Sign in to follow this  
ONI.au

FAV's

after many hours of going over models and working with the design team on these babies im proud to show you guys work in progress of buggies we are working on for a mod my team are putting together

now there is going to be a chinese version and a US version for the mod  we are doing but we will be releasing them as separate addons for those that want to use them in mods

however they wont be manned they will be empty vehicles meant for mutliplayer at this stage

we are however having a few issues and if anyone can help us with the configs then it would be very appreciated

anyways here are some images please remember these are a WIP and not complete

(btw thx to johnny for the use of his buggies as a base for the FAV's and also to jantemplar and choib for thier fantastic work getting these to look as close to the real deal as possible)

buggy1lr4.jpg

buggy2vo0.jpg

Oh, very nice, do you need an extra beta tester? I have been testing a few personal addons of my own lately (mostly experimentation) and I could take on another project (especially one as neat as this smile_o.gif )

we have a rather ful group of betatesters at this point mate (we all use voice coms as testing is being done so things can be fixed on the spot) and as you know too many voices drowns out the room lol but we are looking for experienced configgers to help with a couple of the issues we have with the models one of which is setting up the gunners to work the way we want (same principle as the gunners from the blackhawks is what we have in mind) and also we plan to add a second gun to the passenger seat (in the chinese version the weapon would be thier lmg created by fromz with the US the m249)

these are things we want to fix

gunners cant access the gunners seat

invisible wall in the model inside the rollcage

and a few lod issues

once these issues are rectified and the textures finalised we will put out a beta to our team and wont be long after that that the public beta will be available

Great rofl.gif

Delta Force/Joint Operations car ?

screen2.jpg

These are from OFP right?

I remember having a similar addon on my HD... Cool to see it coming to arma smile_o.gif

as far as i know these arent port overs but recent models but same principle as the ofp models(person to ask would be johny)

Hi, i personaly dislike the rear wheels size and deepness, i think that

will look better if were more like this FAV . Let's C ya

I too have to say the rear wheels (ignoring comparisons to real life vehicles) just apear to be too big scale wise anyway?

Like a drag racer or bigger .... I would suggest IMHO to bring them down, and marry them to the example given above.

Great to see this coming though! pistols.gif

David Stirling must be spinning in his grave.  wink_o.gif

These armed moon-buggies might be fun to scoot around in

though. The real ones, I believe, can also mount RCL rifles

and belt-fed mortars. Are you going to offer any of those

variants too?

An "ironclad" version might be a laugh too - whizzing around

with rounds whanging off the plating...  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ](btw thx to johnny for the use of his buggies as a base for the FAV's and also to jantemplar and choib for thier fantastic work getting these to look as close to the real deal as possible)

JOHN ore JOHNSART is wright ...autor of this Buggys-johns_buggys - Permission gave to MATTreworked as Chinese FAV.

never released for OFP (only ARMA) ....----> do the rearwheels smaller as the real --chenothw--

take care buddy and keep it up , i had the same gunner problem befor...thats why i released first the crazy buggys.

cheers

we will fix the rear wheels (used the originals) and as was said in my first post these are a work in progress not a finnished product so lets keep that in mind

when finished we will have a chinese variant and a US variant available as separate pbo's

we are making a chinese variant to accompany fromz's chinese special forces aswell as a US version for a mod we are working on

there already is they are made by JOHNsArT and are available on Armaholic or Armedassault.info as well as many other arma sites just got to look

David Stirling must be spinning in his grave.  wink_o.gif

These armed moon-buggies might be fun to scoot around in

though. The real ones, I believe, can also mount RCL rifles

and belt-fed mortars. Are you going to offer any of those

variants too?

An "ironclad" version might be a laugh too - whizzing around

with rounds whanging off the plating...  biggrin_o.gif

the recoiless rifle was dropped from the program as they were finding it shook the body of the buggies too much to the point of near flipping the things as far as alternate loadouts we will be placing the Mk19's and the AGS30 on both the variants and we will also be doing a desert and black version of them aswell as far as an iron clad i dont know if that was ever thought of at this stage i would have to talk to some of my buddies in the states and see what i can find out lol

Quote[/b] ]The original tests used commercial dune buggies modified to carry weapons such as TOW missiles and recoilless rifles. The recoilless rifles still had enough recoil that they were abandoned (they tended to flip the light dune buggies). The TOW missiles had much greater success, but they violated existing Army TOW doctrine. The Army had determined that a TOW needed a 3 man team to operate it. The FAVs could only carry a two man crew and they seemed perfectly capable of operating the TOW, but this would have meant revisiting Army doctrine and possibly changing TOW deployment throughout the Army. Fort Benning decided to offer a "superior" FAV design that allowed a third crewman. This design was rejected by the HTLD team and was never produced.

the recoiless rifle was dropped from the program as they were finding it shook the body of the buggies too much to the point of near flipping the things as far as alternate loadouts we will be placing the Mk19's and the AGS30 on both the variants and we will also be doing a desert and black version of them aswell as far as an iron clad i dont know if that was ever thought of at this stage i would have to talk to some of my buddies in the states and see what i can find out lol

Yes, I can believe that about the RCL rifles. "Recoilless" is a

relative term.

Go on, do an ironclad one. It'd be like "The A Team"!  biggrin_o.gif

any chance u can make these go faster than 120kmph? or is it a "game engine limitation"?

Very Nice FAV ,but make real those wheels  smile_o.gif

BTW if want some strong FAV/Buggy engine sound , PM me wink_o.gif

rstratton:

They are much faster and they go literaly over the hill flying once you get them up to full speed.

It seems when your driving you can go slow a bit, but once you hit the hills, weeeeeeee.

Only problem is, on road = fast, on dunes and sand= fast

but on grass = STOP

not sure there.

RobertHammer: Thanks, i have already fixed the wheels and i have also added a M249 to the front, we are getting there.

Sgt Savage gave us a sound, but if its military grade we will have a look. (military grade meaning great quality.)

Commando84: There will be unarmed versions, but they will have American and Chinese skins.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, but we are getting there, and we will keep adding changing etc, to make it perfect for everyone.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.giffirefoxlover.gif

updated by the team just now

M2 variant

fav1xu1.jpg

and the Mk19 variant

fav2wb4.jpg

only a few slight issues and some beta testing and these beauties will be off the production line guys will let you know when they are ready

all the best

ONI

If you need help on having the turrets working, feel free to use the mlod i released with multiple turrets.

Link

Keep up the good work.

ONI.au, do not hotlink pictures over 100KB.