Sign in to follow this  
sander

Vehicle optics, rvmat and glow effect

Hi,

Has anyone succeeded in using optics on vehicle turrets that light up/glow? Neither Frandsen nor me have succeeded in getting the optic view of a vehicle mounted machinegun to emit any light, although the set up in the model (rvmat defined for the glowing parts) and config (CfgTextureToMaterial and CfgMaterials) is similar to that used for weapon addons where this does work (with the pathnames appropriately changed where necessary). Is this an engine limitation or are there any significant differences in the method needed to have the optics lighting up in the dark? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sander

Thanks for your response, emissive is indeed added to the RVMAT with the same values as used for the optic for normal hand held weapons. However unlike the hand held weapon's optic, the vehicle mounted MG optic still remains dull coloured. There must be something in the Arma vehicles that makes the half life value of the tritium accelerate, I guess crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif .

Regards,

Sander

Hi, to recreate the glow effect in 2D's optics i think that it needs

three 3D plain squares made with the O2, and the order or 'em should

be something like this:

A) Aiming Cross + Iluminated parts

B) Glowing Effect (a semi transparent texture set to: Shine)

C) Reticle Edge (the thing with the glass and the rubber at the sides)

I think that that will do it, "OFP style", i've try to get it for my M4's,

but seems that im too townfolk for make the transparency work

as it should on the photoshop .tga's and then transform it to .paa .

Let's C ya

Hi,

Thanks for your response. The problem encountered is that optics with glowing parts that work fine when used on hand held weaponry do not light up when used on vehicle mounted weapons, such as machineguns on a terrain vehicle. Neither the Elcan optic that I made for the LLW Diemaco's and - Minimi Para's nor the Aimpoint optic from Arma itself could be made to work. The parts that were supposed to light up stay dark when used as a turret optic whereas they do light up when used on a rifle or MG.

Regards,

Sander