Sign in to follow this  
Auss

Pic of Sydney

Finished the foundations for the bridge tonight. Still gotta complete the western side of Sydney, then its on to Melbourne Sydney Harbour

Wow! This is quite a project, lots of work done and ahead of you too. Nice bridge - you did that yourself too?

Makes my 25 sq km projects seem silly almost.

Theres 4 of in total. 2 members working on Addons, one on Object placement and one of us starting on proper Sat and Mask creation.

Good luck with that project, looks really nice so far. thumbs-up.gif

Are those harbour objects the Agent Smith OFP ones now converted to ArmA or something else?

Progress was slow as I was the only one doing Object and road placement. We now have another 2 ppl working on their captial cities so we can speed things up a little.  Its rather hard to explain how big it is until you fly over it smile_o.gif approx 1600Km2

Were gathering textures and images now to start the sat file. This will take up a lot of time.

Moving this to A&M:D where it fits better then in the Visitor thread. smile_o.gif

This looks incredible, I could imagine having some massive zombie game on this across the whole of Australia

now I can invade sydney in the name of Melborune lol Nice work anyway. Well love the aussie map when realeased. Invade tasmania lol

LOL I could put a whole heap of Penal colonies on Tassie and use it as a Jail in Sahranilife.

Curious as to how long it took for Buldozer to initially convert the PNG files to PAA for a map this size.

Have you had any problems using the "copy absolute" command to transfer each parties work over to the master map?

Hey Nicholas

I dont use V3 to convert the rvmats or paa files. I prefer using external apps. I wrote a little batch file that auto converts the png>paa using pal2pace. As for the rvmat's I use another program to find and replace.

As for importing objects, the export/import script is used to take objects from other members smile_o.gif

We've starting working on the Sat image now, its gunna be a whopper..LOL

* Love your new map images look great, is that all sat or did u use mask textures under there also?

From sakakah we have expirience that maps almost doesnt cause laggs in ArmA. It would be nice to see Sydney as big as Sakakah cause I think not only I am bored of desert.

Cheers

Is this just WIP of the Coat Hanger or meant to represent the final layout too? confused_o.gif

It'll be pretty close to that for the final layout.

We toyed with a few ideas about having slightly elevated terrain at either end to connect the roadway to, but in the end decided to build some ramps up to the deck (~25m above ground!wink_o.gif.

Yeah, it's not real accurate, but it'll do for a first pass. Gimme a break, it's the first addon I've made! whistle.gif

I would love to see as many enterable buildings as possible,

They make whole view of town much better wink_o.gif

Also I hope for big town with many features and a country side^^

but it'll do for a first pass.  Gimme a break, it's the first addon I've made!   whistle.gif

And a darn good first one at that ... talent in the making thumbs-up.gif

Gnat @ Mar. 25 2008,12:58)]And a darn good first one at that ... talent in the making thumbs-up.gif

Well, thanks, Gnat, but I just can't get rid of those last few @#$% bugs - how some vehicles get stuck, and the complete lack of lights. Very frustrating! Very, very steep learning curve, to say the least.

I'm pretty impressed with the progress Aussie & co are making on the island, though!

great work so far, but will you just be adding capital cities to this map, or will some regional towns make it in? if any do, you have to make the fictional town of wirrawee somewhere in eastern vic!