Sign in to follow this  
Evil_Clown

RVMAT Templates!

Well i would really want to know what the RVMAT file for the forest texture in sahrani looks like. And all the other RVMAT files that cant be ripped from the template island, like rock and north grass etc..

Does anybody know? Is there a template list for RVMAT files so that clutters look like they should?

I know that there is a thread about RVMAT files, so dont link to it.

If you have a good looking forest RVMAT file, post it in the thread please. I need something that works with the north-forest texture/ Pine trees. help.gif

Here's what I use. I just used other rvmat's and renamed what I needed to to create the proper texture:

For forest floor with ferns, grass & occasional flowers use lesjeh. Rvamt text. Note the folder naming needs to be changed to your file folders:

ambient[] = {0.9,0.9,0.9,1};

diffuse[] = {0.9,0.9,0.9,1};

forcedDiffuse[] = {0.02,0.02,0.02,1};

specular[] = {0.0,0.0,0.0,0};

specularPower = 1; // specular interpolator must be enabled

emmisive[] = {0,0,0,0};

PixelShaderID = "NormalMapDiffuse";

VertexShaderID = "NormalMapDiffuseAlpha";

//surfaceInfo = "landtext\bumps.bisurf";

class Stage1

{ // normal map

texture="Schmalfelden\Data\lesjeh_detail_nohq.paa";

uvSource="tex";

class uvTransform

{

aside[] = {10,0,0};

up[] = {0,10,0};

dir[] = {0,0,10};

pos[] = {0,0,0};

};

};

class Stage2

{

texture="Schmalfelden\Data\lesjeh_detail_co.paa";

uvSource="tex";

class uvTransform

{

aside[] = {10,0,0};

up[] = {0,10,0};

dir[] = {0,0,10};

pos[] = {0,0,0};

};

};

Use trava for thick green grass.

travajih is the thinner dry grass.

UnPBO sara.pbo to get these.

ArmA does the rest using the info from the config.cpp

I'm no expert but this has given the results I need for the time being - ie to mimic what is in ArmA.

Here's what I use. I just used other rvmat's and renamed what I needed to to create the proper texture:

For forest floor with ferns, grass & occasional flowers use lesjeh. Rvamt text. Note the folder naming needs to be changed to your file folders:

ambient[] = {0.9,0.9,0.9,1};

diffuse[] = {0.9,0.9,0.9,1};

forcedDiffuse[] = {0.02,0.02,0.02,1};

specular[] = {0.0,0.0,0.0,0};

specularPower = 1; // specular interpolator must be enabled

emmisive[] = {0,0,0,0};

PixelShaderID = "NormalMapDiffuse";

VertexShaderID = "NormalMapDiffuseAlpha";

//surfaceInfo = "landtext\bumps.bisurf";

class Stage1

{ // normal map

texture="Schmalfelden\Data\lesjeh_detail_nohq.paa";

uvSource="tex";

class uvTransform

{

aside[] = {10,0,0};

up[] = {0,10,0};

dir[] = {0,0,10};

pos[] = {0,0,0};

};

};

class Stage2

{

texture="Schmalfelden\Data\lesjeh_detail_co.paa";

uvSource="tex";

class uvTransform

{

aside[] = {10,0,0};

up[] = {0,10,0};

dir[] = {0,0,10};

pos[] = {0,0,0};

};

};

So the text you copied is the forest fern rvmat? With all forest clutters?

I have noticed for some reason QG buggers up the grass clutter on Trava texture. Lesjeh and travajih are all fine though. Lesjeh is a great texture for thick pine forests looks really good

QG does have a nice desert grass though, now to get all 3 grasses working smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]So the text you copied is the forest fern rvmat? With all forest clutters?

Yes, that's it. Texture "lesjeh" is the key. Also note my config.cpp is the one from the sample map. Must be hard-coded or controlled elsewhere.

does anyone also have some strange codes in "map\data\layers\*.rvmat"?

rvmat_s.jpg

enlarge

I try to change them with UltraEdit, as they explain in one of the tutorials, but it simple doesn't replace the pgn to paa in "map\data\layers\*.rvmat".

When i open my "map\data\*.rvmat" all files look normal with alphabetic words and readable: (look pic "blue.rvmat" )

why do i have have those strange coded words in \data\layers\*.rvmat"?

note: i use same prog to open these kinda files. (notepade). Also tryed with wordpad and still coded.

how can i open these "map\data\layers\*.rvmat" and see them normally so i can change the png to paa?

They're binarized, if you want to open them in the MAT editor you'll have check the "text" option when importing satellite data.

-edit-

If you want to change text in multiple files with Ultraedit this is what you do:

1) Open Ultraedit, go to Search->Replace In files.

2)In the "Find" field you type PNG

3) In the "Replace With" filed you type in PAA

4) Leave the space in "In Files/Types" field blank.

