the BPA repeatedly hindering the advance of the ARA. However in the pitch black darkness the monster that lay asleep within the ARA awoke with certain ferocity as it began a blitzkrieg of Zulu 1 in the opening minutes. ARA infantry rushed through each zone going door to door raiding each house as they came to it. Yet despite finding a few angry sleeping civilians the BPA was nowhere to be seen. This may be in part due to the successful efforts of the 5th ARA “Demon†Brigade as [bPA]H-Pfc.Pieman told us, “It was a tough battle, transport took a massive beating, although we managed to get the men on the ground, it wasn't without a price. Overall the sides are very balanced but in the air they are crafty opponents.†[ARA]5th-Lt.Stauff upon reflection told us, “Our debriefing was filled with war stories from all kinds of soldiers, tankers and pilots. The ARA Airforce, as you all saw, had the upper hand at the beginning and both armies saw the potential of this branch which with ease can change the course of any battle, we saw many fights over the Alamedian skies.†The air war has produced many heroes but when asked about his pilots Lt.Stauff replied, “It is his duty to show his natural talent in any given aircraft to impress and stand out of the crowd.â€

The ARA took Zulu 1 but thereafter lost dominance of the skies. The BPA were well dug in especially in Granbury where intense urban combat was carried out. [bPA]D-Pfc.Alan provided an account of the action, “Being a Combat Medic in there was difficult, I had to help wounded team mates under fire and fight at the same time. Not to mention that besides infantry there was also armor and attack choppers to evade. It’s not my first campaign but sometimes even I felt a bit scared and confused with this whole war situation; bullets buzzing around, screeching armor sounds and chopper blades cutting into the air. My radio was full of screams for help whilst I ran from cover to cover looking at the burning wrecks and dead bodies in the road. Not even a house can provide good shelter against tank shells as I watched my team mates die unable to help them, a horrifying experience counting down the seconds until reinforcements arrived.â€

The BPA nearly regained the battlefield holding all 3 regions but near the end the ARA began a full scale armoured counterattack which over ran several zones. Surrounded and battered the BPA held out determined not to be forced back but their casualty rate was high. At times it looked like the BPA would break but they remained determined and held their ground. Ultimately the score has now been levelled with the initiative still in the hands of the ARA. General Scarecrow a little more confident after his victory has at last issued a statement. After demanding BPA surrender he went on, “The ARA has some of the most bloodthirsty commanders in history. We will never give up. Our strength lies in our will to succeed. My men have a strong will to beat the BPA on every front, they are very aggressive and they will not stop at anything to win this war.â€

General MickD told us, “We had a very sound long game strategy and the theory of which was very good and sensible yet I look back on this battle as an opportunity lost and gone to waste. We dominated the battlefield and were in total control however we failed to capitalise on our domination. However we are now in Battle 4 and the BPA have yet to lose any of our home territory.â€

The conflict is still undecided and both armies will be preparing in any way they can for next week. The next move will belong to the ARA which will be extremely confident after levelling the score again, where they choose to strike next as daylight slowly begins to break we will have to find out next week. If you want to sign up for free and join the battles which this week involved 70+ people head to http://ic-arma.net/.

*sidenote: This weeks pictures are not up to usual standard as I was in a chopper causing chaos.

Edited by Richmuel

***BREAKING NEWS*** BPA Suffer Huge Losses. ARA Takes Zulu 3.

Trucks have been returning to the BPA base throughout the morning one by one carrying the shattered men of the Bipartisan Army. The non-stop fighting throughout the night has taken its toll and it shows in their eyes. The wounded trickle in as medics fail to cope with the sheer numbers whilst silence enshrouds the base of a beaten back army barely hanging on. As the sun rose this morning the ARA continued their latest offensive on the Central Western front. The ARA have evolved into a fighting machine, evolved because they had no choice after suffering devastating losses in the previous battles. They proved themselves today as they dominated the battlefield and left the BPA in complete disarray. [ARA]5th-Sgt.Nemesis told us, “To get a better picture of the devastation I took a ride over Cap 3. The potential was always there. The ARA just assessed all its options to achieve destruction of the enemy first. Now we have started to make our decisions based upon that. No one can stop us now!â€

Times look hard indeed as the ARA continues its persecution of BPA supporters without mercy whilst many hoped the breaking of day would bring peace; instead the conflict looks to have stepped up another level. [ARA]4th-Cpt.Cat told us, “The start of the battle went like clockwork for the ARA army. We established a strong foothold in Zulu 2. The impressive 5th Air Brigade gained air superiority of the skies preventing any serious numbers of reinforcements by the BPA army, causing the battle over Zulu 2 to end as quickly as it started in favour of the ARA army.†Hotel Company of the BPA was completely outdone in every way by the 5th Air Brigade which had air superiority for most of the battle. Equally ARA armour rolled into the battle an unstoppable force whilst BPA infantry were mercilessly gunned down. Yet even as the BPA retreated they did not give up, they dug in, grit their teeth and fought on. The BPA fight on because they know the freedom they fight for is more important than ever, Alameda needs them and this propaganda video showing actual footage of the fight gives us an insight into their army:

