Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

RtmToolbox V2.2.1 beta

Apologies in advance to the moderators if this isnt the right place to post this.

Basically i made a tool designed to be used in parallel with OFP anim, to make animations for OFP/ArmA.

RtmToolbox.jpg

here's an overview of the various functions:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Note that by default, the tool always saves the animation after each operation. i stronly recommand to always make

backups of your anims before you do anything with this tool. you can uncheck "save rtm automatically" and use

File/save as instead if you dont like this feature.

Here's a quick overview of the various functions of this tool :

** Components menu **

* Linking profile manager

use liking profile manager to create a linking profiles. this tells the tool how the animated components are attached

to each other, which one is to be used as center component, the location of their pivots etc... To find the location

of the pivots, open your model in o2, place a vertex where the pivot should be. The coordinates of this vertex in o2

are the coordinates you need to enter as pivot in this tool.

* Component Job manager

this dialog helps you add/remove/rename animated components in your animation. you can save it as a "component job

script" which will allow you to reuse it later or apply it to entire directory of anims.

** Frames menu **

* Insert/delete frames

This dialog allows your to insert/delete frames from rtm2 to rtm1. It will recalculate the proper frame timestamps if

you need it to. In this case you need to enter the playtime (from ofp anim or your config) into the main form. Note

that the exact values doesnt matter, what matter is the ratio between rtm1 and rtm2's playtimes.

* merge anims

This function will merge rtm1 with rtm2, recalculating the frames timestamp proportionally to both anim's playtimes.

* split anim

same as above except it will split rtm1 in two parts.

* reverse anim

This will reverse the order of the frames in rtm1 (and recalculate the frames timestamp). use it to, for example,

reverse a transition from Stand to Crouch to get the Crouch to Stand transition.

** Center menu **

* Center with offset

This helps you re-center your anim or add an offset to it. Recentering an animation is necessary for all your anims

to use the same center. (or else your soldier will be shifted when going from one anim to another with a different

center ingame).

* apply/cancel totalmove

this will either cancel the total move value (reapply it to the frame's offsets, and set value to 0) or calculate the

proper total move value (remove offsets from frames and set total move value). This is useful for any animation that

ends with a different center than the first frames' center. For example a running animation. Total move is what tells

ofp (and probably arma ?) how much the soldier has physically moved at the end of the animation. without this the

soldier would jump back to where he started. Before you do any work on an animation, you most definitly want to

cancel total move. note that ofp anim does not render the total offsets properly, so your anim might look weird in

ofp anim after this tool as calculated the values for you, but it will work fine ingame.

* ReCenter all anims in dir.

this will re-center/re-total move all anims in a directory (and subdir if you choose it). This way you can recenter

all your animations at once, and it will also sort out the proper total move values for you.

** Context menu in component linking tree **

right click on any component will bring up the context menu. note that any operation you choose will only be applied

to the frames you selected in the main form's frame lists for both anims, and only to the component you select in the

linking treeview. Note that most operations will ask you if you want to apply the same thing to the components

attached to it.

* Copy move

This will do a relative copy of the moves from rtm2 to rtm1. note that ofp anim has a similar function but what it

does is an absolute copy. This one does a relative copy so no matter where your components are located in the frame

you copy from, they will always be attached properly in the frame you copy to.

* Rotate

allow you to rotate a component or the entire anim in several modes. absolute center is 0,0,0, relative center is the

pivot you entered in components linking manager. absolute axis is the x,y,z axis you see in ofp anim, relative axis

is the axis relative to the component it's attached to.

* Translate

translates a component (shift)

* Rescale

rescale a component (this is quite experimental)

* Reset

this will reset a component's move relative to the component its attached to. you can use this to redo a rotation

that was badly made in ofp anim (for example fix a broken neck)

* Translate name

this is to translate the czech names to english names or whatever you want them to be displayed as.

mirror @ Armaholic.com

mirror @ Combat-Prison.net

mirror @ ArmedAssault.info

make sure you read the readme for installation etc...

Hopefully this will be of some help for anyone working on rtm animations.

Note that this is a beta version, which is why some of the functionalities are innaccessible as these are still under development.

cheers

Fab

thx for the tools, might help fix lots of problem the stock anime have

notworthy.gif

So.. Lets just say I wanted to make a new Character animation for a soldier, say waving or something without motion capture (to be played when triggered in a mission), how would i go about doing this?

so basically we could import ofp anims into Arma? Top work!

i take what you are trying to say is that a faster pace anime is possible(as it is in OFP) rgr? (hint hint) wink_o.gif

ofp static animations were weird, the soldier stood slumped over with his gun touching his face. The movement anims had a nice pace though, I like the run (not sprinting) anims compared to arma's. There were lots of custom animations made for ofp, it would be nice if we could reuse them.

ofp static animations were weird, the soldier stood slumped over with his gun touching his face. The movement anims had a nice pace though, I like the run (not sprinting) anims compared to arma's. There were lots of custom animations made for ofp, it would be nice if we could reuse them.

Sanctuary's come to mind. I'd like to see the death animation sped up a notch.

Congratulations for this release.

Basically, everything an animator that has been using OFPAnim to make animations dreamed to see added to this program, RTMToolbox delivers to you.

Having been using it a bit recently (i built the space marines animations from the OFP WH40K mod with RtmToolbox and OFPAnim), i can say is that RTMToolbox is a fantastic real time saver, and it helps a very lot to build dynamic animations and transitions between them.

Something that OFPAnim was making very difficult for the animator because of the very limited options you had in it.

After you get the hang of RTMToolbox, you will wonder how it was even possible to work on OFPAnim without it.

The fact RTMToolbox support both OFP and ArmA and allow conversions should open a lot of doors for the ArmA modders that want animations for their addons. (for ArmA animators, remember the skeleton Solus made for ArmA to use in OFPAnim)

so basically we could import ofp anims into Arma? Top work!

note quite yet. you can indeed rename the components and add new ones to make an OFP anim match Arma's animated component list, but you wont get a useable anim out of it because OFP soldiers and ArmA soldiers have different "reset" positions. There is a way around this thou, but i need to add another function to make the conversion from/to Arma/OFP work.

@El nino Foxhound: thanks for the mirror. To answer your question, this tool was designed to complete the functions that are badly needed in OFP anim, but you can use it in parallel with whatever you use to animate soldiers as long as it produces .rtm files.

Quote[/b] ]for ArmA animators, remember the skeleton Solus made for ArmA to use in OFPAnim)

? is there link

I wonder if there any solution to make anims in max/maya like for majority of the games ?

I wonder if there any solution to make anims in max/maya like for majority of the games ?

quite a while ago i remember someone made a script to export rtm from 3dsmax. that was for OFP but since OFP rtm format = ArmA rtm format there shouldnt be any problems...

Quote[/b] ]for ArmA animators, remember the skeleton Solus made for ArmA to use in OFPAnim)

? is there link

Click Me