Sign in to follow this  
Chip360

FN Scar, featured in 6th Sense Mod

I just recently finished downloading the 6th Sense mod (which was basically 4 gigs of addons I already have lol) to get to the Core "SIX" stuff, and my whole intent was just to find and use the SCAR weapon found within it.

I was wondering just how I could get the scar working in game without all the other Six stuff? All I want is the scar.

I was pretty excited when I noticed the "Six_Weapons_Pack" released a while ago... but was sad to find the Scar was not in it sad_o.gif

So I was looking at the config for the Six weapons pack, and comparing it to the mess of weapons stuff inside of the actual Sixth Sense Mod and I realllly do NOT know where to start! I'm afraid I really need help, and I really want to play with the scars.

Does anyone know how I can get the scar working in game without the mod? (perhaps editing and splicing of the weapons pack?)

scarakfinalwq4.jpg

Haha, seriously, why do people like yourself bother saying things like that? The addon maker (ScubaMan3d in this case)  was kind enough to slave over configs and a modeling program for weeks to bring such an excellent addition to the community, and Im sure he would like people to use it!

The work is already done, I just want to figure out how to use it in game (without enabling the sixth sense mod which I already basically have installed, I use many of the additions it brings already, including its tracers, but I do not want to enable the entire mod to use these scars.)

Sorry to be kind off topic, but is it just me or is that magazine look weird as hell?

scar_l-1.jpg

wut lol

so i cun mak me post count bigar

But that doesn't help much when a moderator catches you in the act and docks you 200 posts. smile_o.gif

lmao,

Anywho, so what I was doing was comparing the configs in the weapons pack with the configs in the weapons pbo of the 6th sense mod, and I got somewhat far but things got a bit too advanced and I sought out the help of the smartest armed assault editing minds I knew  wink_o.gif

I really hope someone can come forth with a solution (perhaps mr scubaman himself? =])

Edit: @Mabes, it does look a dib off lol, but im in love with the scar itself so I can live with it smile_o.gif

Edit2: I think thats actually a picture of the "ak47" version Scar, and it as such has that funky clip

Yep, the it's the SCAR-AK, developed for areas where the 7.62x39mm is more common than the 5.56x45mm ammunition.

The SCAR itself is meant to be a "all weapons in one", where you simply switch reciever and barrel after need, so that the soldier can carry a single rifle capable of using both 5.56mmN, 7.62mmN and 7.62x39mm. I'm not sure how common the parts for the latter is though, since you most commonly only see the SCAR-L or or SCAR-H in use. (But then again, it's not like we'd get pictures from BlackOps or other special operations where soldiers are outside of the normal area of supply tounge2.gif )

Yeah i have been waiting a long time for see the Scar in the game... Since i have no chance to do i my self, i had no other chance than to hope some one else did it...

Which model of the SCAR is in the mod....??

Give me a couple of sec's, ill export the configs of the mod into the official Weapon Pack and I'll share it to you.

If you could then report any (NON MODELING/TEXTURING) bugs, then ill finalize it and add it to the official WeaponPack release.

wut lol

But that doesn't help much when a moderator catches you in the act and docks you 200 posts. smile_o.gif

oh no, me posts are gone.

take them all away while you are at it thumbs-up.gif

wut lol

oh no, me posts are gone.

take them all away while you are at it thumbs-up.gif

Done, also removed custom title, in return have 1 warning level, please learn to act more responsibly in future.

oh man did that guy just get owned rofl.gif

oh man did that guy just get owned rofl.gif

You might be the next... for spamming the forums.