Sign in to follow this  
mazza

Enhanced Configuration System

Many thanks to ECS team and people who have helped integrate other addons smile_o.gif

Download Sources

ArmA ECS

Armed Assault Info

Important!!!

I would strongly recommend that you visit the thread Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion for latest version of instructions

Instructions

As requested by MrCash2009 smile_o.gif (thanks for that prompt), the information below is taken from The.D's thread Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion

Quote[/b] ]The Enhanced Configuration System (ECS) is a privately developed addon for Armed Assault by the ECS team.

It was riginally written for Operation Flashpoint in 2005, to increase the Co-operative gameplay, game environment, effects, and AI reactions. The project was completely reworked for Armed Assault in February 2007. Since then, the project has grown and expanded to include many features far beyond it's original inception.

The mod was expressly intended for co-op use only and is not geared to PvP missions. It is however fully compatible in both single and multiplayers modes, including the campaign and Queen's Gambit

Quote[/b] ]

3) Introducing ECS (beta)

3.1) What is ECS?

---

ECS stands for "Enhanced Configuration System".

It's a collection of scripts and other upgrades, substantially created by project leader L. François. The mod introduces a multitude of expanding features to ArmA and came at first unnoticed by the community.

Due to its early stage of development in terms of compatibility some tweaks are necessary to get it in line with the files discussed here in this list.

This is, presumably, a temporary stage but I will post it here nonetheless, as some of ECS' features are most definitely in the "must-have" section of this compilation.

Features we would like to make use of:

- ECS AI enhacements

- ECS additional effects (fire, explosions, weather system)

- ECS sound immersion (radio chatter, environmental sounds)

Dispensebale features, due to superior alternatives and/or compatibility issues:

- ECS weapon and projectile sounds

- ECS "mute radio" system

- ECS tracer effects

(- ECS ballistics (and recoil?)) (somehow ECS interferes with NWD and Q11 - this can be changed by loading order, see below)

Now that we have an overview, let's get started.

Please pay attention to following the instructions by word if you are not familiar with editing files yourself.

Also keep in mind ECS is quite modular and allows for a lot of user-specific configurations. Refer to their site for more details and support.

3.2) Tweaking for compatibility

---

- Download ECS from their site and install it.

Mirror: ArmedAssault.info, thank you, ofpdeadeye!

- Make the installation XEH-Ready by downloading the modified ECS_Core.pbo and replacing the original one (make a backup!wink_o.gif - Thanks for the idea and concept, sickboy, and thank you for the file, Matt Rochelle!

XEH download location

- Add a folder named "Disabled Add Ons" to your \@ECS\AddOns directory.

- move the following files into this folder*:

- ECS_Armory.pbo, thus re-enabling a sound mod of your choice (Tested and works)

- ECS_Quiet.pbo, re-enabling radio voices (Tested and works)

- ECS_Tracers.pbo, re-enabling SIX tracers (Tested and works)

Important: Removing the add on files per se will cause the singleplayer game to run unstable! Savegames will not be loaded anymore as they detect to be reliant on the now "missing" add on files!

To run this properly you have to adjust the config.cpp of ECS_Core.pbo, as user mrcash2009 found out! Thanks for the info, mate!

Here's a prepared XEH-ready ECS_Core.pbo with removed Tracer, Misc, Armory and Quiet entries! (Seems to work, feel free to add comments or suggestions!wink_o.gif

Replacement ESC_Core.pbo download location

- Tweak the .hpp files to properly enable Matt Effects. I took the liberty to upload two presets but play with them to your own liking.

- Run Armed Assault with ECS as the first custom entry in your mod loading order, i.e. Code Sample  

"...\Armed Assault\beta\arma.exe" -maxmem=512 -nosplash  -profiles=Profiles -mod=beta;DBE1;@ECS;@AACF;@General;@NWD;@Proper;@Replacements;@SIX;@TrueMod

This last step apparently is of major importance to make NWD and Q11's ballistics and weapons tweaks work. I don't know why. Probably Jebus' fault.

---

That should do it for now. The AI enhancements of ECS are a huge improvement and so far there was no compatibility issue with any of the previous AI add ons.

Above all, the sound immersion this mod brings is highly recommendable and definitely a must-have for simulation fans. We hope to see the rest of the compatibility issues clearing up in future developments.

All of us like to express our most sincere appreciation for the author's work!

I installed. I has not been disappointed. Perfect work !!!

Thx for all members ECS Team notworthy.gif

I think I'm missing something. Installed the high definition version, but I'm not getting any voice effects, bleeding effects, tracers, or anything. The only addon in the addons folder is extended event handlers, and I'm playing 1.09 with Queen's Gambit. When there's armor, I get a can't find config.bin error, too.

Also, the ECS engine refused to start when I tried it in Sahrani.

Quote[/b] ]yeah it rejects all QG.
 It runs fine with QG here.  I am running 1.09 exe
Quote[/b] ]I think I'm missing something. Installed the high definition version, but I'm not getting any voice effects, bleeding effects, tracers, or anything. The only addon in the addons folder is extended event handlers, and I'm playing 1.09 with Queen's Gambit. When there's armor, I get a can't find config.bin error, too.

To avoid potential conflicts I run the ECS and no other mods.  I too don't yet have any tracers due to conflicts?? with 6th tracers

QG will work fine with it.

Its because ECS is not compatible with ANYTHING that uses the extended_eventhandlers pbo.

so.. MatH_rain, Arma_effects, Q11jams, 6th blood/tracers/misc/tools, NIMs_weather, sdp_vehicles etc will cause ECS to stop working - the 'ECS initialised' will fail to appear in the top left corner.

