Sign in to follow this  
mazza

Enhanced Configuration System

I love this mod...but hate it when it's constantly raining and my other multiplayer team mates not using the mod...don't have rain! I just can't see anything to help them out!

Changing the setting ECS_public2 in the configuration file "@ECS\Bin\ECS_public.hpp" to 'false' will shut off the dynamic weather of ECS.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ECS_public2[] = {false};

The setting ECS_public3 lets you set the average time after which the dymanic weather will change. By default it's set to 45 minutes. If you don't want to completly shut off that feature then set this value lower, so it's not raining for about 45 minutes but changing more frequently.

Note, that in a multiplayer game the machine acting as ECS_server is overwriting the ECS_public settings of all other ECS_clients with his own.

Also consider, that when the dedicated server is running the server version, and the dynamic weather is enabled on it, then the dynamic weather is forced on ALL clients, even if they are not running ECS.

It would be good in a way with dynamic weather to break it down not just time legth before change, but time length for each change.

Therefore I could have 45 mins of all weather types and just set rain/bad weather to less.

Did anyone else notice a reduction of the voice-chat (like the "Frag out!" or random voice-files)?

Could this be a "problem" with 1.12b? All other sounds (ambience, radiochatter in vehicles, tinnitus etc.) work fine.

MfG Medicus

Firstly This mod is great for co-op, love the new ambience that it brings.

On the negative side though, how can a mission maker STOP ECS mod from removing all fog from a PvP map? The mission specifies fog and visibility settings, which til now has worked fine, but join with ECS enabled on your system and the fog disappears (for you), view distance gets changed and the map balance becomes completely screwed.

Don't want to ban ECS mopd users from playing on server, but how can this part of the mod be disallowed?

Would it be possible if there's no quick fix to allow for a #define that mission makers could use in their init's to disable this part of the mod for PvP maps?

Unless im mistaken all the things your refer to can be edited in the public files (check its readme and the rest of this thread / the above few posts).

You can set max view distance and minimum view distance, plus weather timing too. To be honest, dig a little deeper and read the readme more, you would have never posted tounge2.gif

ECS was designed for coop games, not for PvP.

Anyway you still have a few possiblities:

1) Install the ECS_server addon on your dedicated server and edit the configuration file ECS_public.hpp to shut off the dynamic weather. That should stop it from changing the fog.

It's not enough when you edit this in your ECS_client alone, because you don't know if you're going to become the ECS_server among clients. The view distance settings is not a part of the public settings, so it can't be forced by the ECS_server. But that doesn't matter here, as you can control the viewdistance by controlling the fog.

2) It should also be possible to control the ECS settings of each client within the mission without having the server version installed on the dedicated server.

But: DO NOT experiment with it on your own, as you could cause serious trouble when changing something of the system of ECS by scripting. We're going to review this issue and hope that we can offer you an easy solution for the PvP missions.

Is there a way of adding extra radio chatter to vehicles? I have some extra files I can cut up to add more, but I'm not sure how would I go about adding it to ECS. Any suggestions?

Yes there is a way. Actually a pretty simple one:

You can create plugins for ECS.

Only downside is: Noone knows about this. We couldn't publish any info about this yet, because we're busy with the patch 1.0.1.52

Give us some time to create a "How-to" for ECS plugins.

@Betsalel

What about the content of your Arma.rpt I was asking for? Did you fix the problem with the CTDs yourself, did you forget it or don't you want my help?

Ok cool, thanks.

As far as the RPT, what I did was cleared it (must have had stuff going back to when I first had it installed, damn thing was 10 miles long) and retried to duplicate the error/CTD's. Oddly it's not happening anymore. I have no idea why it stopped, but hey I'm not complaining lol. But if I notice it coming back again I'll post the information. But for the time being it seemed to have fixed itself strangely enough, so fingers crossed on this one. smile_o.gif

Ah man I just hope I didn't jinx it now telling you it's fixed, lol. crazy_o.gif

@[WWS]WarWolf

put this line at the start of the init.sqs/init.sqf of the mission:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[] exec "ECS_adjustSettings.sqs";

and create a ECS_adjustSettings.sqs script file with this content:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;wait for ECS to finish start up

@ECS_initialized

;disable dynamic viewdistance

ECS_local set[6, false];

;force dynamic fog off

ECS_public set[16, false];

;disable dynamic weather

ECS_public set[2, false];

exit;

you can also adjust other ECS_local or ECS_public settings here. See here for details: ECS settings table

One thing you could add here, that you put something in, like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player sidechat "This PvP mission adjusts your ECS settings to restore the equality of opportunity. ECS Features that have been disabled: ""dynamic weather"", ""dynamic fog"", ""dynamic view distance"".";

So that players who don't know about this, don't start complaining why this and that is not working in this mission.

