Sign in to follow this  
william1

FFN config replacement

I've noticed that anim is also working badly on Hilux/Datsun vehicles (as gunner), it just looks very strange. Plz check.

I find it weird that SLA team leaders and squad leaders are wearing officer uniforms I mean generals entering battle is one thing but in formal wear?

Theres a similar problem like the HUEY with the latest F18 mod (check the F18 thread).

HERE

Scroll down to "ConfuciusOFP" Post.

I wanted to see if this also fixed that ..thing is I might be dumb, but where exactly do i get "HWM_AIR.pbo" from?huh.gif

EDIT : from HERE

@ mrcash2009

ok roger , i will look into it aswell

edit : OK it seems Franze already prepared a fix to solve the problems with animations in F-18

@william1

I already made a quick fix which makes it compatible with this mod, so you can relax. smile_o.gif

thanks Franze , you answered when i was editing the post tounge2.gif

Nice update! There are some issues though:

1. What's with the parade ground uniform on the Russian/SLA team leaders.

2. The AI is completely far-sighted. I have put some scenarios together for test and noticed that the AI will close with enemy within knife range yet never take a shot at the man two feet away. I believe this problem is due to the AI not getting a "Engage at will" order and/or the engagement time per target is to long.

3. Would like to see the snipers act like snipers and engage at range and not charge in the fray of CQB, and also fire from the prone position.

4. AI still lacks the concept of level-of-force" small units charging into open ground against numerically larger force (2-4x) that also has armor instead of taking cover. The SLX beta I'm testing does as a good as job as possible in this regard within the constraints of the ArmA engine.

More on topic 2:

The following is an excerpt regarding AI in close combat that eludes at the what can be done within the confines of ArmA.

Quote[/b] ]I've lowered the time they spend firing on their target but I think part of the problem is the default ArmA AI, the engage command makes AIs focus only on the one target they are assigned, and they usually ignore everything else. The AI might work better if they are in the engage at will "red" combat mode, since the leader won't assign targets and the AIs might shoot at any targets they see, but then they might select their own targets and focus on those, but they can change their targets quickly too, instead of waiting for orders to shoot the enemy standing next to them.

@pickled14

first issue solved , the rest is up to the FFN mod core itself , nothing i can do about it since is property of TonyRanger.

update 17-03-08

new version 1.2 released , changes :

-corrected officerE showing instead SquadLeaderE and TeamLeaderE (Arma bug ? )

-integrated all fixes into the replacement so only one pbo is needed

-made extended eventhandlers compatible (needed)

-taken out some features like supressive fire or especialized soldiers only able to enter vehicles (pilots->planes/choppers,etc)

to reduce the lag to the max

-compatible with other mods like SIX tracers, Maddmats effects and @ECS mod.

(to make it compatible with @ECS mod you have to put @ECS mod before @FFN mod in the loading order , something like this:

"...\Armed Assault\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;DBE1;@ECS;@FFN;@NWD;@.. )

-initial release

you no longer need the fixes for the Huey, Queen's Gambit addons and Franze's F-18 , unistall the fixes if you have them installed . now only

"TR_OBJ.PBO" and "FFN_RELACEMENT" are needed

download link (sorry problems with crapidshare):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HKL3VYKP

Great work, can you make the AI use longer bursts for rifles as well?

The AI seems to use single shots on cqb too often, also it still waits too long before reacting

Do you have to type the scripts in to get the Ai to work or are they already implemented in on everyone?

I want to note something... I DO NOT agree with all "increase attack distance for all units" addons.

But

I like AddOns like "Sniper dist up to 1k, but soldier only 300" etc.

Let's see....

Soldiers are training shooting on targets far 50m up to 100m. And you must know that most of them got problem with accurate shooting at 100m after half year training (Maybe thats why soldiers are there 2 years xD )

So if possible, could you please separate "Increase distance" from addon?

Static and other animations doesn't work with your mod both on versions 1.09 and 1.11 - tested it on standart missions and campaigns + applying moves from ICP pack in editor. No other mods except QG and FFN were applied.

Any fixes coming?

@Vultar

unpbo the replacement and delete the entry "_this exec ""\TR_OBJ\TAG\int.sqs""; from the init eventhandler in Camabase class , that should only leave the dodge and cqb movements only in the replacement and keep the default engage distance.

@NSXr , maybe i'll ttake a look one of these days

William1:

- There are numerous config lines that aren't really needed to make the scripts work properly since these .cpp/.hpp lines represent just a couple of additions (Mines, a few extra animations...), these lines slightly disturb the configs of extra-addons due to the inheritance issued by their classes.

Therefore, I would suggest, of course depending on your free time, to completely wipe out all unnecessary features and exclusively keep the most needed classes in the config.

Since you will be modifying 'TR_OBJ', which is the core .pbo in question, then Tony's permission might be required, unless you already get it, of course.;]

Regards,

TB

thanks Thunderbird84 , a pleasure to see you in these places biggrin_o.gif

the truth is that the Tr_obj.pbo ( the core of the FFN mod) has a lot of features , some even unused in the ffn mod itself .In the replacement i've made i just wanted to include the dodge and cqb movements ,wich are the most atractive feature of the mod but keeping the possibility of activating other FFN features via init line.

so the number of scripts called by the replacement is really limited , exceptuating some user actions that i find nice and the activation of the TR_OBJ\TAG\int.sqs , that isn't really needed for the dodge movements to work.

@william1

Yeah I deleted _this exec ""\TR_OBJ\TAG\int.sqs" and everything works perfectly. And lag is reduced. Thanks a lot, now ArmA Kick Ass(Now? Or as usuall? : D)

[edit]

I love the flash when hit, the beating heart sound. Whole replacement is great^^

Hello everyone. I've been playing evo a lot and have been active on Armaholic forums.

Last night I ventured onto a server running the increased ai range. Had my ass handed to me at the hills of Cayo.

Enemy when you're seen snipes; fires AA Strellas, MG's from BMPs, and does that giant leap dodge when taking fire. They lay down covering fire, and flanks when you kill or just fire on one of them. I actually saw a tandem volley from an ATGM BRDM to take out a m113. Sheesh.

All we need now is Cleanrock's ai code to set up ambushes at Gulan and we'll have ourselves a new game with killer ai.

Great job with this mod! *bandages burnt arms, legs and butt*

Yeah but that would be also fps killer ;p

Wanna try real killers? Download SLX_Mod for ofp, the version with SLX_Manuever. Then ofp will change into ultimate survival xP

ok, new version out 1.3

link:

http://qshare.com/get/166859/FFN_REPLACEMENT_ver_1.3.7z.html

changelog:

- fixed incompatibility with 3rd parties custom animations

- two versions of replacement( install only one at once):

FFN_REPLACEMENT: only dodge and cqb movements , less laggy

FFN_REPLACEMENT_RANGE : dodge and cqb movements and increased engange distance , allows the possibility to activate other ffn features via init line

-corrected officerE showing instead SquadLeaderE and TeamLeaderE

-integrated all fixes into the replacement so only one replacement addon is needed

-made extended eventhandlers compatible (needed)

-taken out some features like supressive fire or especialized soldiers only able to enter vehicles (pilots->planes/choppers,etc)

to reduce the lag to the max

-compatible with other mods like SIX tracers, Maddmats effects and @ECS mod.

(to make it compatible with @ECS mod you have to put @ECS mod before @FFN mod in the loading order , something like this:

"...\Armed Assault\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;DBE1;@ECS;@FFN;@NWD;@.. )

-initial release