Sign in to follow this  
marekmodel

Leopard 2 A6

welcome.gif

This Leopard2 tank is made by Michal Gutowski (Gutekfiutek). I will export this model to ARMA.

I hope soon i will show you more screenshots of this tank.

l2minigi4.jpg

click miniature to see bigger view   xmas_o.gif

welcome.gif

This Leopard2 tank is made by Michal Gutowski (Gutekfiutek). I will export this model to ARMA.

I hope soon i will show you more screenshots of this tank.

[imghttp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/162/l2minigi4.jpg[/img]

click miniature to see bigger view   xmas_o.gif

Does the model also have the other Res LODs?

For good performance the model needs at least 5 res LODs to reduce lag in mp for example.

Oh God that's sexy! biggrin_o.gif

Imagine that with a proper FCS! crazy_o.gif

Has Mr. Gutowski any more tank models he would allow to be

converted (except M1A1s or T72s - they are well covered

already)?

Col. Faulkner: From Mr.Gutowski I have some ww2 tanks but first to arma go Leo2   smile_o.gif

VXR: Next LODs will be create  tounge2.gif

Col. Faulkner: From Mr.Gutowski I have some ww2 tanks but first to arma go Leo2   smile_o.gif

VXR: Next LODs will be create  tounge2.gif

Will Dutch versions be made too? tounge2.gif

VXR if you would look at Wrzesien 1939 mod topic, you would not give them such advices ;]

the are very good and they know such things :P

u mean import? smile_o.gif are u sure u got the copyrights to do that? i mean u might have trouble with that?

VXR if you would look at Wrzesien 1939 mod topic, you would not give them such advices ;]

the are very good and they know such things :P

A little advise doesnt harm anyone wink_o.gif

Col. Faulkner: From Mr.Gutowski I have some ww2 tanks but first to arma go Leo2 smile_o.gif

VXR: Next LODs will be create tounge2.gif

Will Dutch versions be made too? tounge2.gif

GOOD question, that would be awesome, allthought the machine guns would need changing from MG3 to FN MAG.

It will go together well with the Foxtrot. wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

@Marekmodel

Very nice!

It will be nice to have the Leopard tank ingame especially if it looks very well made. The tank isnt really battle proven yet, which is too bad because it can and will kick ass if it does im sure of that, the danes got A6's in Afghanistan right now. But its more as back up I believe.

Keep up the good work!

The tank isnt really battle proven yet, which is too bad because it can and will kick ass if it does im sure of that, the danes got A6's in Afghanistan right now. But its more as back up I believe.

Keep up the good work!

Both the Danes and Canadians have Leopard 2A5/6 in Afghanistan to provide infantry with direct fire support on ops.

The tank isnt really battle proven yet, which is too bad because it can and will kick ass if it does im sure of that, the danes got A6's in Afghanistan right now. But its more as back up I believe.

Keep up the good work!

Both the Danes and Canadians have Leopard 2A5/6 in Afghanistan to provide infantry with direct fire support on ops.

Oh yeah I forgot the canadians, only thought about their Leo1's...

The danes got nice camoflage on it aswell,

and those desert style camoflage netting

you also see on some snatch rovers.

Forgot the name.

First time Ive seen a Leo in desert flavour. The Netherlands

has decided it would look too agressive if we used our Leo's in

Afghanistan, and besides that the areas were in are a bit tank unfriendly.

Ive seen the leopard many times on the back of trailers, and a few times driving about in the mud. Lovely sound the engines make. < I hope the sounds will be allmost accurate.

There was a OFP leopard addon which had awesome sounds for the engine. I believe the SFP mod one had it, Ive forgotten tbh.

The tank isnt really battle proven yet,

What does that really matter in a computer game? The

"tank" is only as good as its config.cpp makes it.

However, I always liked the story about a British Chieftain

commander talking to a German Leopard commander during

an ex (circa 1985).

Brit: How many times has your vehicle broken down?

German: Oh, three times.

Brit: Yeah, we broke down twice yesterday too.