Please report back, if it's fully working (it should). You might test it for JIP, too.

if the server files are installed will it install the AI addons onto the server so clients without the mod installed get the benefit of the new AI features like the below addons;

Other mods on the server include; durgs veg fix and six_sense pack2 addons.

would i need the themis addon aswell with the above addons?

thanks

if the server files are installed will it install the AI addons onto the  server so clients without the mod installed get the benefit of the new AI features like the below addons;

yes

Other mods on the server include; durgs veg fix and six_sense pack2 addons.

would i need the themis addon aswell with the above addons?

thanks

yes, you need themis as soon as you have one addon installed that uses XEH.

First off, have to say I love this addon. Add's so much to the immersion level of the game. But unfortunatly it's a bit too "beefy" to let it all run full tilt on my system.

I've managed to tone it down via the local and public.hpp files however it seems that the AI enhancements have an undesirable effect on the FSM's used in the Quarantine mission (About all I play anymore) namely the Friendly AI target the "Enemy" targets (Renegade civillian / zombies) with much less voracity if at all. Most times they stand there and just let the Zombies to attack without any response. Sadly this happens even after having removing the @ECS bit from my target path.

So I guess I'm just curious as to if the ECS mod alters any of the AI related stock settings in a way that might require editing a config back to a pre-ECS condition or if you've got any other suggestions as to a possible solution to this problem? (I've already tried by restoring the local & public.hpp files to original and letting it reinitialize, AND by changing the generic "difficulty settings", en/disabling "Super AI" etc. but no luck as yet. Slight improvment, but no real "back to normal" so far.)

**Edit**

Ok, scratch that. I set the generic game difficulty back to default again and things seem to have returned to normal. Previously I had just fiddled with the AI skill level. Odd.

Just save as and overwrite it, this will then save as that extension.

In text editor if you open, play around and then click "save" it will prompt to overwrite, and this will indeed still be .hpp

Hmmm....Nothing happens...

I tryied to change the viewdistance from

1200 to 2500 wich in my system is verry

stable even on ALL high settings in MP...

But it still changes back to 1200..

I would like to be able to set my own VD..

In the ECS Menu...Like texture settings...

Would that be too much?? Its an awsome

mod allready but this would make it more

awsome... icon_rolleyes.gif

you can change VD values min/max into ECS_local.hpp sub 7)...by default it's 1200/4500, then set true sub 6) of the same file. Save and voilà!

OK i have to change in !TWO rows...

And if i whant the def value to be 2500 that nr is

the first i set.

But how do you chnage it to the sec value in the menue?

When i hit esc and press ECS and check the VD, were do

you change to a higher value??

I still think it should be adjustable manualy.

Maby in 500m steps. 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500

and on..

PROBLEM:

Whenever I have ECS enabled, and the enemy uses AK's far away, I get these distorted "popping" sounds. Is this a common bug for ECS? This happens with both lite and HD version of ECS. I have tried playing games without ECS, and the problem goes away. I have tried installing beta audio drivers for my soundcard too. Sondigo Inferno.

OK i have to change in !TWO rows...

And if i whant the def value to be 2500 that nr is

the first i set.

But how do you chnage it to the sec value in the menue?

When i hit esc and press ECS and check the VD, were do

you change to a higher value??

I still think it should be adjustable manualy.

Maby in 500m steps. 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500

and on..

Its not in the menu, its in the actual file in the mod folder wher you have ECS installed.

Goto your ECS mod install folder and check out the help it will explain all.

Naaa...This is stupid...

1: I open it in notepad

2: I change ECS Local 16 to true

3: I change ECS Local 17 to 2500, 10000

Then i try to save but i get "The file could not be created...

Check file path and name..

I press OK and i get a "Save File As". I then press Save

I get Confirm and i press YES...And AGAIN i get

"The file could not be created, Check file path and name".

I press Ok then NOTHING...

OH, and NOO, nothing is changed from original file...

Im running Vista32, SP1...

Stop bumping a thread just cause you're impatient.