5) In the "Directory" Filed you would type in your case P:\fallujah\data\layers

6) Then you click the "Replace All" button

7) Then save and exit.

Should work.

notworthy.gif Thanks for your help!

Very appreciated!

ill try when have some free time smile_o.gif

Thanks again inlove.gif

edit3: sorry for my ignorance, but

Quote[/b] ]They're binarized, if you want to open them in the MAT editor you'll have check the "text" option when importing satellite data.

can you explain more about this "MAT editor"? Do i need to use an extra prog "MAT editor" to make the rvmat readable and changeable?

notworthy.gif Thanks for your help!

Very appreciated!

ill try when have some free time smile_o.gif

Thanks again inlove.gif

edit3: sorry for my ignorance, but

Quote[/b] ]They're binarized, if you want to open them in the MAT editor you'll have check the "text" option when importing satellite data.

can you explain more about this "MAT editor"? Do i need to use an extra prog "MAT editor" to make the rvmat readable and changeable?

No, the MAT (Material) editor isn't something you need to use when working with terrain.

ok, i understand now.

My problem was that i had chosen option binary instead text when importing sat data. wink_o.gif

thanks smile_o.gif

ok, i understand now.

My problem was that i had chosen option binary instead text when importing sat data. wink_o.gif

thanks smile_o.gif

It really doesn't matter though as Ultraedit will still be able read and change the text in the data regardlessly, just make sure you binarize those RVMAT's when you compile your map.

ok, i understand now.

thanks smile_o.gif

It really doesn't matter though as Ultraedit will still be able read and change the text in the data regardlessly, just make sure you binarize those RVMAT's when you compile your map.

hum..

well i couldn't change png to paa in the rvmat using binary.

I just did change all rvmat but with option text.

how i binarize those RVMAT's again?

When you compile with binPBO you make sure Binarize is checked, also you may have to add *.rvmat; in Options-> "Files to pack" field.

damn, now im stuck..again.

I don't know how to Binarize all rvmat files again. confused_o.gif

I don't know what to do with BinPBO.

I added *.rvmat in options "list of files to copy directly" like you said but after that.. i have no idea how to make them binary again.

what i must do now?

Bravo6, don't worry about it. Concentrate on getting the map right, don't worry about binarizing stuff at this stage. Visitor3 will binarize them automatically.

but i want a quick test in game, not only in buldozer..

edit: problem is that i will not be able to see any textures only white if i at this stage export word for a quiky test.

In bulldozer i can see the textures..

but why cant i see textures in game?

ps- am i trying to learn too fast?

Sounds to me like you haven't tried it. I said that Visitor3 will convert the RVMAT files for you, you get the choice of binarize or text files. I've tried both and saw all textures ingame both times.

i don't know what you mean..

i can showl you what ive done so far..

Fallujah01_s.jpg

enlarge (1600x1200)

i finally know and understand what is suppose to be done.

Still need some tweaking in terrain elevation.. but time will come.

Thanks all for your support, patience and help.

Ill soon give some news about this new project.

You don't need to binarize to test it ingame, right-click>create PBO

The map is coming along good dude.

i think the problem that i was facing was that the path for the layers was not correct in visitor after importing data.

it can be confusing for new people on the subject..

all is ok now, thanks smile_o.gif

I made a table which contains all the colors of the mapLegend with their color codes and Original Bis Names

colors.JPG

Maybe someone knows some more definitions...there´re must be, cause of some textures named pole1 and the one from the RVMAT example lesje or that way...

The strange thing is that the colored stripes in the mapLegend seems to exist out of multiple colored areas. So when I checked the color code I noticed that some areas of the example color stripe have some different color codes.

An exampel: wet sand= Mosky Pisek - most known code is 0,0,0 also possible 7,3,0, or Sand = Pisek known as : 207,115,0 also possible as 201,105,0.

Thanks MemphisBelle, if that's accurate it will be quite useful.

Are these values hard coded into the engine or something? I cannot get clutter to work using custom RVMAT names. Example I use dmtrava instead of trava and get nothing. I do this so that I can possibly make some new textures without breaking the default maps, but clutter is proving problematic. I haven't seen any yet in my map.

Thanks MemphisBelle, if that's accurate it will be quite useful.

Are these values hard coded into the engine or something? I cannot get clutter to work using custom RVMAT names. Example I use dmtrava instead of trava and get nothing. I do this so that I can possibly make some new textures without breaking the default maps, but clutter is proving problematic. I haven't seen any yet in my map.

I think so. I am only a little confused about the different ways how to define a color. I also believe that the color codes are not soooooo important. The mapLegend only represence the different ways how to identify a texture in the engine. The most important structures to make the engime identify a texture is the RVMAT file name....Thats only my opinion, I dont know whether I am right or nor...please correct me if it´s needed