Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

Resistance Units

I have been playing arround with the idea of graffiti, but I would need a lot of objects for that... might make some smaller ones but hopefully there will be some sort of post-apocalypse map at some point wich would need graffiti like everywhere...

Maybe you can make 'flying letters', just the graffitiletters flying in the air with a transparant background which we can place everywhere ourselves. smile_o.gif

To quote the allmighty internet:

Awesomesauce!

biggrin_o.gif Now, for the sake of gender-equality, there should be a whole buncha them females running around! Also, if possible, make one or two with the "home made equipment" sort of gear, or just with a duffel bag etc. So that you can remove their weapons and have them look like generic beat up post-apoc survivors.

Wohoo! Womens! The era of sausage-festivity is finally coming to an end!

Regards,

Wolfrug

for now the amount of females are limitid to how much I can remodel the face... but some more hair colors and small changes should be good enough for now...

there will be some with more homemade stuff....

I'm working on some primitive gas masks not very realistic but it will look great on these units...

about those flying letters, not a bad idea at all... I have no iea how to do that but I'll write it down for now and have someone take a look at it, I would also like to add some sort of dust in the air...

next release will be with both opfor and object pack and ofcourse the female fighters... I hope I can have it ready soon so I don't keep you waiting

a screen of the female variants

resfemalesrt4.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

I'm working on some primitive gas masks not very realistic but it will look great on these units...

Awesome yay.gifyay.gif

These look great..... notworthy.gif

The women are looking awesome, can't wait.

I did a little more playing with the units and I found that many of them had no pistol textures when one was drawn. I was using the BIS M9 taken from the US weapon crate and only:

Advanced Gear Green

Fighter Advanced Gear

Fighter Advanced Gear Hood

Heavy Fighter Advanced

Heavy Fighter Advanced2

Heavy Fighter Backpack4

Light Fighter T-Shirt

Light Fighter3 T-Shirt

had visible pistols in hand. The rest, the weapon was in the kit list, you could select it, the animation was there to draw and you could even shoot (casings came out of the air and there was a bullet strike), there was just no pistol seen.

On the idea of the 'flying letters' it also be great if we could get some larger 'litter' objects that you can currently get in Arma at the moment with one the editor addons. You know the objects you place down and in game its just a bunch of paper and other litter all over the floor? The current ones only cover a very small area, be great if a larger one could be created so you only need to place one or two of them down in editor to cover entire cities to give them the post apocalyptic look with all new papers, empty cans, other litter laying around the streets after the looting/panic/evacuation/etc...

another idea to the flying paper for a apocalyptic feeling would be to see the creator/creators of NIM weather make it so that instead of leaves its paper. And maybe even random smoke spots

Snake Raper: I confirm that, we spotted the same on our squadnight but we thought FFN mod was the one to blame wink_o.gif

@Halochief89

good idea, I'll ask them when I get that far with this

@D.murphy man

already on it just need some more ideas to what I should make but it'll come

@Snake Raper

I know about the issue just don't know how to fix it yet but thanks alot for the list saved me some time

some other news for you...

I just learned the basics of island making so I have started working on the idea of an island, won't be in the near future though since its brand new to me just thought I would let you know

When are You going to release those women soldiers? We need more civilian objects etc smile_o.gif

When are You going to release those women soldiers? We need more civilian objects etc smile_o.gif

I hope a forum rule will be added soon cause this is so annoying.

@CanadianTerror

rofl.gifnotworthy.gif

well there is a rule about that (more or less) its called READ !!!

tounge2.gif

these guys and (soon ? ) gals are realy cool looking especialy with the yomie zombies attacking them

Wow they look really Great!

@agamoth

You plan to make a half dressed version to,because that would be great for some rescue missions.;)

And guys. don't try to think something stupid about that. tounge2.gif

Jaba the hutt would like that biggrin_o.gif I think if a island is in the making have different parts for different scenarios one with destroyed buildings to destroyed tanks for the resistance. Another covered in blood marks and other such items for zombies and for aliens I don't know lets hope in the next Alien pack by Ryan_D there could be a destroyed UFO model.

still got a lot to learn about the the island making so don't expect anything on that front any time soon...

I started making some small ideas I had about some extras for the addon.. some mutants/zombies... they don't have to be dangerous just imagine having certain areas of the map where the mutants belong or something would make these places a bit scary traveling to

this is more a zombie than a mutants really but I had to start somewhere... and I do plan to make other textures

mutantml3.jpg

Will you do something about the animations, though? Might be a bit tough, all things considered.

But don't spread your attention TOO far now! biggrin_o.gif Get the next freedom fighters pack out! Really hope you get the blood fixed - and maybe them pistol anims too, but they're great in any which case.

Regarding the ideas of papers etc. on the ground - maybe you could just glue together a bunch of the already existing BIS trash piles and newspapers and bottles and such into a larger whole? Such as:

"Light ground litter 10 x 10"

"Light ground litter 100 x 100"

"Medium (trash piles) ground litter 10 x 10"

Etc. Just an idea. smile_o.gif

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Wolfrug

nice screenshots CURSOR would have lagged like crazy if I tried that...

about my intentions they are spread wide infact this is no longer a single addon but a full mod...

I'll edit the front page in a few moments to explain some more

I love the units, but I would really like it if they looked a bit more 'dirtier' for the female units make there hair look uncombed I don't think they should spent time worrying about there hair while fighting off enemies wink_o.gif

update delayed a little... might aswell release the new updates while I'm at it and it takes a while to get them all packed up and uploaded but later today they should be here

yeah sorry about that.. well I can try its a bit more difficult than the other parts but I'll give it a shot but could you perhaps be more specific of how you wan't it to look

E h,Well it would be Great if u could make something like this:

URL removed. Image was on a fine line.

wink_o.gif