However the ARA insists they only fight because of all the wrong the BPA has done to their people, forcing citizens to join the insurgency. A bold statement considering the merciless leader of the 3rd Brigade, [ARA]Cpt.Russin, was caught on tape taunting one of his victims saying, “3rd Brigade's duties are Classified information, what I will say is that we are well trained killing machines and we take no captives! All enemies are to be executed on sight.â€

Haggard tank crews on the BPA base willingly told us of their nightmare. [bPA]C-Sgt.Cornish Rebel told us, “Leopard tanks started getting a foothold around the south of the Zulu as their cobra would always be on our case. It didn’t make it a nice place to have a tank.†His thoughts echoed by [bPA]D-Pfc.Maxter, “We were unprepared. Practicing against airborne targets is not to be underestimated, that was my biggest error this week. I didn’t think the cobra would be such a big threat, big mistake!†His tank buddy [bPA]D-Pfc.Alan reminisced, “Riding in that steel box makes you feel powerful but at the same time very vulnerable. You’re a big target to shoot at and that steel fortress can quickly become a steel coffin.â€

General Scarecrow was too drunk from the after battle celebrations to comment on his victory this week whilst General MickD has taken to his bunker in a desperate bid to try and develop a strategy which could revive the hopes of the BPA. In his place [bPA]Maj.Willie released a statement, “Although we had to give up some ground to bolster our defence, we were able to eventually contain the most recent ARA offensive. I am confident we will be to fight off any similar attempts in the future stumping our adversary’s ambitions for further conquest into our territory.â€

This is a brutal conflict and we can only pray that what is left once the fighting is over is worth all that has been lost. The ARA is now a region ahead and still their offensive continues. Can the BPA regain the momentum or is all lost? Find out next week or join the fight for free along with 80 others at http://ic-arma.net.

th_B45.jpgth_B44.jpg

th_B43.jpgth_B42.jpgth_B41.jpg

quick review. If you like solid gameplay, cooperation and nice view on how pvp should be in arma than this is the thing you want to play.

But also if you like to see more action, prefer to play solo and do actions on your own accord its better to join a good pvp server instead.

All in all i believe everyone who has arma should at least played ic-arma since it can be just what you have been searching for all this time. Although you bit late with arma2 around the corner ;)

The conflict between the BPA and ARA continued today with fearse fighting on the Western Front.

It seems that all hopes for a peacefull solution of this conflict is lost. UN have all week had meetings with the opposing generals. There was talk about a mutural agreement to ground all airplanes, as well as supposed talks about a cease fire to evacuate civilians from the battle zone, but the meeting ended in both generals leaving in anger. Apperantly there were some bad words between them that was taken as offensive. Or maybe there has just been to much bloodshed between the sides.

It was a hot morning in Alameda. Civilians, who suffered, the most in this bloody conflict

were tempted to leave theire homes and grab some fresh air. As the clocks approached 1200

the ground started to rumble. The wildlife stood still. It appeared that the time has stopped.

Suddenly, there was a distant sound to be heard in the town of Drayden. As the rumble became louder, the civilians fled to the east, only to be cut off by a ARA blockade. They knew of theire fate and stopped running. But then, from the North another stampedo started approaching giving them hope and the will to resist the Alameda Republican Army.

Little did they know of what was to happen...

A cobra flew past them knocking them to the ground. It was the ARA Airforce who has come to prepare the area for a full scale assault.

From that point the bloodbath , yet again, was inevetable.

On General Scarecrow's orders the open broadcast centre AAN was attacked by special forces resulting in ARA propaganda to be broadcasted 24/7 and not allowing us to inform you more.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU5tIu7UxiY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU5tIu7UxiY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

No further comments are available due to the actions taken by the ARA.

Another brutal conflict giving the ARA advantage over the western plains.

Will the BPA save the people of Drayden and provide security for the civilian population of Alameda?

Find out next week or join the fight for free along with 80 others at http://ic-arma.net

hey guys, just a quick note to say that the guys who operate IC-ArmA are continuing to do so and will support an ArmA tournament for as long as there is still interest. So if you PC can quite handle ArmA II just yet, you can still get your fix of large scale PvP gaming at IC-ArmA.

We are creating a separate tournament for ArmA II which can be found at Charlie Foxtrot: Virtual War for Real.

Last night the decision was made to end IC-Arma. Its been a great few years and many of the players are very grateful for all the admins have done. It was an excellent experience.

We will now solely be focusing on www.cfarma2.com