Shame as this is an awesome awesome mod, and the only thing really missing is a decent tracer effect. Be nice if the ECS team could rewrite it for EEH - but judging from the amount of work theyve put in and not sure if its realistic.

This might be a nice Addon/Mod, but the fact that it's using a custom eventHandler setup, instead of following community compliance addons like the eXtended EventHandlers addon, is imho unacceptable (Even though it's everyone's free choice of course smile_o.gif)

Converting this to be compatible with XEH is about 1 minute work.

Quote[/b] ]Converting this to be compatible with XEH is about 1 minute work.

would you be willing to tell us how? i have no experience in Arma scripting/programing. and im really missing the 6th tracers sickboy smile_o.gif

Any info on how to make ECS compatible with current standards would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know why they chose to make it an isolated mod instead of a truly modular system - I guess it's the sheer complexity, but still: I don't see why the things like tracers and environmental sounds couldn't exist as stand-alone mods.

I'd rather not use ECS than having to abandon Chammy's/AACF/FROMZ sound modifications, MattEffects, NWD Tanks and you name it.. It'd be a real shame not to be able to include ECS and (some of) its features!

Think you can get around the soundpack (weapon sounds anyway) issue by removeing the ecs_armoury pbo and running your chosen soundmod alongside. Everything esle AI sounds, ambient environment will work fine still.

IMPORTANT

Its made for Co-Op Game Play on a server too...

Most if not all features work in the MP editor and online if the server also has the mod running.. [ GOL server ]

I have found that in SP when you press ESC and ECS nothing happens but it does happen when in the MP screen. smile_o.gif

What's a good addon!

So many Enhanced

Bullets whiz is perfect. Other sounds are plain.

Any way, I like it, Thanks a lot!

If everything's correct, loading a soundMod as last modfolder will overwrite the sounds of other mods, depending on the inheritance tree setup.

ECS - XEH Compatibility

Untested. Make sure you have latest XEH Installed. Still streaming through the rest of the PBO's to see if any harm's done due to this change.

ecs_core.pbo - main.hpp:

Remove:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class ECS_eventHandlers

{

init = ECS_EH_INIT;

hit = "[1,_this] call (ECS_functions select 111)";

killed = "[2,_this] call (ECS_functions select 111)";

dammaged = "[3,_this] call (ECS_functions select 111)";

fired = "[4,_this] call (ECS_functions select 111)";

incomingMissile = "[5,_this] call (ECS_functions select 111)";

getIn = "[6,_this] call (ECS_functions select 111)";

getOut = "[7,_this] call (ECS_functions select 111)";

};

Change:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class AllVehicles: All

{

class EventHandlers: ECS_eventHandlers {};

};

class Building;

class NonStrategic;

class Land;

class LandVehicle: Land

{

};

class Air: AllVehicles

{

};

class Helicopter: Air

{

};

class Plane: Air

{

};

class AV8B: Plane

{

};

Into: http://pastebin.com/f1c4b80db

Above Class CfgVehicles, add: http://pastebin.com/f4d95a25d

ecs_core.pbo - config.cpp

change:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">requiredAddons[] ={"CAAir","CAAir3","CAA10","CAAir3_Su34","CAAnimals","CABuildings","CAData","CACharacters","CAFonts", "CAMisc","CASounds","CATracked","CAWater", "CAWeapons","CAWheeled","CAWheeled3","CAWheeled3_M1030","CAWheeled3_TT650"};

Into:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">requiredAddons[] ={"CAAir","CAAir3","CAA10","CAAir3_Su34","CAAnimals","CABuildings","CAData","CACharacters","CAFonts", "CAMisc","CASounds","CATracked","CAWater", "CAWeapons","CAWheeled","CAWheeled3","CAWheeled3_M1030","CAWheeled3_TT650","Extended_EventHandlers"};

@ Sickboy someone might want to PM the mod who make this so they put it into there newer versions etc.. btw thanks biggrin_o.gif

@ Sickboy someone might want to PM the mod who make this so they put it into there newer versions etc.. btw thanks  biggrin_o.gif

I believe every addon/mod creater knows about XEH.

Most well established addons use it. In this light, I do not believe they simply 'forgot' or didn't know about it.

As such I am inclined to conclude that their setup is on purpose / by choice, so I don't believe sending this will help.

But hey, who knows, I'm not all knowing tounge2.gif

Yay, that's a huge step forward! Thank you all!

tested it already matt? biggrin_o.gif

Im fast.. lets just say.. i knw my way around a config when i see one.. but testing now..

!!

Yeah My 6th Tracers Are Working !!

Of course they are :-)

The question really is; Does the ECS stuff still works :-D

Of course they are :-)

The question really is; Does the ECS stuff still works :-D

Yeah of course.. there shouting "Grenade" when i chuck one.. explosion effects seem to be working so is the console so yeah ECS works too. tounge2.gif

AI dynamic situation specific chat: check

AI suppressive fire: check

Vehicle radio chatter: check

Ambient wildlife: check

Secondaries on tanks with buring crew: check

6th tracersn ow working: check

yep. id say it was all good now smile_o.gif

many thanks to sickboy and matt for making my morning xmas_o.gif

so, i can use my soundmod plus this one for the extra voices in combat? man, that would be sweet, thx alot all!

getting an error message when trying to start my arma.exe.

"Include file @ECS\bin\ECS_local.hpp not found"

I put the pbo Matt posted in my addon folder.