Sign in to follow this  
franze

F/A-18E/F Super Hornet

cant wait to test the new weapon GUI

good to hear the HUD have been fixed wink_o.gif

@Martin_BM

Bug noted and corrected, thanks. smile_o.gif

@ANZACSAS Steve & Rubberkite

I'm not sure why it's working for you, steve. It's not working for me either, but works for all the default vehicles. I was thinking it was a missing eventhandler but I've tried everything from modifying the weapons in the config to adding eventhandlers and nothing seems to enable the tracers.

@warpuppy

That variable enables the WSO on the F/A-18F to call artillery strikes on the map.

@Big & Stavanger

Thanks for the mirrors!

@all

Thanks for the kind words yet again, it means a bunch. smile_o.gif

franze...

Now with this new update do i need to remove the triggers for the GUI?

How about the unit names weapon_cmd?

Sorry for the Q's but i notices you did not update the readme

You don't need the triggers anymore but you still need the fz_weaponcmd unit. You will need the triggers and scripts if you want to customize the GUI (i.e., remove certain weapons from the menu).

You don't need the triggers anymore but you still need the fz_weaponcmd unit. You will need the triggers and scripts if you want to customize the GUI (i.e., remove certain weapons from the menu).

I just want to be clear to use the GUI as is all i need to do is remove my triggers...... does the ammo truck still need to be named "ammotruck?

If you want to use the built-in GUI, you can remove any triggers and/or scripts in the mission for the old GUI.

Any west ammo truck will provide GUI arming capabilities now. You have to be within 50m of a truck to get the action.

One more time ... this F/A18 addon is great. biggrin_o.gif

New "Arming Menu" is a real improvement.

What's need now is a real opponent for the plane, I will say a SU27 with full AAA weapons and ECM as well as chaffs and flares.

Its very difficult to refuel to an other F/A18 because even if there is a green spot on the "radar screen" the plane is quite invisible.

Franze and Rubberkite,

6th sense tracers works on my install using only the tracer and blood from 6thsense and the f18.

No weapons cfg changes were required.

This is using ARMA version 1.08 and kegeteys launcher.

@Old Bear

I'm sure someone is doing a Su-27 or a derivative of it. My preference is more toward the earlier Su-17/22 and MiG products, however. smile_o.gif

@ANZACSAS Steve

Tried that... Tracers still don't work. I'm not exactly sure what's going on in that regard. Maybe some of the 6thSense people could shed a little light on it.

Wow you hooked this jet up yes vary lovely love it ya hit the sweet spot on this biggrin_o.gif Iv see in an few pages back that the F-16 would be like this too this is just awsome keep it up wink_o.gif

I test in bot 1.08 & 1.11 with arma and default six tracert config

no tracer in bot test.

Fanze the plane is really close to perfection but you "must" find a solution to increase the power without burner, because it's really slow and follow other plane is really hard.

have a nice week of fun and development smile_o.gif

Yep, there is something wrong with speed. In my "test" mission, I went flying F/A 18 and SU34, of course, SU is too easy to shot down because it has no ECM/Chaffs/Flares but it can be a fast plane.

I was unable to test refuel because I was unable to keep pace with an AI piloted F/A18 "tanker" without using AB. sad_o.gif

As I have played many hours (too many ...?) playing "F/A18 Hornet" on my old LCIII Macintosh ... some time ago, well, I will enjoy some similar opponents, MIG21 and MIG27, as well as S-75 (SA2 SAM) sites.

Whats the difference between the 1.1 and 0.3huh.gif

A ton.

v0.3 is the current version of the plane itself.

v1.1 is the current version of the XWS GUI for the plane.

So, one is the F/A-18 and the other is the test weapons system GUI for the F/A-18

that plane need pilots

have reskins PWK west pilots

aces_pilot.jpg

topper_pilot.jpg

nice ,he biggrin_o.gif

@Rubberkite & Old Bear

Well, I'll see what I can do. Maybe there's a function I might be able to use to help out here.

@Martin_BM

Attempted to reproduce, couldn't. Were all the bombs emptied on the station 8 rack?

@eddyD

Excellent retexture! smile_o.gif

All we need now is JHMCS!

@all

Thanks for the continued support. It means a lot!

Quote[/b] ]Attempted to reproduce, couldn't. Were all the bombs emptied on the station 8 rack?

Yes they where. I checked today and some times its works fine but other time one bomb is visble, i think its because my low pc sad_o.gif

I can modify it at a later date - a simple change, using a more brute force approach.

@Old Bear

I'm sure someone is doing a Su-27 or a derivative of it. My preference is more toward the earlier Su-17/22 and MiG products, however. smile_o.gif

@ANZACSAS Steve

Tried that... Tracers still don't work. I'm not exactly sure what's going on in that regard. Maybe some of the 6thSense people could shed a little light on it.

nope

noone is doing su27 or improving up to the real level of su34

so, it's gods will to let u be the first who create su27 or mig29 vs ur f18 baby wink_o.gif

@ franze:

great work on the f/a-18 so far. after having so much fun with the mig 15 i gave your addon another try, and i was astonished by the massive development from 0.1 to 0.3!!

i'm at work atm and cannot read all pages, so i apologize if someone posted this already:

is it possible to make the sight-view behave like the one in the ka-50, eg that you can adjust the zoom-level without it returning to standard zoom when releasing the button? that would be awesome.