German: Oh no. I mean it broke down once in 1980,

once in 1982 and once in 1984.... biggrin_o.gif

I´m pretty sure, that this tank will do a good job in battle.

Even if this is not proven by now, why should that beast fail the ultimate test? The Leopard ha gone a long way in development from the Leo 1 to the 2 A6, so you can bet it will work. wink_o.gif

It has all that is needed, if properly operated that tank kicks ass.

However, I always liked the story about a British Chieftain

commander talking to a German Leopard commander during

an ex (circa 1985).

Brit: How many times has your vehicle broken down?

German: Oh, three times.

Brit: Yeah, we broke down twice yesterday too.

German: Oh no. I mean it broke down once in 1980,

once in 1982 and once in 1984.... biggrin_o.gif

Well in 1998/9 it was somehow the other way around. When preparing for KFOR we were reskilled from 2A4 to 2A5 and hell, a chassis coming from 2A4 with an additional turret armor plus heavier track shields, is something that makes the gunner quite sick. It was the first time i felt ill behind the optics and cruising and jumping with the tank was not possible anymore. With an A4 cruising through deepest mud pools, flying over little corrugations is such fun, fun i never had with the A5s. The first ride with an A5 in an exercise was so: no that's not german workmanship. We were said to ride to a fake village that should give us some training on how to handle ambushes and stuff in urban territories. It was a mechanized unit consisting of 1 Leopard and 2 Marders. On the way to that village rain set in, and we were speeding up and accidentally thought this neat puddle in front of us is just 10cm deep, but it was 50 or so. A depth a tank can master even when all the men are sleeping. But not that 2A5. It gave a cracking sound and then we stood still - lol. A single torsion-bar was broken.

The next day, it was also raining, we were going as a platoon of 3 Leos fighting imaginary enemies, when some strange odours began flooding the interior. The commander shouted to leave the tank immediately, because that what was flooding the interior was Halon to stop a fire inside the computersystems. As Halon is known for being noxious to O2 breathing individuals, we were jumping out of the tank like some Easter bunnies. After some radio contacts with rescue team, we were rotating the turret to 12o'clock (it was set to our 6) and put tarpaulin over the barrel to build a proper tank-tent, with Home Improvement style. When all the others were playing with AGDUS and KADAG (the laser training system for inf and vehicles, including smoke-shells to simulate fire from the maingun), we were just sitting 'in' the tent, waiting for rescue team. That arrived 2-3 hours, or better many countless cigarettes later. In the Bundewehr you die either under hostile fire or from cancer (lung or liver, choose yourselves).

However, the 2A5 model uses the A4 chassis that was not really designed to carry the heavier A5 turret, and with the A6 the barrel is 1.30m longer against the A6, and although i was never riding with an A6 on duty, i fear the tank is still top-heavy and therefore not well balanced. The additional weight is borne by manoeuvrability. What is still the best is the Rheinmetall gun-system. Unbeaten and adopted/licensed. Therefore even 125mm and above don't frighten a Leo. With the barrel length of that A6, the Leo is still on eye level with all known battletanks. But also it is not marked with the sign of infallibility. There's many idiosyncrasies that also an Leo has to offer wink_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif WOW ya got to give this to the SWISS mod team. finnaly We can see whos better. leopord 2 or ABRAMS.

Not really.

It`s a matter of the config ingame, and would be another story in real live.

biggrin_o.gif WOW ya got to give this to the SWISS mod team. finnaly We can see whos better. leopord 2 or ABRAMS.

Not really.

It`s a matter of the config ingame, and would be another story in real live.

definetly I mean I tried the OFP MCM's M1A2 against the PLA mod's ZT99(over powered) where 1 ZT99 took out 12 abrams and it takes 6 shots of HE afpsds to kill a ZT99. So we can't know

danes got A6's in Afghanistan right now. But its more as back up I believe.

the leopard 2a5dk that the danes are using in the stan is as da12thMonkey said used as support for troops which already now has been proven extremely valuable for the troops since the rounds doesnt do as much damage as a plane bomb does to the buildings around there... anyways m8 nice work gonna be a good addition for arma..